Ok, thanks for the info. I have updated our hosted archive.
We include it otherwise people have no clue where to get it from and/or where to find the latest version.

1 hour ago, foxhound said:

Ok, thanks for the info. I have updated our hosted archive.
We include it otherwise people have no clue where to get it from and/or where to find the latest version.

Makes sense, I'm gonna include both next time even if one of them didn't change.

New update.

https://github.com/rebelvg/klpq_musicRadio/releases/tag/1.0.2

Added CBA settings for volume control, they take effect only when the next song starts playing.

Playback can be disabled completely. These are your personal settings for your client, they can be edited as long as mission maker or server don't force them.

Also you can make use of backpack loudspeaker option now in SP and MP (only if enabled by mission maker).

For mission makers, export function was added, check readme.

For admins, for this new version, you'll have to generate a new config with the tool included in this release.

The new tool uses md5 as a base for the classname and it configures sounds to support the new volume control system.

Known issue: right now ace hearing module will overwrite "radio volume" turning it to maximum every few seconds.

Right now solution can be removing ace hearing pbo or adding

ace_hearing_disableVolumeUpdate = true;

into your mission.

Also, music volume slider in the arma game settings will still work fine.

EqW9rtq.jpg

Would this also be the right place to put links for edited files that people can download? I'll list genres, songs and artists that I use as well

8 hours ago, Papa Fredo said:

Would this also be the right place to put links for edited files that people can download? I'll list genres, songs and artists that I use as well

I don't think so, it will be a copyright violation and I'm pretty sure it's not allowed on this forum.

30 minutes ago, rebelvg said:

I don't think so, it will be a copyright violation and I'm pretty sure it's not allowed on this forum.

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

New version. Both mod and tool were updated.

https://github.com/rebelvg/klpq_musicRadio/releases/tag/1.0.6

Added mission support. Mission makers can add music and configs generated with the tool to the description.ext

Ignore system for music tracks. When generating configs in the tool, you can now select which themes will be ignored when there are no themes selected. So you can basically add some music that will not be mixed into the general queue when all themes are used (this is kinda WIP, still not sure how to make this less convoluted for configuration).

And other small stuff.

New version. Both mod and tool were updated.

https://github.com/rebelvg/klpq_musicRadio/releases/tag/1.0.7

Completely revamped tag creation and tiles display.

Tool now converts special symbols into html entries which are properly displayed by the game and that should help with ensuring that no bad symbols break the config. That also allows to not filter other languages and have tiles display tags in all languages that arma fonts support. Just as a fallback, tool now has option to not generate any tags, in case you've stumbled on some song that has problematic symbols in tags.

Tiles displaying had some fixes.

In short, text shouldn't get cut out anymore (display area was enlarged), longer names use smaller font size and other small fixes.

Also, tiles are now shown when you are in proximity of a loudspeaker that started playing a new song, can be disabled by an option.

Also, export function now outputs all tags and info if track is ignored by general queue (known issue, export can't copy some non-english text properly to clipboard, can loose encoding).

Long text in tiles example.

VCsXyyi.jpg

Non-english language support example.

15EbR5q.jpg

ayTwuE3.jpg

• Like 3

i can't create a config it says i have a unhandled exception and i can either quit or continue but continuing  does nothing it will never finish creating a config

it says it could not determine container type

edit:

did some messing around and it doesn't like some songs if i remove them it can create a config

Edited by Private_Pyle
more information

2 hours ago, Private_Pyle said:

i can't create a config it says i have a unhandled exception and i can either quit or continue but continuing  does nothing it will never finish creating a config

it says it could not determine container type

edit:

did some messing around and it doesn't like some songs if i remove them it can create a config

If you can, send me private message with the link to the problematic file, I can take a look.

38 minutes ago, rebelvg said:

If you can, send me private message with the link to the problematic file, I can take a look.

don't think its a problem with your tool think it was that some songs may have got corrupted while converting them

On 7/6/2017 at 7:43 PM, Private_Pyle said:

don't think its a problem with your tool think it was that some songs may have got corrupted while converting them

Can confirm, happened to me as well. Turns out a file didn't get converted, and had a filesize of 0kb.

