Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

I would stick with the suggestion "interesting and unique perspective". Snowball fight? Qualifies for both.

Orange Snowballs?  :blink:

• Like 1

Orange Snowballs?  :blink:

Bio weapon.

Seriously still bet on logistical support - I haven't see other FPS simulating this.

Speculation is rather pointless right now, all we have to go on is a codename that's clearly taken from the Team's location and the phrase "unique perspective on the battlefield", which could mean virtually anything.

• Like 4

Speculation is rather pointless right now, all we have to go on is a codename that's clearly taken from the Team's location and the phrase "unique perspective on the battlefield", which could mean virtually anything.

But we're having fun and we're reacting to official announcements :unsure:

But we're having fun and we're reacting to official announcements :unsure:

Speculation and Arma walks hand in hand. Like irrational wishes and Arma. :)

• Like 2

"unique perspective on the battlefield", which could mean virtually anything.

inb4 Frog DLC and Seagull DLC

I think, it's completely unrealistic, that the amsterdam studio is working on something common like assets or similar. Remember, that amsterdam studio was newly founded and immediately got manned with some very, very experienced devs. it was probably not founded to create 3d models for arma 3, which is an "old" game.

I could imagine, that the studio was founded as an innovation and experimentation hub to explore new technologies (like VR f.e.) but also other new ideas. Bohemia would not create a new studio, just to assist with asset creation, as assets could also easily done by third party developers.

My bet is on something like a compeltely new game-mode, new AI framework (sth. like hetman perhaps?) or new complex civilian silumlation...   or even something related to VR, but i would assume, that this won't be tackled without the jump to enfusion engine...

• Like 1

I think, it's completely unrealistic, that the amsterdam studio is working on something common like assets or similar. Remember, that amsterdam studio was newly founded and immediately got manned with some very, very experienced devs. it was probably not founded to create 3d models for arma 3, which is an "old" game.

I could imagine, that the studio was founded as an innovation and experimentation hub to explore new technologies (like VR f.e.) but also other new ideas. Bohemia would not create a new studio, just to assist with asset creation, as assets could also easily done by third party developers.

My bet is on something like a compeltely new game-mode, new AI framework (sth. like hetman perhaps?) or new complex civilian silumlation...   or even something related to VR, but i would assume, that this won't be tackled without the jump to enfusion engine...

Agree with you - however I would rule out VR as I think current engine not robust enough scale for double performance which required to calculate frames for left and right eyes. 

Civilian simulation maybe.

I think, something something

You're right, aside of a will to go back to their homeland, they wouldn't have created a new studio for something they could do in the "old" ones. However, their is an opened job position for technical artist in Amsterdam, so they might produce new artistic content there.

Agree with you - however I would rule out VR as I think current engine not robust enough scale for double performance which required to calculate frames for left and right eyes. 

Civilian simulation maybe.

VR would be hell to create in Arma 3. Though, it would be amazing if someone managed to get the functionality to Onward level, which would basically be the best you can get in terms of FPS VR. Still hoping for something along the lines of Naval assets, or a more robust Logistical system, since they have VVT now, it would be great to see some infantry being able to build emplacements with supplies, move ammo boxes by dragging, or picking them up and carrying them around depending on the size, loading them into the back of trucks, and into heli's, like the Huron and Taru. 

OK, they're having fun on their side too.

I didn't know that they were hiring squirrels, but the fact that they created this Arma/squirrel package is just weird. Edita, Bohemia Palm Tree, Bohemia Cat, wasn't there also a dog?

Anyway, this guy is a new protagonist in Arma Meta.

i hope orange DLC is something about orangefor, a new side which includes a small new faction, some sort of rebels or gangs or anything. We have blufor, redfor, greenfor and a new side would be cool and would give us more option, also including recreating real war scenarios

• Like 1

OK, they're having fun on their side too.

I didn't know that they were hiring squirrels, but the fact that they created this Arma/squirrel package is just weird. Edita, Bohemia Palm Tree, Bohemia Cat, wasn't there also a dog?

Anyway, this guy is a new protagonist in Arma Meta.

Looks like it might be Logistics. Squirrels are capable of transporting and storing large amounts of supplies via. their cheeks. So i mean... it's not too far fetched right? XD

Looks like it might be Logistics. Squirrels are capable of transporting and storing large amounts of supplies via. their cheeks. So i mean... it's not too far fetched right? XD

Indeed, the logistic aspect is relevant and fit the explanations on the roadmap.

Aside of it, I'd like to highlight that, for other "meta-arma" Twitter account, they have a picture of the thing. If they had squirrels around a studio or a pet one (why not?) in the studio they would have take a picture of it. Here, not only there is not reference to real-life/studio-life, but they took time to search one on the Internet, and print it and stuff. So the squirrel is maybe related to the DLC. Or just because their fur can be orange? There are other orange animals...

Also, their ability to keep us busy is incredible.

^ Yeah my first thoughts were a logistics or medic module . However.the next map (Arma) has to be then a snowy island featuring rivers ,lakes and naval warfare :))

If it has something to do with Naval warfare or a winter map don't you think the color would be blue or grey and the animal a dolphin or whale?

Maybe it's a food system?  Roasted squirreled followed by an orange or two? :huh:

If it has something to do with Naval warfare or a winter map don't you think the color would be blue or grey and the animal a dolphin or whale?

Maybe it's a food system?  Roasted squirreled followed by an orange or two? :huh:

The colour is only related to Amsterdam, probably not to the content of this DLC. I don't think that "Orange" gives any information.

Orange gives us vitamin C. Vitamin C is important so sailors don't get scurvy.  So obviously we will get a fully functioning hangar ship from which we can take of with all the new jets. And tanks DLC is misinterpreted, it's all about fresh water and ballast...

a625387fe456974ea15b0ba12ec3f22e.jpg

• Like 6

I meant the next big map/campaign DLC (in 2018/19) or Arma 4 then has to be an arctic (snowy) map featuring naval warfare......just joking but sounds somehow logical to me B)

Y'all are reading too much into the squirrel.

• Like 1

have to wait and see that it is

that's not how we work.

No. This forum works like this;

From all the jokes and theories one more plausible theory will surface and establish itself to a truth over time. When BI officially announce the truth most players will be disappointed that they will not receive the hangarship full of flying squirrels they been waiting for since many months.

Sometimes BI do deliver more than this forum can imagine and all are mindblown, but what can top a squirrel hangarship...?

• Like 8