Jump to content
Derek Thompson

BIS Aircraft Carrier

Recommended Posts

Omfg, I'm crying tears of joy! Thank you BI and BO1, Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure the carrier is made by BO1 though and not by BIS ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mitrail said:

While we're at it, does anyone know what is the purpose of these long sticks on front-left and front-right of carriers?

 

Fishin' mate :scratchchin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Foxone said:

Pretty sure the carrier is made by BO1 though and not by BIS ;)

Pretty sure it is a join effort. Started out as a mod, but then ended up getting the official BI touch up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Pretty sure it is a join effort. Started out as a mod, but then ended up getting the official BI touch up.

Yeah probably (most work still done by BO1 then, but yeah i get your point :D )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

 

Fishin' mate :scratchchin:

Fishin for them radio waves.

Omfg, I'm crying tears of joy! Thank you BI and BO1, Thank you!

You're welcome.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

see all the great things that can happen when BI joins with modders!? very nice. now let's get some vanilla warships

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mynock said:

Probably going to be humans only. Don't see BI investing time in making such a large static object navigate-able for AI sadly.

Hopefully AI can walk around it enough to at least follow me into a chopper/plane if we're all on the main level. Otherwise I don't really see me using it but yeah, just saw the video and the thing is beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hopefully AI can walk around it enough to at least follow me into a chopper/plane if we're all on the main level. Otherwise I don't really see me using it but yeah, just saw the video and the thing is beautiful.

 

AI seemed to be doing okay in the video......so there's hope!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

 

AI seemed to be doing okay in the video......so there's hope!

Looked like static animations to me but hope is good so let's go with hope then. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to get the DLC regardless, but the carrier made me dig out the Credit Card today!

 

And yes, I know the carrier is free but BI are again doing such a great job, I have an urge to throw my money at them. :)

 

Not a fixed wing kinda gamer but looking forward to the DLC!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm with it having AA capability, wander if it can be sunk, or even takes damage(being a static)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it happened! In 2013, I dreamed about this, and now we will get an aircraft carrier!

 

I was upset only one detail. In the description of this beautiful addition, he said that it is motionless. Maybe in the future it will be possible to move, but now I just hope that this carrier can be destructible, since if it's not destructible, I get a double blow on my balls :exclamation:

 

As it seems to me, this carrier should be flooded, and must have visual damage effects (smoke, explosions, sounds) If it gets a huge amount of enemy missiles and if the bridge can be destroyed separately, then it will be Christmas for any player!

@BIS please make this carrier destructable!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the carrier is static. But, will it have some interior, usable space, including storing aircraft + working lifts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r8gato If you look at the windows on the island, it looks like there might be some sort of interior. Or it is just an open space with no way to get up there because it looks better than having a window texture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

- Gets free aircraft carrier from BIS

- expresses disappointment. "where is interior wtf" "not drivable wtf" "only 1 ship, carriers dont operate solo wtf" "where is lifts wtf"  "should be sinkable wtf"  "needs damage modeling wtf"

 

7CPOCga.jpg

arma players ...

 

 

im totally excited for the carrier. thanks B01 and BI :D

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! OH MY GOSH!

 

Now the big question. Is it a static object or an actual moving vehicle? Is the carrier destructible and if so, can the Sea Sparrows and CIWS shoot down incoming missiles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

YES! OH MY GOSH!

 

Now the big question. Is it a static object or an actual moving vehicle? Is the carrier destructible and if so, can the Sea Sparrows and CIWS shoot down incoming missiles?

Static, shown in the video desciption and on the website

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Foxone said:

Static

Dank je wel.

14 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

 

 

- Gets free aircraft carrier from BIS

- expresses disappointment. "where is interior wtf" "not drivable wtf" "only 1 ship, carriers dont operate solo wtf" "where is lifts wtf"  "should be sinkable wtf"  "needs damage modeling wtf"


arma players ...

LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea im embarrassed to be a part of the arma community today, after reading the feedback on the carrier reveal. half the feedback is good, the other half is "nice, but does it have ...? cuz if it doesnt that sucks and im now disappointed"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are way too hung up on movable/destroyable ships, which would actually add little to core ArmA gameplay. It would be nice, but the primary value of the ships is being able to use them as bases, for which those features are superfluous. If we had an OPFOR carrier, then maybe, otherwise it seems kind of pointless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

 

 

- Gets free aircraft carrier from BIS

- expresses disappointment. "where is interior wtf" "not drivable wtf" "only 1 ship, carriers dont operate solo wtf" "where is lifts wtf"  "should be sinkable wtf"  "needs damage modeling wtf"

 

7CPOCga.jpg

arma players ...

 

 

im totally excited for the carrier. thanks B01 and BI :D


Ah can't blame em too much, its easy to get excited and that excitement lead to more wants and desires.   "OH its this! Oh can it do this?! Oh what about this?!" 
The important thing is to not let the dismay of those things maybe or maybe not being included get to you. (The people the content was made for I mean.)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nodunit said:


Ah can't blame em too much, its easy to get excited and that excitement lead to more wants and desires.   "OH its this! Oh can it do this?! Oh what about this?!" 
The important thing is to not let the dismay of those things maybe or maybe not being included get to you.

 

We're all happy and excited about this despite how some of us may sound.  This is a big thing for ArmA......literally!  Great job everyone!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×