Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

Maybe they are collaborating with the ACRE mod team to implement it into vanilla.

Would fit with the trend set forth by Jets DLC collaboration with the black wasp team.

I do not think that the Orange DLC will be so much script related as you all believe. Remember that BI has this kind of unique update and upgrade system ! Platform updates are what extends the current platform system (scripts for what it matters) and are free and whereas content like tanks, airplanes ..so to speak models are not.

For example if it would be some kind of logistic stuff ..this would mean there had to be some sort of logistic vehicles to come with it. So I'm not so sure about some kind of  VOIP either.... the only proper models you could make in that connection would be some sort of new radios and stuff. As cool as this would be I'm not sure how well this could be sold as DLC ...because the functionality itself would have the possibility to split the community if you do not have this contend at all.. at least it would not be easy to do and for sure the Orange has to have some models only for people that bought it...

In calling Logistics, mainly due to how many players in multiplayer and single player use mods that enable the moving, towing, or construction of supplies that support a mission during gameplay. Weather it be picking up crates, and loading them in a truck, honestly ever since Arma 2, it's the most used script. So a Vanilla iteration of logistics would drastically improve the game, and performance on a drastic majority of servers, while expanding the capabilities for the game and future titles. But who knows. The logo could represent logistics, two people shaking hands, they're obviously cooperating in some form of way, had a deal, or traded something, shook hands and are on their way. Or it could be something compeletely different...

However, I actually just remembered that BI added support for ammo crates being usable with the Vehicle in Vehicle transportation, and said they planned to expand the feature in the Future, yet have remained silent on the subject ever since Apex. So I'm curious, if they did add animations for carrying crates and a feature for loading them up into offroads, zamaks, hemtt's, and other vehicles, it would fit in their desceiption of being a DLC thats the size of Heli DLC and Karts, that could add a few new supplies and logistical equipment to boost such features during gameplay.

On 10/22/2016 at 11:19 AM, froggyluv said:

We Dads need a conference on how in the hell we're gonna sneak this new tech into our families unnoticed. Im thinking "nightvision to catch intruders honey" to start...

I know quoting this qualifies as necromancy, but that is pure genius.

Logistic sounds very possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_orange

Maybe road assistance also :-)

Back to what was written "... this upcoming new package will explore an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. The Arma 3 "Orange" DLC will include new vehicles, new clothing and gear, new decorative objects, a mini-campaign, Showcase and Challenge scenarios, and more. "

So I am thinking about Medical missions and assets such as Medevac,MASH or humanitarian tasks.

12 hours ago, oldbear said:

Back to what was written "... this upcoming new package will explore an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. The Arma 3 "Orange" DLC will include new vehicles, new clothing and gear, new decorative objects, a mini-campaign, Showcase and Challenge scenarios, and more. "

So I am thinking about Medical missions and assets such as Medevac,MASH or humanitarian tasks.

This was my first thought aswell, although I can see the reasoning behind the logistics prediction (MEDEVAC i still strongly related to logistics to be fair)

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, darksidesixofficial said:

In calling Logistics, mainly due to how many players in multiplayer and single player use mods that enable the moving, towing, or construction of supplies that support a mission during gameplay. Weather it be picking up crates, and loading them in a truck, honestly ever since Arma 2, it's the most used script. So a Vanilla iteration of logistics would drastically improve the game, and performance on a drastic majority of servers, while expanding the capabilities for the game and future titles. But who knows. The logo could represent logistics, two people shaking hands, they're obviously cooperating in some form of way, had a deal, or traded something, shook hands and are on their way. Or it could be something compeletely different...

However, I actually just remembered that BI added support for ammo crates being usable with the Vehicle in Vehicle transportation, and said they planned to expand the feature in the Future, yet have remained silent on the subject ever since Apex. So I'm curious, if they did add animations for carrying crates and a feature for loading them up into offroads, zamaks, hemtt's, and other vehicles, it would fit in their desceiption of being a DLC thats the size of Heli DLC and Karts, that could add a few new supplies and logistical equipment to boost such features during gameplay.

PhysX cranes too possibly? and/or SS Tanoa Star

1 hour ago, [evo] dan said:

PhysX cranes too possibly?

Possible. The new vehicle(s) could be ones that have a rope crane that picks up heavier paracrates/ammo boxes and the ones infantry can't carry by hand. Though I still think it'd be very useful. Perhaps they could even do the same to the Bobcat with the crane, and make it operational. Though I think it's important for infantry to be able to move around equipment. Bring more Arma into live gameplay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Possible. The new vehicle(s) could be ones that have a rope crane that picks up heavier paracrates/ammo boxes and the ones infantry can't carry by hand. Though I still think it'd be very useful. Perhaps they could even do the same to the Bobcat with the crane, and make it operational. Though I think it's important for infantry to be able to move around equipment. Bring more Arma into live gameplay.

