zyco187

Why are the sounds so bad ):

they have on the official site menu that they spend alot of time developing sounds for this game yet they are still bad just like a2. i just cant seem to really get into a misson when im firing a pen clicking gun. 

i dont like arma 3s cheap pen clicking gun sounds. they are totally cheap and unrealistic to me and i cant have as much fun as a i do w/ using a soundmod. but most servers dont allow the use of the various sound mods... i hope they fix this with a4

2 hours ago, zyco187 said:

i dont like arma 3s cheap pen clicking gun sounds

Thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted if you happen to dislike something else.

• Like 12

On the other hand, i like the sounds and they are, at time, realistic enough to bring about some very familiar memories. 

6 hours ago, semiconductor said:

Thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted if you happen to dislike something else.

I really dislike the military setting ... can't we all just get along ? /s

It's a legit complaint. BIS is a relatively large game developer and I've heard indie games or even mods with better sound effects than Arma.

• Like 4

i agree with OP. coming back to arma 3 after quite some time, one of the first things i noticed was how specific sounds seem underwhelming and low quality, like how rifle shots have nowhere near the intensity and power they should. Vehicle sounds as well.Then i notice the animation system and how movement and shooting feels klunky and somehow jerky. then i notice the visual pop up of close up  vegetation and the bland mid-range textures.

Then i get into the mission and forget all about that. and enjoy the incredible large scale action that only arma 3 can deliver. it is my most played game to date. and well deserving of that.

But the point that great sounds will make a huge immersion difference is relevant. and one of the things I'd really love to see, especially when i try introduce the game to friends to play. those first impressions count.

• Like 2

Not all Vanilla sounds are bad,vehicle engines are good for example and tank fire (cannon firing shell and shell hit sound) is still the best out there.

But i agree about most of the weapons.

The OP may have had a point pre-Eden, the audio overhaul that came with the Eden Update made a significant improvement to the whole soundscape. No complaints here.

Sound is very important especially for military games. Unfortunately Arma sounds are not on the same level as other parts of the game.

People are depending on mods to play the game. Remove JSRS sound mod and I would stop playing Arma. Imagine buying a Ferrari with the engine sounding like a Lada.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nikiforos said:

Imagine buying a Ferrari with the engine sounding like a Lada.

On the other hand imagine buying a Lada that is artificially rigged to sound like a Ferrari :/

• Like 3

I can't stand vanilla sounds. And I usually don't have to use them since the servers I play on allow sound mods.

That said, I don't expect that we ever get any better sounds. For example MX series firing sound has changed numerous times, and in my opinion it has still never sounded like a firearm.

Clack clack is all I hear.

I arrange me vanilla sounds. Upsets me when in release long there are problems with sounds, as on this video. Don't pay attention to the announcer's voice, it only in record has so turned out.
I am concerned by Effect of distribution of a sound of shots.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T80798

Closing - this as this thread is becoming a bitch/moan thread.

• Like 2