Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

Why a lot of people seem to think it will be naval assets?

Good question.

Because tanoa is island

Because naval transport is lacking at present time

Because naval operations are missing...on the island of Tanoa

Because it will give heavier assets ability to participate in combat (tanks..)

Since when do ships qualify as "innovative". More like bog standard. So no, pretty sure it wont be naval assetts.

• Like 1

Since when do ships qualify as "innovative". More like bog standard. So no, pretty sure it wont be naval assetts.

In the context of having never been fully realised in Arma...

The link between Netherlands and orange make me think that this codename is only related to the Amsterdam Studio, and doesn't give any information about the actual content of this DLC. I don't think it will be about agent Orange/chemicals...

--EDIT : do the devs even know what it will be?

Agree, I think the orange is only as the studio is in Amsterdam. Nothing more to it than a code name.

I'm quite sure the devs know why they opened up a new studio. It would be a first when a business opens up a new studio just to see what the customers might want to have...

So far I know GUI-God Moricky is working in Amsterdam, so maybe something UI related :D

For Arma it would. Name a single Arma series where medium ships were ever introduced or were apart of gameplay opportunities. They did good with Arma 3, divers and what not, but it's extremely limited, and the only game mode using Naval assets is literally Wasteland. Adding more things to do in every map consisting of mostly water, is a given for new gameplay opportunity. Not talking full fledged all out Naval Warfare. But as i've proved, and again, and again, and again, it's completely possible for great fun things to come with a gameplay dimension Bohemia and always avoided.

• Like 3

i am pretty sure the "orange" dlc is not going to be art related...mainly because the people working there are known for being part of the programming department...and afaik, most of the art department is not in NL. i would be expecting something similar to zeus rather than any sort of content based dlc...

but yeah, most here choose to believe differently without actually looking at the larger picture...

• Like 4

Or maybe optimistic? Realistic or not, BI mentioned that it's undecided, which means that there's a chance that the community can turn "Orange" into something. I think TAC-Ops is probably more on the side of something similar to Zeus/3Den or even something like a more robust and Vanilla supported mission like End Game, as it just sounds like the mission they mentioned they wanted to make. I would love to have a Vanilla game mode that people actually play to offset to current Life dominating server browsers everywhere. But the Orange DLC is up for speculation according to what we've been given, taking the location of their new office out of the equation.

you choose to be "optimistic" without having some facts, i choose to be realistic based on things i know and i am sure of...surely, you can definitely choose to create your own scenario and speculate as much as you want, but i am not really sure how thatis going to help you..,

it will be something like  "Must have" Karts DLC

• Like 1

In Arma there's actually a lot of features in the general context of naval assets that would innovative, i.e. walk on decks, walking under the waterline, optimizing large ships (look at the new poly count), water - ship physics and hopefully sailing ;)  A lot of these innovations would also transfer to other areas of interests such as walking on airplanes or vehicle inside of vehicle operations.

i am pretty sure the "orange" dlc is not going to be art related...mainly because the people working there are known for being part of the programming department...and afaik, most of the art department is not in NL. i would be expecting something similar to zeus rather than any sort of content based dlc...

but yeah, most here choose to believe differently without actually looking at the larger picture...

Anybody can make a 3d ship but to make naval assets functional would require a lot of core programming so that would make sense it more on the programming side than the art side.

A whole topic about a colour, that deserves some popcorn grabbing.

I swear its just a ruse and they'll just paint all the assets black. No colours anymore they'll just paint it black.

• Like 1

Or maybe optimistic? Realistic or not, BI mentioned that it's undecided, which means that there's a chance that the community can turn "Orange" into something. I think TAC-Ops is probably more on the side of something similar to Zeus/3Den or even something like a more robust and Vanilla supported mission like End Game, as it just sounds like the mission they mentioned they wanted to make. I would love to have a Vanilla game mode that people actually play to offset to current Life dominating server browsers everywhere. But the Orange DLC is up for speculation according to what we've been given, taking the location of their new office out of the equation.

No, they have already started.

From arma3.com

'ORANGE' DLC

This year, we opened a new studio in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. With the goal of gradually building up experience, work has started on a small project, codenamed 'Orange'. While the exact direction isn't final, we're very much interested in exploring an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. It’s shaping up to be a valuable, innovative addition to the platform!

you can see the new map they are talking about in CUP Maps , would be great tho with new textures

edit: sorry this is Malden dlc

No, they have already started.

From arma3.com

I guess i mis read it. None the less, naturally, with someone unknown, i'm sure everyone here wants it to be something. I'll likely just not touch Arma for the next 6 months and wait and see.

will be interesting to see what the guys in Amsterdam do with it!

Reminds me of the time one of the BI Devs who started working at the Amsterdam officer took a photo or selfie of the Amsterdam office sign out the front but had half the photo taken up by a massive ship which was clearly put in photo on purpose haha with the quote "Cant wait for you to see what were working on" or something. To me when I saw that I instantly thought that is a classic BI hint. 

Reminds me of the time one of the BI Devs who started working at the Amsterdam officer took a photo or selfie of the Amsterdam office sign out the front but had half the photo taken up by a massive ship which was clearly put in photo on purpose haha with the quote "Cant wait for you to see what were working on" or something. To me when I saw that I instantly thought that is a classic BI hint.

Wait, let me understand the logic! They call tanks DLC - Tanks DLC, jets DLC - Jets DLC, but ships DLC they call 'Orange' DLC?
  • Like 1

Pretty sure its not related to naval as it is not "interesting and unique perspective" at all.

I would bet on logistic support - setup automated drop zones for helicopters, setup truck transport etc.

Basically transport things between two location automatically.

It's just a codename - it can be anything really , for example as the description says "unique perspective on the battlefield" , it can be a civilian pov or something like that

Wait, let me understand the logic! They call tanks DLC - Tanks DLC, jets DLC - Jets DLC, but ships DLC they call 'Orange' DLC?

Sounds plausible.

phffl.jpg

"Health care in danger"? "Unique perspective"?

:D

• Like 9

I would stick with the suggestion "interesting and unique perspective". Snowball fight? Qualifies for both.