Derek Thompson

BIS Aircraft Carrier

11 minutes ago, mankyle said:

Yes. Bit only two rooms that serve no purpose.

The bridge has also space and glass but there is no detail inside and it is unreachable.

There is no hangar either.

8 minutes ago, Ben@Arms said:

Yes, mankyle was faster than me :D

Here you go:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=910238572

Its enough for a tiny bit of crates or something you need.

No elevator, no storage.

Ai can walk and drive on it. Even land on it.

Its a pretty decent addition to the game.

Cheers Guys

• Like 1

Just now, tuskin38 said:

It appears all planes (even modded ones) can use the catapults, not just those with launch bars. Someone on another forum i visit said they launched a C-130 lmao

Since I you posted anew and that means I don't have to double post, you can also take control of the turrets via UAV operators.

• Like 2

Just now, nodunit said:

you can also take control of the turrets via UAV operators.

Ah cool, thanks.

Just now, tuskin38 said:

It appears all planes (even modded ones) can use the catapults, not just those with launch bars. Someone on another forum i visit said they launched a C-130 lmao

thats alll? 

• Like 2

Just now, veles-zv said:

thats alll? 

As far as I can tell, only planes, haha.

8 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Wow I feel dumb...where is said Carrier??

it's under objects mate. Just do a filtered search under "jets dlc" filter

• Like 1

Would it be possible to get retex for static static weapons from USS Freedom?

They look really odd when placed anywhere else than on the carrier, or attached to HEMTT trucks :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nodunit said:

Could you please explain how this occured?  I just ran around with the ship and the doors blocked me inside and out when closed and pushed me away when opened.

This was an issue in my first session, but a few hours later when i tried i didn't have this issue. Mabye the game was just bugged for me. Not sure.

Very happy with the carrier, even tho them catapult issues are annoying.

4 minutes ago, Derek Thompson said:

This was an issue in my first session, but a few hours later when i tried i didn't have this issue. Mabye the game was just bugged for me. Not sure.

Very happy with the carrier, even tho them catapult issues are annoying.

It happened to me once, I think it might be random.

1 minute ago, tuskin38 said:

It happened to me once, I think it might be random.

I dont have the issue where it shoots you on the side of the carrier, all catapults work as fine, but i cant detach from the one i lanched from, and the blast deflector stays up.

• Like 1

Nice work on the carrier and the jets B01. Plan on highlighting this on this weeks episode of ARMAnet.  Thanks !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nodunit said:

Since I you posted anew and that means I don't have to double post, you can also take control of the turrets via UAV operators.

Is it intended that the turrets are labeled as DLC content, though? It was stated that the carrier is a "free addition" to ArmA3, which I had taken to mean that its features will be available without the DLC.

Also, I really hope that the carrier will get a hangar and working elevators someday. Elevators, especially, currently tend to behave oddly, so if that was fixed for Freedom, modders (and BIS, as well) could also use them, for example, to make working elevators in tall buildings. 

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Wow I feel dumb...where is said Carrier??

Click yellow icon type in FREE in the search field

Just have tested the newly on Dev Branch released Aircraft Carrier and noticed a few BIG flaws I'll be listing here:

- There is no "Hangar" inside the Ship, and the Big Elevators for the Aircrafts are not functional at all (I'd think if the guys that made the Nimiz Mod could make that work Bohemia Should be able to do it too). A big problem (specially with these "missing" features in my oppinion is that if the Creator of the Nimiz Mod wille be continue woking on his mod the USS Freedom will become relative obsolete.

- The interior life of the bridge is very sporadic, since only the entrance is accessible (also functional PIP displays for the Weapons systems ect. would be nice too, as well as a working onboard radar).

- The starting on the launch catapults is not correctly aligned with the optical launch catapults.

- Furthermore, it happened to me a few times that I have fallen off the flight deck after successful landing (Normally one is then again full gas, so you do not fall into the water just in case you have not caught the brake cables).

Other wishes for the Jets DLC:
- A towing tractor to move the planes around the carrier (might be includet in Orange DLC as we were told that vehicles are added with Orange DLC) would be nice. Another important "feature" would be better turning on the nose wheel of the Carrier based aircrafts (Black Wasp, Sentinal).
- working rearm, repair, and refuel points aboard the carrier.

Despite my change / improvement ideas I know that the aircraft carrier is not yet finished.

All in all I think Bohemia and B01 did a great job with the Carrier, the Jets and the Platform update.

39 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Is it intended that the turrets are labeled as DLC content, though? It was stated that the carrier is a "free addition" to ArmA3, which I had taken to mean that its features will be available without the DLC.

Also, I really hope that the carrier will get a hangar and working elevators someday. Elevators, especially, currently tend to behave oddly, so if that was fixed for Freedom, modders (and BIS, as well) could also use them, for example, to make working elevators in tall buildings. 

Both the carrier and weapon systems are free content.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nodunit said:

Weapon systems seem to be DLC ownership-restricted, one cannot control them with terminal without ownership.

4 minutes ago, nodunit said:

In that case I hope that this issue will get resolved soon, then. There's a trick for connecting to non-owned UAVs, but it'd be easier to test the carrier's weapons if it wasn't needed.

1 minute ago, dragon01 said:

In that case I hope that this issue will get resolved soon, then. There's a trick for connecting to non-owned UAVs, but it'd be easier to test the carrier's weapons if it wasn't needed.

2 minutes ago, arkhir said:

Weapon systems seem to be DLC ownership-restricted, one cannot control them with terminal without ownership.

Thank you for bringing it up.

4 hours ago, nodunit said:

There are red "DANGER" rings along the ship to indicate a turret placement however there are no rules as to what goes where, place whatever you want, whereas you want.

I think you forgot a circle here
(just basing this off photos of the Ford class online)

ZkVIiKs.png

3 hours ago, tuskin38 said:

I think you forgot a circle here
(just basing this off photos of the Ford class online)

Ah yes we ran out of paint at the dock, we've put in an order through logistics for more but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 6

Is it possible to force the AI to land on it using the landAt in the int?

8 minutes ago, nodunit said:

Ah yes we ran out of paint at the dock, we've put in an order through logistics for more but we'll have to wait and see.

People get a free carrier and they complain about missing paint!  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

*sarcasm*

• Like 2

For those interested in spawning the carrier via scripting:

I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that the catapult is just a button that makes your plane go extremely fast instantly, and that the wires just slow you down and don't stop you (When landing the pilot is supposed to be at RPM 100%), but these are easily fixable, while I'm a bit sad that there are no hangars, there's also no one on Arma who would use this many planes anyways