43 minutes ago, [hud]dorph said:

Really hope for a non ACE dependant version :)

It's planned, no ETA atm. CBA will stay as a requirement though.

• Like 2

I don't know if I'm a complete moron but, how do I install the mod? It looks pretty fun but I don't know how to install it.

• Like 1

My question is about set up a internet radio program. Do you know if or how it would be installed into mission file. Running a remote internet radio station on a computer in my home. Another dev had one posted on Github. Trying to look at them to understand.  Please let me know about the help or direction to go. Please and thank you.

Still stuck on "how" to place this into server. Installing has confused me. Where to be placed and start up. I can figure out to get working with this idea for setup with streaming files. thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, BigDad said:

Still stuck on "how" to place this into server. Installing has confused me. Where to be placed and start up. I can figure out to get working with this idea for setup with streaming files. thanks in advance.

I already answered you on youtube. This mod doesn't support any kind of streaming from anywhere.

On 8/20/2017 at 5:33 AM, rebelvg said:

It's possible to do of course, but will require a lot of changes. Skip button is possible too, just not sure how balance it in multiplayer. Allow only admin to skip tracks? Not sure.

Personally, I think it'd be fine to let anyone change the station/skip the track, would make for hilarious arguments.

hi i have question this mod can use on server side only or need install on client  both?

3 hours ago, Seed Freeman said:

It would be very cool if this mod worked with Exile!

It should work, there's nothing in the mod that could conflict with anything.

2 hours ago, -XFIRE- said:

hi i have question this mod can use on server side only or need install on client  both?

Both server and clients should have identical set of files.

• Like 1

I've done all what the video says but my radio doesn't play. I tested it on a vanilla showcase with ACE. this is my config:

Spoiler

class CfgPatches {
    class klpq_musicRadio_configs_1514566847 {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 1;
        requiredAddons[] = {};
    };
};

class CfgMusic {
    tracks[] = {};

class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+3, 1};
        tag = "klpq_musicRadio_v1";
        theme = "no_theme";
        duration = 413;
        artist = "";
        title = "";
        klpq_ignoreTrack = 0;
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+3, 1};
        tag = "klpq_musicRadio_v1";
        theme = "no_theme";
        duration = 220;
        artist = "";
        title = "";
        klpq_ignoreTrack = 0;
    };
};

class CfgSounds {
    tracks[] = {};

class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+6, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c_vol0 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+0, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c_vol1 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+3, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c_vol2 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+6, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c_loud_vol0 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+0, 1, 500};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c_loud_vol1 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+6, 1, 500};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_cefcb2f3cc85c970b0e76178019d1c3c_loud_vol2 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\ParadiseCity_GunsRoses.ogg", db+12, 1, 500};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+6, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863_vol0 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+0, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863_vol1 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+3, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863_vol2 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+6, 1, 100};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863_loud_vol0 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+0, 1, 500};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863_loud_vol1 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+6, 1, 500};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class klpq_musicRadio_fcea88787eed6de7da566d3f12cde863_loud_vol2 {
        sound[] = {"NegroFM\WeAreNotGonnaTakeIt_TwisterSister.ogg", db+12, 1, 500};
        titles[] = {};
    };
};

I converted the .ogg using the following online tool: https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-ogg
And I packed 2 PBOs into addons with Addon Builder.

This is my file structure:

098657d01a.png

Everything seems fine to me. Any help? I really would like to try this mod, because it looks so cool :)

38 minutes ago, Col. Hoffy said:

Could this be applied to say a radio object sitting on a table? or is it strictly vehicle based.

Watch first video and Github for functions

I'm  having issues as well, I followed the video yet when im in game an turn on the radio the music doesn't play (but the title and artist shows)

Edit NVM figured it out!

@blackyesp The config is not correct. Select the folder one level above that one. That also gave me an idea on how to improve the tool a bit so you can't select the folder with an incorrect structure.

@Seed Freeman That is correct.

this mod work well on Vanilla A3 But i am testing on exile Server not work. and need push  select  next song will be good :)

I like this mod alot, but can't seem to get it to work on servers, is this mod only working if the server has the mod on it for it to run? cause i can only get it to work in SP and not a random server I find.

Hi, first off congratulations on the mod, it's great!

I've encountered one issue, when I use ace the tracks play perfectly one after another. If I don't use ace I have to turn the radio and/or speaker off/on again to get the next track to play, any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Also is there a way to increase the overall volume and/or distance the audio can be heard from? I ran the audio files through mp3gain before I converted to ogg, and I have the volume slider up full in the mod options in game, the audio seems to drop off quite quickly to me as i move away from the source.

Thanks for your time, and a really cool/fun mod :)

EDIT:

Found the issue is unrelated to using ace. It happens with or without ace on a dedicated server, works correctly locally either way.

Edited by PoundlandBacon

Hey, just installed this on our units dedicated server and everything works fine for the vehicles. Sometimes have to turn it of and on a bit at the beginning until it's on full volume, but that's alright. The bigger issue I'm having is when I add the radio to an object or a backpack and turn it on, the ACE interaction disappears after a while. At first I thought it had to do with other clients connecting so I switched the init to :

if isServer then {[this, false] call klpq_musicRadio_fnc_addRadio;};

but the problem persists. I turn it on, move a bit away, move back and the ACE action is gone. The only way to turn it off is to delete the object and the music stops playing when the current song ends, I think. I hope this can be fixed.

Oh and is there a command to stop all running radios immediatly? Would be nice to have that available for admins.

Other than that, great mod, setup was easy and well explained. I filled it with some 40's music for our WW2 unit and the guys are loving it!

EDIT: Ok, I have to correct myself. I turn a radio on an object on, and the ACE interaction disappears immediatly. This is on dedicated only tho! Switched it back to:

[object, false] call klpq_musicRadio_fnc_addRadio;

and also tried remoteExecCall but I could not get it to work so far ...

Edited by jmbo

I tried a few more things. When I add it with the radio already running, I don't get any action at all, so it looks like something with the turn off action is wrong for dedicated. Everything works fine when I host it in Multiplayer from the editor.

But when I log onto the dedicated server, select any object as Zeus and add this to it using MCC's init box:

[_this, false] call klpq_musicRadio_fnc_addRadio;

it works completly fine. Only when I add the call within the editor it does not seem to work on dedicated. Am I doing something wrong here or is this a problem within the mod?