Derek Thompson

BIS Aircraft Carrier

Omfg, I'm crying tears of joy! Thank you BI and BO1, Thank you!

• Like 1

Pretty sure the carrier is made by BO1 though and not by BIS ;)

2 minutes ago, Mitrail said:

While we're at it, does anyone know what is the purpose of these long sticks on front-left and front-right of carriers?

Fishin' mate :scratchchin:

10 minutes ago, Foxone said:

Pretty sure the carrier is made by BO1 though and not by BIS ;)

Pretty sure it is a join effort. Started out as a mod, but then ended up getting the official BI touch up.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Pretty sure it is a join effort. Started out as a mod, but then ended up getting the official BI touch up.

Yeah probably (most work still done by BO1 then, but yeah i get your point :D )

53 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

Fishin' mate :scratchchin:

Fishin for them radio waves.

Omfg, I'm crying tears of joy! Thank you BI and BO1, Thank you!

You're welcome.

• Like 5

see all the great things that can happen when BI joins with modders!? very nice. now let's get some vanilla warships

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Mynock said:

Probably going to be humans only. Don't see BI investing time in making such a large static object navigate-able for AI sadly.

Hopefully AI can walk around it enough to at least follow me into a chopper/plane if we're all on the main level. Otherwise I don't really see me using it but yeah, just saw the video and the thing is beautiful.

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hopefully AI can walk around it enough to at least follow me into a chopper/plane if we're all on the main level. Otherwise I don't really see me using it but yeah, just saw the video and the thing is beautiful.

AI seemed to be doing okay in the video......so there's hope!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

AI seemed to be doing okay in the video......so there's hope!

Looked like static animations to me but hope is good so let's go with hope then. :)

Was going to get the DLC regardless, but the carrier made me dig out the Credit Card today!

And yes, I know the carrier is free but BI are again doing such a great job, I have an urge to throw my money at them. :)

Not a fixed wing kinda gamer but looking forward to the DLC!

• Like 5

Hmm with it having AA capability, wander if it can be sunk, or even takes damage(being a static)?

Yes, it happened! In 2013, I dreamed about this, and now we will get an aircraft carrier!

I was upset only one detail. In the description of this beautiful addition, he said that it is motionless. Maybe in the future it will be possible to move, but now I just hope that this carrier can be destructible, since if it's not destructible, I get a double blow on my balls :exclamation:

As it seems to me, this carrier should be flooded, and must have visual damage effects (smoke, explosions, sounds) If it gets a huge amount of enemy missiles and if the bridge can be destroyed separately, then it will be Christmas for any player!

@BIS please make this carrier destructable!

I understand the carrier is static. But, will it have some interior, usable space, including storing aircraft + working lifts?

@r8gato If you look at the windows on the island, it looks like there might be some sort of interior. Or it is just an open space with no way to get up there because it looks better than having a window texture.

- Gets free aircraft carrier from BIS

- expresses disappointment. "where is interior wtf" "not drivable wtf" "only 1 ship, carriers dont operate solo wtf" "where is lifts wtf"  "should be sinkable wtf"  "needs damage modeling wtf"

7CPOCga.jpg

arma players ...

im totally excited for the carrier. thanks B01 and BI :D

• Like 12

YES! OH MY GOSH!

Now the big question. Is it a static object or an actual moving vehicle? Is the carrier destructible and if so, can the Sea Sparrows and CIWS shoot down incoming missiles?

6 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

YES! OH MY GOSH!

Now the big question. Is it a static object or an actual moving vehicle? Is the carrier destructible and if so, can the Sea Sparrows and CIWS shoot down incoming missiles?

Static, shown in the video desciption and on the website

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxone said:

Static

Dank je wel.

14 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

- expresses disappointment. "where is interior wtf" "not drivable wtf" "only 1 ship, carriers dont operate solo wtf" "where is lifts wtf"  "should be sinkable wtf"  "needs damage modeling wtf"

arma players ...

LOL!

• Like 1

yea im embarrassed to be a part of the arma community today, after reading the feedback on the carrier reveal. half the feedback is good, the other half is "nice, but does it have ...? cuz if it doesnt that sucks and im now disappointed"

• Like 4

People are way too hung up on movable/destroyable ships, which would actually add little to core ArmA gameplay. It would be nice, but the primary value of the ships is being able to use them as bases, for which those features are superfluous. If we had an OPFOR carrier, then maybe, otherwise it seems kind of pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

7CPOCga.jpg

arma players ...

im totally excited for the carrier. thanks B01 and BI :D

Ah can't blame em too much, its easy to get excited and that excitement lead to more wants and desires.   "OH its this! Oh can it do this?! Oh what about this?!" 
The important thing is to not let the dismay of those things maybe or maybe not being included get to you. (The people the content was made for I mean.)

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, nodunit said:

Ah can't blame em too much, its easy to get excited and that excitement lead to more wants and desires.   "OH its this! Oh can it do this?! Oh what about this?!" 
The important thing is to not let the dismay of those things maybe or maybe not being included get to you.

We're all happy and excited about this despite how some of us may sound.  This is a big thing for ArmA......literally!  Great job everyone!

• Like 5