Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

Nazi Germany...made Fanta Orange. Germany invaded the Netherlands (Orange). The ORANGE DLC=A Nazi Fanta DLC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graemeshute said:

Nazi Germany...made Fanta Orange. Germany invaded the Netherlands (Orange). The ORANGE DLC=A Nazi Fanta DLC

Just WOW.

• Like 1

I REALLY hope it is a revamp of the high command (and commanding system in general).  

A "new perspective" could easily be the perspective of a commander.  

I'd love to see a high command that we can hook into with scripts, and is more streamlined and functional.  Commanding AI to board and unload from helicopters and whatnot should be easy and fast.  Commanding stationary gun teams to unpack and point a gun in a certain direction.  Commanding artillery to fire.  A better waypoint system that allows us to input waypoint parameters before placing it down, and some stronger and smoother waypoint functionality.

Imagine a high command where you could tell a rifle squad to load up into a helicopter, tell the helicopter to land on the far side of a forest and the rifle squad to disembark, then have the rifle squad move up to a treeline outside of a village and wait while a mortar squad sets up somewhere, and then queue up waypoints to have the mortar squad fire some rounds into the villiage at a specific time of day, and have the rifle squad move in 40 seconds after.  

I would LOVE this.  

I wouldn't be mad about more naval assets though.  Some fast attack craft would be nice, naval artillery in the form of mortars, anti air, ect.  Landing craft would be cool with the new vehicle in vehicle transport.  Nothing huge, we don't need destroyers, that would just be silly given the map sizes.  But some gun boats larger and more varied than what we have would be cool.

Personally, I hope it is NOT VR.  I don't care how cool it is, I wont pay out the ---- to wear something on my face while I play.  I'll be skipping that DLC if it is VR, and I think the VR community is still a minority of players, so from a business standpoint it doesn't sound smart to dedicate resources to that.  I hope its not VR....

• Like 4

18 hours ago, jwllorens said:

I REALLY hope it is a revamp of the high command (and commanding system in general).  

A "new perspective" could easily be the perspective of a commander.  

I'd love to see a high command that we can hook into with scripts, and is more streamlined and functional.  Commanding AI to board and unload from helicopters and whatnot should be easy and fast.  Commanding stationary gun teams to unpack and point a gun in a certain direction.  Commanding artillery to fire.  A better waypoint system that allows us to input waypoint parameters before placing it down, and some stronger and smoother waypoint functionality.

Imagine a high command where you could tell a rifle squad to load up into a helicopter, tell the helicopter to land on the far side of a forest and the rifle squad to disembark, then have the rifle squad move up to a treeline outside of a village and wait while a mortar squad sets up somewhere, and then queue up waypoints to have the mortar squad fire some rounds into the villiage at a specific time of day, and have the rifle squad move in 40 seconds after.  

I would LOVE this.  

I wouldn't be mad about more naval assets though.  Some fast attack craft would be nice, naval artillery in the form of mortars, anti air, ect.  Landing craft would be cool with the new vehicle in vehicle transport.  Nothing huge, we don't need destroyers, that would just be silly given the map sizes.  But some gun boats larger and more varied than what we have would be cool.

Personally, I hope it is NOT VR.  I don't care how cool it is, I wont pay out the ---- to wear something on my face while I play.  I'll be skipping that DLC if it is VR, and I think the VR community is still a minority of players, so from a business standpoint it doesn't sound smart to dedicate resources to that.  I hope its not VR....

Much as I agree with the High Command thing, you're wrong about VR. Proper VR in Arma would be a whole new level of epic. Don't knock it until you've tried it...

• Like 2

Codename Orange ........  the thing is the Dutch military is throwing away all of there good stuff like tanks  so i think it will mean tanks DLC will disapear as will the infantry, naval and .... well about everything ....aspect :P 

its something new to try for BIS no more army like the Dutch...... a military simulator without the military ..

Maybe a new map on a new sort of terrain?

1 hour ago, Mitrail said:

Maybe a new map on a new sort of terrain?

Not seeing it, simply because Bohemia has treated new terrains (Tanoa and Malden 2035) as significant enough to declare up front from the start.

What is Orange DLC is about? Holy mission seeking for the answer below here:

** don't take it seriously! **

• Like 7

If the 'Orange' in the title has anything to do with the Netherlands, it is either going to be an RTS-mode or some naval assets;

What did the Dutch achieve that is relevant to the history of warfare?
During the seventeenth century, the 'Golden Age,' the Netherlands not only had a formidable navy for the European theater, it also allowed the founding of colonies oversees, the protection of them and the birth/rise of the V.O.C. (Dutch East India Company): the first multinational corporation in the world, and the first company to issue stock.

The Dutch royal navy of today is less legendary but does pack some (small) submarines that play a niche role in NATO: Brown Water & Special Force Operations. And these happen to be replaced/updated in 2025, just in time for 2035...

• Like 2

VOC / maritime spec ops would fit tanoa, since you can link it to "doodstil", "moddergat", "lijnhaven" and other dutch names on the map.

orange info has been "doodstil" or "dead quiet" as it is translated.

The Orange in the title comes from the DLC being made in the Netherlands by the new BI studio there.

On 11/02/2017 at 10:06 PM, heavygunner said:

The Orange in the title comes from the DLC being made in the Netherlands by the new BI studio there.

Yup, that's what you can read at least once per page on every page of this topic.

On 2/11/2017 at 0:32 PM, NoPOW said:

If the 'Orange' in the title has anything to do with the Netherlands, it is either going to be an RTS-mode or some naval assets;

Oh boy I hope you're right.  I really wish BIS would focus on Naval assets, but I don't see how that could be a "interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield".  Naval assets would be somewhat isolated gameplay to the core infantry mechanics of the game.  But never the less, I'll keep my fingers crossed for naval assets or at least walking on decks feature, even if the dlc doesn't focus on naval assets.

Good to see we almost half way through February 2017 and DLC details remain skint. Come on Joris what gives????

They are  joining the citrus trade. The ORANGE DLC team is in fact an experimental battalion type group tasked with turning the BI store into a one stop place for your niche BI developed games/ (probably imported from Spain) citrous foodstuff.

Anyone who disagrees with  what I've just said likes pineapples... and we all know no ones likes the ones who like pineapples...  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maio said:

They are  joining the citrus trade. The ORANGE DLC team is in fact an experimental battalion type group tasked with turning the BI store into a one stop place for your niche BI developed games/ (probably imported from Spain) citrous foodstuff.

Anyone who disagrees with  what I've just said likes pineapples... and we all know no ones likes the ones who like pineapples...  

Or tulips? :')

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

• Like 1

There was me thinking that orange = kingdom of orange = Netherlands.

Netherlands is part of benelux and benelux is made of 3 countries so I guess that its the half life 3 dlc that's been confirmed??

• Like 2

On 2017/02/10 at 8:26 PM, eriktrak said:

What is Orange DLC is about? Holy mission seeking for the answer below here:

** don't take it seriously! **

I couldn't stop laughing...thats seems about right. But where is Petka, Karel and Marek?

Just noticed something...

This gun, I swear it isn't in Arma 3:

7EMxRhK.png

Perhaps it could have something to do with Orange DLC? (picture is their official holidays 2016 one.)