Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

Okay I'll chime in...

It's going to be their official Server Farm. It'll be a MP Studio with all its focus on both subscription and free based play from Missions, 1-Day Events, Scenarios, Historical Re-inactments, Competitions, Green vs Blue, etc.

I'm guessing it's the Multiplayer & Networking branch of Bohemia in some form. I can neither confirm nor deny.

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's the Multiplayer & Networking branch of Bohemia in some form...

that would also seem plausible to be...

now, after some thinking i really hope though, that it is soemthing AI related. like a "hetman-mod" meta AI, that would sit above current AI and give a strategic understanding to AI controlled forces. working towards specific goals, having an understanding of terrain and tactical approaching, improving survivalbility of squads by avoiding suicidal behaviour, logistics and support on a simulated AI level. An AI module like this would also open arma up for some other gameplay perspectives: you coud for example play it as an battlefield simulator, where you command a whole platoon or even larger units... this would also improve mission making, because scripting for AI would be optional and interesting gameplay with great replayability would naturally emerge from the meta AI finding ways to accomplish its goals...

as i mentioned above, soemthing like hetman mod, only even more sophisticated, more optimized and with easy integration into eden editor. that would be a dream come true for me:)

• Like 1

I meant the next big map/campaign DLC (in 2018/19) or Arma 4 then has to be an arctic (snowy) map featuring naval warfare......just joking but sounds somehow logical to me B)

A snowy, north Russian/European map that revolves around naval warfare, including submarines?  :D

• Like 2

A snowy, north Russian/European map that revolves around naval warfare, including submarines?  :D

Sumarine under the ice. That's it. Arma End Game.

I hope their new engine will be able to handle volumetric snow.

Okay I'll chime in...

It's going to be their official Server Farm. It'll be a MP Studio with all its focus on both subscription and free based play from Missions, 1-Day Events, Scenarios, Historical Re-inactments, Competitions, Green vs Blue, etc.

I'm guessing it's the Multiplayer & Networking branch of Bohemia in some form. I can neither confirm nor deny.

This would be badass for sure. Persistent map. Game master controlled storyline with multiple side mission against human or AI. Limitless possibilities. I would even pay for such MP event. 

Or maybe they're just bringing over some Technologies from Enfusion? Maybe we'll get the Persistent wild life (maybe including squirrels) that they're working on, or maybe an improved version of it from A2.

I'm just telling you! That's all bullshit, what they're creating, Malden what should we do with it? The jets will be measured against such a self-invented future.

I'm just telling you! That's all bullshit, what they're creating, Malden what should we do with it? The jets will be measured against such a self-invented future.

That's OT mate, this topic isn't about Malden or Jet DLC.

We were wondering why a squirrel and not anther animal, but it may also be relevant to wonder, why an animal and not something else?

+ They announced 4 paid DLCs, so the orange one is part of them. Following their DLC policy, it means that this DLC will have content in it (playable or sandbox), not only features.

Going with most people on logistical or support of some sort. Maybe even going so far as a civilian focused DLC. It would be interesting prospective to play a game focused on say a ambulance crew rescuing people from a airstrike, or some other refugee style play.

I'll venture a guess that it's a radio/communications plus command & control thing. I don't think it's going to focus on content, as the vague description didn't really lend itself to content. The roadmap used the term "innovative", which doesn't sound like something content-focused to me. "An interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield" and "a valuable, innovative addition" are the keys.

Secret Squirrel is known in military to usually referring to secret units

90152ba3593445fe8e84cd6030031518.jpg

Don't secret units use... secret weapons? It would be cool to see some interesting and fun new weapons, of the non-conventional sorts. 

I'm not pretty sure but Orange is the name of the town where Bohemia Interactive Simulations is.

http://www.businessdatabase.us/bohemia-interactive-simulations-inc-orlando-fl-32826.usbiz

You know they are developer of VBS series, the professional counterpart of Arma.

And also that application's identical color is orange. :)

One of my wish for years is Arma and VBS cooperate more closely so that they can utilize each other's strong point.

Even though my speculation cannot explain why the new studio was established in Dutch.

• Like 1

That's because some Devs are Dutch. They decided to open a new studio in their homeland. Orange is very important in Netherlands, it's a recurrent colour. I think most of us admitted that "Orange DLC" is related to the location of this studio in Amsterdam.

However, the fact that VBS is developed in Orange is new.

BI Simulations is in Orange, Florida. Although, given everything, it probably was a Dutch city... about 200 years ago. :) 

I would be very satisfied if the Orange DLC would bring some game changer core features.

E.g.: Underground objects, ability to move static object in the editor, terrain modification, better grenade and placeable handling.

But, it would be developed in the new studio. Maybe they don't know or want to implement core features like this and all we get is content and scripted things.

• Like 7

I still hold out hopes that 'Orange' DLC is some mechanic for CBRN scenarios.. not implying this has anything to do with Agent Orange..

Orange...???

NBQ08.jpg

A NBQ pest and disease control DLC...!!!!

OUUUYEEEAHHHH!!!!