Derek Thompson

BIS Aircraft Carrier

HOLY SHIT! I didnt  believe it or rather wasnt getting my hopes up but holy shit i think i just jizzed a little bit 

• Like 2

WOW! I was pretty convinced this was just forum bluster. What a great addition!

Maybe, just maybe this means that the object size limit is also finally lifted or at least increased. Seeing the carrier gives me a lot of hope for new features/lifted engine limitations.  

• Like 2

You WILL NOT believe this but I had a dream last night about this ship in ArmA.  I kid you not.  Unfortunately...in my dreams sailors were walking on her decks while she was moving.  I vividly remember my skepticism at seeing this ability.  But regardless, I'm still very excited to see her in game and I'm so glad BIS put the effort into making it!  Thanks BIS!

• Like 6

This looks amazing. I just hope it is polished enough with supporting features like deployment by air and sea, and also options for infiltration to attack the air craft carrier from the submersible vehicle. And I kind of wonder what ever happened to that submarine model that was in the game and never really used...

Really looking forward to it. That's going to be a great help with the Nimitz mod, as well. :) CUP LHD and other static ship mods could also benefit, I guess. This is going to be a very good time for ArmA3.

BTW, maybe they should revise the "Largest ship ever built". Add either "in ArmA" or "warship". It's big, but it's no ULCC tanker. 

Nice... I look forward to the pre mission on ship training sessions :)

• Like 4

Everyone who doubted that this wil come should now stand up so we can shame them. The signs where obvious!

On another note I'm pleased about the defensive weapons which I did not expect. Maybe  we'll see more air defense weapons for ground use. 

Great work BIS.

• Like 2

That's great. I'd like to see some non static smaller ships on a dedicated dlc later.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Derek Thompson said:

@darksidesixofficialI wonder if the Hemtt can haul around that C-RAM.

What an interesting idea...perhaps an attachto if they can be individually placed.

• Like 2

I wonder if there's any interior to it. In some parts of the video you can see through the bridge windows and it just makes me wonder...

3 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

Is the carrier DLC bound or free for anyone? Thanks!

It's free content

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikiforos said:

Is the carrier DLC bound or free for anyone? Thanks!

Yup, end of the video states "Free Addition for all Arma 3 players"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I wonder if AI pathfinding is incorporated into it? Or for humans only?

Probably going to be humans only. Don't see BI investing time in making such a large static object navigate-able for AI sadly.

While we're at it, does anyone know what is the purpose of these long sticks on front-left and front-right of carriers?