Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

Maybe it's PumpkinZ? A post apocalyptic vegetation conflict. ;)

• Like 1

It most likely has something to do with the newly announced 'Project Argo'.

Lot of orange in both the announcement trailer and on the website..

https://www.projectargo.net/

• Like 1

It most likely has something to do with the newly announced 'Project Argo'.

Lot of orange in both the announcement trailer and on the website..

https://www.projectargo.net

Interesting, thanks for the link!

Could BI confirm if Argo is linked to the Orange DLC?

I see an oddity here. First is the development of each project. Argo is being made in the Czech Republic, according to the devblog on the Agro website. On the ArmA III Roadmap, it claims the Orange DLC is being made in the Netherlands.

Second, the Roadmap talks about an "interesting and unique experience on the battlefield" and that the direction of the project isn't finalized. Is that really a 5v5 gametype? Maybe unique and interesting in ArmA terms because the franchise is usually far larger in scope, but by itself it doesn't sound that unique.

Finally, the roadmap seems more likely to explain the Malden DLC. Malden is the main island Project Argo takes place on. Would the Malden and Orange projects, announced separately, actually be one with Argo?

• Like 1

Nah, I still believe in hangarships with squirrels. This is obviously another project.

• Like 1

Could BI confirm if Argo is linked to the Orange DLC?

I see an oddity here. First is the development of each project. Argo is being made in the Czech Republic, according to the devblog on the Agro website. On the ArmA III Roadmap, it claims the Orange DLC is being made in the Netherlands.

Second, the Roadmap talks about an "interesting and unique experience on the battlefield" and that the direction of the project isn't finalized. Is that really a 5v5 gametype? Maybe unique and interesting in ArmA terms because the franchise is usually far larger in scope, but by itself it doesn't sound that unique.

Finally, the roadmap seems more likely to explain the Malden DLC. Malden is the main island Project Argo takes place on. Would the Malden and Orange projects, announced separately, actually be one with Argo?

I don't think so, Argo is a project for a competitive game, a standalone one. Orange DLC is definitely a DLC, not a standalone. I just think that they have something else in stock.

that looks like prerendered, non-ingame footage... omg deception 11eleven

Maybe... Maybe the Orange Project is a process to include Project Argo context into Arma 3? Including Cloud and Flames PMC, their vehicles, maybe new weapons, and also the Argo specific assets (antennas, beacon...), beside a little campaign could had a lot of opportunities.

Seeing as Orange has nothing to do with Argo, I think it's safe to say it's Logistics. Or at least, that would make the most sense. I think the future of Arma needs to have anot integrated logistics system in engine, that would allow for vastly improved game play opportunities that would make Arma great again. (No political implications in that statement).

But let's be honest, would it not be amazing to spawn an ammo truck. But instead of it just being a model, it has ammo crates infantry can remove, and move around themselves. Fuel canisters they can position in a base, or repair boxes to help with damaged hardware? Perhaps building supplies to put up tents, employments and FOB sections like during game play? This is the very thing I think Arma is missing in the Vanilla experience. I'm hoping Orange, complete with its squirrel logo, is just that.

• Like 1

But let's be honest, would it not be amazing to spawn an ammo truck. But instead of it just being a model, it has ammo crates infantry can remove, and move around themselves. Fuel canisters they can position in a base, or repair boxes to help with damaged hardware? Perhaps building supplies to put up tents, employments and FOB sections like during game play? This is the very thing I think Arma is missing in the Vanilla experience. I'm hoping Orange, complete with its squirrel logo, is just that.

Missing from where? Is there a Boring-Ass Base Simulator game mode I haven't seen?

• Like 1

Everyone seems convinced orange DLC is what THEY want in the game. Darksideofficial, and haleks want naval assets, so they construct some logic that proves orange == naval.  All the Dutch users are convinced it's their faction but only because that's what they want.

Everyone seems convinced orange DLC is what THEY want in the game. Darksideofficial, and haleks want naval assets, so they construct some logic that proves orange == naval.  All the Dutch users are convinced it's their faction but only because that's what they want.

Of course, we don't want things we don't want :rolleyes:

We will not make speculations about things we don't want to have in this game.

Its actually a commie faction because you know orange is the new red :D

Missing from where? Is there a Boring-Ass Base Simulator game mode I haven't seen?

Nope. Considering the most popular game mode (wasteland) from Arma 2 uses crates and loading objects into vehicles and building bases, i reckon this "Boring-Ass-Base-simulator" you mentioned is just another way for you saying logistics isn't your type of thing. That's completely fine, you have your opinion. But that's not the point.

