allnamesaretakendammit

MP scripting – BLUFOR wins, but OPFOR loses triggers

Hello all,

I am working on a multiplayer scenario I've called "Hide and Seek":

Opfor has to find and kill the Blufor units within x minutes, while Blufor has to stay alive until then to win.

If Opfor manages to kill Blufor, it's a win for them but a loss for Blufor. If Blufor manages to stay alive throughout the countdown, Blufor wins and Opfor loses.

To avoid stalemates and extreme "camping" on Blufor's end, I've added a little side quest where Blufor shall be able to trigger a "mission complete" ending by blowing up a specific Opfor vehicle. This dhall, of course, trigger a "mission failed" for Opfor as well.

I struggle to find a way to script/trigger this, as I can only achieve one mission ending at a time. Can anyone with more experience please help me script this properly?

Thank you!

<blufor killed> && alive redVehicle >> opfor win blufor lose

<timeOut for red> or !alive redVehicle >> opfor lose, blufor win.

So far I've made two triggers, one for the OPFOR win and one for the OPFOR loss.

It looks like this:

!alive lonewolf && alive vehicle1

["opwinblulose",true] call BIS_fnc_endMission

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

<timeOut for red>  or !alive vehicle1

Now, this part is where it gets confusing. How exactly should I set this trigger up? All the inputs I have tried with the timeOut function returns nothing or gives me errors.

This is my first MP mission by the way, and I rarely play MP to be honest. With the setup you provided, it would appear that once BLUFOR  meets a win condition, OPFOR automatically meets the loss condition and vice versa, or am I way off here? 

You can place both "ends" on a same trigger, like opfor lose, blufor win. So ,the first trigger which meets its own condition will fire and mission ends regardless of the status of the second one. You can fire triggers on server only (not a problem) then call BIS_fnc_endMissionServer , and even customize the cfgDebriefing in the description.ext.

The timeout for reds, can be initialized at start of the mission, in initServer.sqf, or on a trigger activation. Create a global variable on your server (initserver or in a "server only" trigger). Say myTimer = diag_tickTime;

If you want a 20 min slot, just write in the cond field of your end mission trigger: (diag_tickTime > myTimer + 1200) && !alive vehicle1