Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

Well i can't be that certain it's paid. We can speculate it might be though.

Jet DLC - Free

Tank DLC - Premium

Malden DLC - Free

Tac-Ops - Premium

ORANGE - ???

It's 50/50 and a question mark. This is actually a good question... Is it paid or un-paid?  :o

Edit: or perhaps Tac-Ops and Orange are similar or connected in some way, both development brackets begin at the same time.

Jet DLC is premium.

• Like 3

Sitrep #00179

Operation

To fund our projects, the announced DLC packages, aside from the Malden Free DLC, will be premium.

Karel's background is game play systems - editor modules, ZEUS and 3DEN...

Yoris is similar. In fact Yoris's twitter description is Dynamically Procedural Bohemian.

I think Orange DLC will be a significant overhaul of the editor modules and introduction of new dynamic gameplay systems that bring the battlefield "alive" :)

The original design concept for both Arma 2 and Arma 3 was to have some element of procedurally generated scenarios and missions. However, in Arma 3 this was never really achieved.

Of course this alone probably isn't interesting enough, so maybe we will finally get persistent MP campaigns (ala Falcon F-16 campaigns) with playable content and systems that allow players to create their own. A lot of the plumbing is almost there...

I believe the VR development is happening in Czech Republic, so doubt its Orange DLC.

• Like 5

edit - wrong spot. moved to tac ops suggestions. nit really interested in vr although vive looks good.

the future is bright the future is Orange.

Maybe battlefield communications, radios , sat phones etc.

The problem with a bunch of this DLC speculation: "what would you put behind the paywall?"

19 minutes ago, chortles said:

The problem with a bunch of this DLC speculation: "what would you put behind the paywall?"

Well they would probably still follow "content is behind a paywall, features are free" idea...

If that's what you are referring to.  

1 minute ago, takehomethecup said:

Well they would probably still follow "content is behind a paywall, features are free" idea...

If that's what you are referring to.  

Correct, but the content is what I don't see in so many community speculations...

I enjoy reading the suggestions everyone is posting here. Can't forget "we're very much interested in exploring an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield" VR is quite likely, but I think that requires high and stable framerates. So this should be something else. Orange could be so many things and taken in so many ways, so we should remain focused on a unique perspective. Unique implies that it's not explored yet as much as other perspectives, so my "wish" is that it's something as great as door sounds, bipods or fire selector sounds. Small, but awesome!

• Like 2

Arma 3   in fact already support VR on not....?

Spoiler

Not really support... More like "it kinda works somewhat".

Random thought: maybe it's civilian stuff like search and rescue teams or paramedics.

• Like 1

That would be cool and would extend Arma beyond combat, but I doubt BIS wants to push in that direction :/

2 minutes ago, Callsign said:

That would be cool and would extend Arma beyond combat, but I doubt BIS wants to push in that direction :/

That would create an issue about the identity of the game. "So, what kind of game is Arma?" "You can do stuff in it."

This is more up to modder than devs.

4 hours ago, computer said:

I enjoy reading the suggestions everyone is posting here. Can't forget "we're very much interested in exploring an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield" VR is quite likely, but I think that requires high and stable framerates. So this should be something else. Orange could be so many things and taken in so many ways, so we should remain focused on a unique perspective. Unique implies that it's not explored yet as much as other perspectives, so my "wish" is that it's something as great as door sounds, bipods or fire selector sounds. Small, but awesome!

Realism is in the details, but it still rises questions about paid content.

While that makes more sense than some other suggestions, one has to remember that it's a premium DLC and I don't know if there is anything like that which would lead people buying that DLC. If I remember right they already worked with the Red Cross once, so they could probably do it again, I assume?

2 minutes ago, heavygunner said:

While that makes more sense than some other suggestions, one has to remember that it's a premium DLC and I don't know if there is anything like that which would lead people buying that DLC. If I remember right they already worked with the Red Cross once, so they could probably do it again, I assume?

AFAIK they work with the Red Cross for ROE/killing civilians or medical vehicles. They also gave some money from the incomes of Kart DLC.

Maybe something related to medical system? An association between a squirrel and medical stuff seems quite natural, but for some reasons I personally doubt about it. Maybe not enough of an "unique perspective".