Sign in to follow this  

Hello, I'm trying to learn the way A3 does conversations, so I took one of their missions and started looking all... well I could get a lot of it but I got lost at some point, with the BIS_fnc_missionConversations and BIS_fnc_kbTell.

Well, I know that to use BIS_fnc_missionConversations I need the missionConversations.sqf and to use BIS_fnc_kbTell I need class CfgSentences in Description.ext. but I've seen that in the mission I'm looking there is any trace of cfgSentences, I thought maybe through a .xml, but I didn't see any mentioning or any localize about this.

Another example, the function Bis_playAllConversations defined in functions.sqf, directly uses sentences without any trace of a localize or stringtable.xml...

Spoiler

Bis_playAllConversations =
{
	{
		hint format["Playing: %1",_x];

_kb = [_x,"Showcase_Helicopters"] call bis_fnc_kbTell;

sleep 0.5;

hintSilent "";

sleep 2;
	}
	forEach
	[
		"01_Intro",
		"05_In_Heli",
		"10_Enemy_vehicles_revealed",
		"15_Enemy_vehicle_destroyed",
		"20_Enemy_vehicles_destroyed",
		"25_bombardment_started_while_landing",
		"30_Mortars_destroyed",
		"35_Land_at_mike26",
		"40_Landed_at_mike26",
		"45_Squad_unloaded",
		"50_Resuppy",
		"53_Resupplied",
		"55_Go_kamino",
		"60_Mortars_destroyed_kamino",
		"65_Fly_home",
		"70_At_Home",
		"x01_Idle_Getin",
		"x05_Idle_Getin",
		"x10_Low_on_ammo",
		"x15_Enemy_vehicles_near_base_both_alive",
		"x20_Enemy_vehicles_near_base_one_alive",
		"x25_Enemy_vehicles_near_base_reported_by_hq",
		"x30_Bombardment_started_reported_by_hq",
		"x35_Mortars_detected",
		"x40_Land_at_mike26_intro",
		"x45_Land_at_mike26_after_mortars",
		"x50_Landed_at_camp_rogain"
	];
};

I thought from the start that maybe the link with a maybe existing sentence in stringtable.xml (he he, I already have this but maybe misspelled something) is the "Showcase_Helicopter" string, because in BIS_fnc_kbTell, the second argument is:

"_this select 1 (Optional): STRING - container name (default: current mission ID)"

So, if this is the link with a container in a stringtable.xml how I can do the same thing? 

Here is my try: (for now it's almost a copy just for learning from the original)

missionConversations.sqf:

#define BASE          Elca_AirBase
#define PILOT         Elca_player

case "INTRO":
{
    sleep 1;
    ["01_Intro","CTRG_Pilot",nil,"side"] call bis_fnc_kbTell;
};

my stringtable container:

Spoiler

<Container name="01_Intro" audioFilePath="\Audio\ctrg_pilot" dialogName="01_Intro" dubbingLanguage="english" namePrefix="ctrg_pilot_01_Intro" note="" participants="PA O HQ;PA O Player;" situation="mission start; 1st radio conversation on the airfield.">
	<Key ID="str_elca_ctrg_pilot_01_intro_base_0">
		<Original>Firefly-2, deploy Alpha 2-1 at our defense line in Beffort, we are moving the civilians to our improvised camp, bring as many as you can, maintain altitude below 50 meters, over.</Original>
		<English>Firefly-2, deploy Alpha 2-1 at our defense line in Beffort, we are moving the civilians to our improvised camp, bring as many as you can, maintain altitude below 50 meters, over.</English>
		<Spanish>Firefly-2, despliega Alfa 2-1 a nuestra línea de defensa en Beffort, estamos moviendo los civiles a nuestro campo improvisado, lleva a tantos como puedas, mantenga altitud inferior a 50 metros, cambio.</Spanish>
		<French></French>
	</Key>
	<Key ID="str_elca_ctrg_pilot_01_intro_pilot_0">
        <Original>Roger that, we're leaving here.</Original>
        <French>Reçú, en part d'ici.</French>
        <Spanish>Recibido, now vamos de aqui.</Spanish>
        <English>Roger that, we're leaving here.</English>
	</Key>
</Container>

And in some other place, "["INTRO"] spawn BIS_fnc_missionConversations;" but it gives me error: Class "CTRG_Pilot" not found in Cfgsentences.

Don't mind about the texts nor the translations, it's not yet finished and it's only for testing :D