Well I'm hoping they add a small car ferry for the civies in order to get them around the island if it is a logistics or humanitarian dlc. (SS Tanoa Star was a prototype I made in Arma  to learn ships)

On 3/30/2017 at 0:15 AM, darksidesixofficial said:

they added Vehicle in Vehicle config support for other assets like ammo crates

There is no vanilla addaction though, so you will have to script the action.

One thing to note, is the "canVehicleCargo" command does not work for these expanded ViV assets, it will always report [false,false]

The medical system is one of the few things that haven't yet been upgraded to a more realistic state such as radars, FCS, CCIP, damage hit points models, HUDs and so on.

Its good to know BLS and teaching it to players, should be considered a public service. Like American's Army does it.

3 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

they added Vehicle in Vehicle config support for other assets like ammo crates

There is no vanilla addaction though, so you will have to script the action.

One thing to note, is the "canVehicleCargo" command does not work for these expanded ViV assets, it will always report [false,false]

All the more reason for BI to actually make it work in Vanilla. We have all these objects placable in editor, fuel barrels, ammo crates, gun crates, etc., but only helicopters can move them via. Ropes. An extended feature to allow players to move all this stuff around on foot and into trucks, heli's, planes, etc. Would be amazing. I think only one mod uses this, but it's a bland, one use. You can only load one type of crate, into one type of truck.

I'm wary of any Crisis Relief DLC. The Czech DLC for A2 turned their relief missions into waypoint hunting.

Well first project orange or orange dlc is due to their location in Netherlands (recently opened studio).

If any of you would like to speculate what are they working on, a good start would be researching who moved

to Netherland studio and what is their expertise. You can mostly figure that out from their tweeters. (past sitreps).

13 hours ago, en3x said:

Well first project orange or orange dlc is due to their location in Netherlands (recently opened studio).

If any of you would like to speculate what are they working on, a good start would be researching who moved

to Netherland studio and what is their expertise. You can mostly figure that out from their tweeters. (past sitreps).

Or you can visit the studio, and ask about it :D

I live in The Netherlands, and I would love to visit.

But I think they won't appreciate it...

15 minutes ago, darkfurby1 said:

Or you can visit the studio, and ask about it :D

I live in The Netherlands, and I would love to visit.

But I think they won't appreciate it...

visit them but make sure you take cake and booze. Im sure they will appreciate you then....

If it's a humanitarian crisis mod can you all include a Tomahawk cruise missile with "From Trump - With love" written on the side?  I hear that works.

In all seriousness I still hope it's naval assets or at very least something with a "walk on decks" feature.

As bad as Arma needs more Naval Assets, hoping for it still at this point, is literal beating a dead horse... unless you combine boats with logistics, which is unlikely. But there's still hope for other things that Arma needs badly.

Heli DLC brought us 2 new Heli's/varients, sling loading, advanced flight model, new assets/props, 

If the Orange DLC brought us logistics the size of that, here's what i think it could bring us.

2 new vehicles (could be boats, given the fact logistics could already be updated to existing vehicles like the trucks, heli's, Vtols, offroads, Hemtt/Zamak/Tempest via. features being free for all), 

Infantry loading, advanced interaction that allows players to move crates and stuff around on foot with new holding and walking animations, and a few new props, or just updating props that could be useful, like fuel barrels, and static objects (with physics of course) that could be moved around and positioned by infantry, loaded up into vehicles, etc.

The

On 2017/04/10 at 5:39 PM, Vigil Vindex said:

I have a bad feeling that it's going to be Bicycle DLC...

That section of the Video started off with Karel cruising by on a bike and then the cut to the bike rack...so

Wouldnt mind it. :> Started a mod like that last year, but never released it, as I felt the quality wasnt up with my expectations. :>

1 hour ago, graemeshute said:

That section of the Video started off with Karel cruising by on a bike and then the cut to the bike rack...so

Bikes are very popular in Netherlands. Also why not.

• Ancient Greek gods(old ones and the new). Checked.
  • Karts... Checked.
  • Helis... Checked.
  • Marksmanship... Checked.
  • Trees... Lots of trees are checked.
  • Hodor... hodor:(
  • Jets... checked.
  • Tanks... checked.
  • ObamaCare... missed.
  • Anti-radars/adv. radio with jammers... please:dummy:

• Like 1