anfo

Changing Group Names

I've looked for any new answers from time to time on this topic, but apart from GroupID it doesn't seem to be solved.

The group names in a MP lobby, ie Alpha 1-1, Bravo 2-3 etc - have BI made them changeable yet?

Unfortunately they're hard-coded into the game. I remember a year or two I tried the same but no luck :C I'm sure there is a reason for this however.

If you're looking for those names to be diferent in mission lobby, nope there's no way for that. Ingame however there's plenty ways to change that such as the dynamic group script that allows you to change team name or for example shacktac user interface also allows for that.

On 4/19/2017 at 3:20 AM, Grester said:

If you're looking for those names to be diferent in mission lobby, nope there's no way for that. Ingame however there's plenty ways to change that such as the dynamic group script that allows you to change team name or for example shacktac user interface also allows for that.

In the lobby?

there is a field near the playable character radio button.

You can change the name for each unit in the lobby to whatever you want.

6 hours ago, Midnighters said:

In the lobby?

there is a field near the playable character radio button.

You can change the name for each unit in the lobby to whatever you want.

OP's question is about Group Names not Unit/Role Names. Those can be changed to be visible in lobby (AKA slot names).

5 hours ago, Grester said:

OP's question is about Group Names not Unit/Role Names. Those can be changed to be visible in lobby (AKA slot names).

Oooh..my bad!

The cba solution is the best one, as stated above