But based on the reason i originally joined the Arma series, which wasn't DayZ like most, but rather the fact that it was an infantry game that could at the same time simulate helicopters, cars, bikes, tanks, APC's, Boats, Jets, and all these things combined into one great sandbox, after hours of intense gameplay, i always felt there was one major thing missing from an Interactive game of sorts. At heart, you spawn in. Your holding a gun, you got everything you need instantly. There's no need for the Ammo crates or base parts in the editor in missions when they're all pre-positioned, something that is infantry focused, should really have these by default, or at least some form of replenishment available not Via. scripts. I shouldn't have to cheat spawn, or script insta-spawn in some crate and place it perfectly somewhere via. some command interface.

Rather, it would be smoother if the assets were available so that i can go to it, get it, and bring it to where i need it. Now picture this on a bigger scale. You have TvTvT. Three teams fighting. What is it? Spawn, fight, die, respawn, fight, die, respawn. This to me is fr more boring than what you perceive as "boring". Here's why. Now instead of that repeat, you have a TvTvT. You spawn, but you have limited supplies. However, you've got more supplies at a designated base from combat. You can bring this into the combat zone, but that has risks all in it's own, possibility of crashing, or getting shot down, blown up. So now, you have to manage how and where to bring supplies to friendly forces in combat, in order to be efficient. This is the basis of Warfare, the core, so to speak, as well as it makes things more interesting. So you spawn, fight, die, or get injured. Run out of ammo, you don't just respawn. You can have 2 or 3 people running logistics that will dictate how effective you are in how you move and position your offenses/defenses, and supplies. It's far more interesting than just spawning in and shooting shit in my opinion. Of course, that's just my opinion. I've become bored with simple old Arma as it is, despite new things like VTOL's and such, granted given limited Logistical capabilities like Sling Loading and Vehicle in Vehicle transport, it's just teased rather than fully implemented and well thought out.

For example the Opfor transport can only hold a single small vehicle, where as the Blackfish can hold an APC or two armed cars. But what if it wasn't limited to VTOL's? Everything that has space can hold a smaller object or vehicle. You can now create more gameplay opportunities this way that provide more fun, while bringing back that attractiveness that had most people calling Arma a realistic simulator... without being one, of course. But it would also feel like a more polished title, instead of certain assets having limited abilities, the assets that would be used for such things in real life, now have these abilities in game, in a respectable fashion. 4 guys in the back of my Off-road, or maybe i want to transport a few Quad bikes instead just in case i want to be more low profile, or more mobile depending on the terrain later down the road. Or perhaps i've got a HemTT and i'm transporting 3 crates to the front line, one with AA or AT launchers and ammunition for 16-20 men with munitions that have been extremely low, which would be the lifeline for them. Or maybe there's a position that needs reinforcing, and there's a bout to be a major counter attack, i can bring supplies to put up H-Barriers, Sandbags, and emplacements to help the survival chances of the force. I can construct a UAV base using Anti-Thermal Tents that mask the position from enemy IR Camera's, and so on, so fourth. Arma has all these things, EXCEPT for the ability to manipulate and move them around live during gameplay, without heavily being scripted. This is the problem. I'm not trying to make it boring. I'm advocating for more flexibility in the core of the series.

To be fair, when something unknown is announced, people tend to come up with what it could be in their own minds. So the "Orage == Naval" assesment was simply my vision for an essentially unmarked DLC with the possibility of it's reveal being anything. I personally said Naval assets, because i've always said it was something BI's combined arms game never touched on in it's best potential.
  • Like 6

Nope. :Snip:

I'm game for logistics (I used to use R3f Logistics back in A2). But, i'm just going to wait and see what it is instead of making assumptions only to be let down later.

• Like 2

I'm game for logistics (I used to use R3f Logistics back in A2). But, i'm just going to wait and see what it is instead of making assumptions only to be let down later.

Fair play. I guess i'm just one with a lot of wishful thinking.

• Like 2

All we can do now when it comes to the orange dlc, is speculate. They've given us almost nothing as info (sure orange just a codename since that's the national Dutch colour).

What I would like is if something we actualy had comes back; infiltration. In the beginning of Arma 3, we could change clothes and by changing into enemy uniforms, you could deceive the enemy. Ofcourse, in war it's considered a warcrime to do this, but hey, that what the spying game is all about. Let's make war in Arma a bit more dirty.

Might be fun if they fix this aspect again (and make it better) and give us some infiltration and spying moments.