Derek Thompson

BIS Aircraft Carrier

Give a mouse a cookie, and he will ask for a glass of milk. This saying couldnt describe this topic more accurately. I suppose if the carrier had interiors, some would seek still the next level of fidelity. I'm for one happy what we have a deck to begin with, and that's good enough for me. Didn't even expect the defenses, or catapult. But here's the deal, want interiors? When the DLC is released, you can always mod in interiors if you want, even make it drivable and destroy the space time continuem. XP 

• Like 5

I think it's good to express wishes when it comes to game content development as it does give the developers an idea of where to go in the future, but as long as it's done in a tactful and respectful manner.  Game developers work very hard to bring us content and especially when it's free like the Freedom they deserve our appreciation.

You really don't even need a hanger anyways.  Yea, it'd be nice, but there's nothing you can do in the hanger that you can't do on the deck.  The intro scene to Tears of the Sun and Top Gun comes to mind.  A creative mission maker can also make a fake briefing room for mission briefings.

• Like 1

I think its just come as a shock to the average member, given that there are even outlines for the elevators on the carrier in the trailer. Even if the tower has a small room I'll be satisfied, I just want somewhere for infantry guys to hang out for a briefing, even if its small. 

Yea, its set up exclusively for aerial combat,  (and some infantry insertions) which is the whole point of this dlc. Truth be told, if this thing had interiors, your frame rates would probably end up on the sea floor...

Maybe after the tanks dlc we'll get a Naval Warfare dlc..  Just maybe...

To be fair I assume a lot of time has gone into ensuring physics work on this thing, so a compromise is fair. My unit plan to supplement the carrier with another vessel for the infantry component, and keep the carrier for Maverick and Goose ;)

And really, AI pathing is probably most important to me. Makes everything smoother.

Wonder why they went with Freedom for the name. Current trend is naming them after people. (Maybe to avoid political connotations?)

Should have named it USS Trump instead? :>

Well, Black Ops 2 takes place 10 years earlier and it already had a USS Barack Obama, so...

4 hours ago, lexx said:

Should have named it USS Trump instead? :>

Too many towers named that way already.

• Like 4

Not being a big jet fan or helos for that matter,I hope the Carrier has space and a wet dock inside like the CUP one does to use a landing craft  for vehicles...would be really neat to use an offshore base.

Diesel

14 minutes ago, DieselJC said:

Not being a big jet fan or helos for that matter,I hope the Carrier has space and a wet dock inside like the CUP one does to use a landing craft  for vehicles...would be really neat to use an offshore base.

Diesel

It would be nice, unfortunetly not this time. The Arma 3 Official Twitter confirmed it yesterday.

7 hours ago, Arufayama said:

Wonder why they went with Freedom for the name. Current trend is naming them after people. (Maybe to avoid political connotations?)

Well, CVN-80 is slated to be named Enterprise. The only problem with the name that I can see is that barring some kind of catastrophe, there's no way that the current USS Freedom (LCS-1) will be out of service by 2030 or so. Though maybe there was such a catastrophe, with LCS-1 being lost in action, and the carrier is named in honor of it.

2 hours ago, DieselJC said:

Diesel

Aircraft carries don't have a "well deck" for LCACs, AAVs and LCTs.  Only LHDs, LPD, and LSDs.  Damn the military is ridiculous with acronyms.

• Like 3

wonder if launching ground vehicles or any other object that isnt an aircraft is supported as is(I.e no need for script fiddling. just place down and launch away!)

im guessing that will not be the case. so script fiddling will be required aye?

2 minutes ago, heavygunner said:

Praised be Sigmar, it's on Devbranch!

well son of a gun! just when i opted out of dev-branch... guess im gonna have to go for another 1 hour 30 min download haha

27 minutes ago, HazardousJay said:

guess im gonna have to go for another 1 hour 30 min download haha

Damnm, thats rough. Takes 10 min for me to downlaod dev.

BUT THE CARRIER!

OH MY.

The model is certainly pretty. Getting a plane connected to the catapult is kind of finicky, I managed to do it once.

I also managed to land, but the blast shield didn't lower and my wing hit it.

The carrier counts as a runway, if you look at the map you can see the outlines, and it will be highlighted on your HUD when your gear is down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Thompson said:

Damnm, thats rough. Takes 10 min for me to downlaod dev.

behold our glorious philippine internet. but hey. at least its faster than before (still shite. but hey, what else can i do? haha.600/KBPs vs 100-200/KBps 7 years ago.)

So, fun fact, since the carrier counts as a runway, the auto pilot can land on it.

• Like 3

0/10, can't attachTo AR-2 Darter.

All jokes aside, awesome work BIS and B01!

• Like 2