Do you know why this doesn't appear to work with Exile?

This is a really cool mod. Do all all clients have to install it? Clients+Server? Or is there a way for the server to only have it? It would be a boon if people did not have to download and add this to their already bloated mod packs you know?

Any plans to make the "themes" switchable in game like as radio stations? Or maybe a skip button? :)

Hey rebel, nice mod, theres really not much in the way of media intergration in arma ie,videos/music, i seen project life have youtube streaming working and someone was working on an internet radio streaming mod (nradio), i have some decent knowledge of scripting within arma, but lack knowledge when it cones to dll files etc. I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on makeing this or a seperate mod streamable or would even have the knowledge to do so?. The only draw back of this kind of thing is the file storage of media files, so streaming would eliminate this (ie put a stream link into a script internet radio or soundcloud etc or maybe several for diff stations like nradio tried)....i dont know maybe im asking to much here, but just wondering if you had any simalar thoughts?

On 7/13/2017 at 10:53 AM, Berntsen said:

Do you know why this doesn't appear to work with Exile?

I guess I can try installing this exile and see what happens.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:39 PM, 42nfl19 said:

This is a really cool mod. Do all all clients have to install it? Clients+Server? Or is there a way for the server to only have it? It would be a boon if people did not have to download and add this to their already bloated mod packs you know?

No way atm. Read answer bellow.

On 8/15/2017 at 2:58 AM, NikoWZRD said:

Any plans to make the "themes" switchable in game like as radio stations? Or maybe a skip button? :)

It's possible to do of course, but will require a lot of changes. Skip button is possible too, just not sure how balance it in multiplayer. Allow only admin to skip tracks? Not sure.

On 8/19/2017 at 1:56 PM, Mr.jizz said:

Hey rebel, nice mod, theres really not much in the way of media intergration in arma ie,videos/music, i seen project life have youtube streaming working and someone was working on an internet radio streaming mod (nradio), i have some decent knowledge of scripting within arma, but lack knowledge when it cones to dll files etc. I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on makeing this or a seperate mod streamable or would even have the knowledge to do so?. The only draw back of this kind of thing is the file storage of media files, so streaming would eliminate this (ie put a stream link into a script internet radio or soundcloud etc or maybe several for diff stations like nradio tried)....i dont know maybe im asking to much here, but just wondering if you had any simalar thoughts?

That is sorta possible to do in arma. Yes, you'll need to make a special arma extension for that (.dll). I had a few ideas of what I can do with that, mainly I wanted to combat some of the arma's playback issues with say3d command (one of the obvious one is that you can't start 3d positioned sound from a certain second). Using the same dll it'll probably would be possible to fetch music files from some server that hosts these files. So in short, yes, it's possible. I'm just kinda busy lately so can't promise anything. Maybe some time in the future.

• Like 1

Yah, alot of that i knew off, esp looking at the (nradio) mod files, unfortunitly i dont have the knowledge outside of say 'sqf' files/scripting, maybe/if you were to ever take this on you could check out the nradio files, i know they were able to live stream/format straight from an mp3 live stream, ie bbc radio live stream link (as far as i understand they can encode straight from any mp3 stream link , ie soundcloud, internet radio links), personally i was trying to get nradio to broadcast a radio channel through one loudspeaker takeing alot of the realtime play back stuff issue away, but i just didnt understand the hole dll file thing....in the bigger picture i thought it would be cool as say life servers could host their own live radio stations and if you intergrated your mod, theyed be able to listen threw car stereo..also being from a music background they could host songs written by unkown artists from their servers etc (imagine a band getting known through a life server haha), it would be a whole new angle on the life mod experience, well its cool you share some off the same thoughts, im just bumbed i dont have enough knowledge to work with dll files, i could probably help with the sqf side off things, but thats it, as far as i know nradio used encoders etc also. Ill definitly be following this thread anyway!

Just another note, i have a general understanding of the issues of syncing music multiplayer, but if you ever got nradio side of things working (mp3 live stream), technically you only need to play that say "station" locally (the player) as it will be grabbing a live stream, so one player will pretty much hear exactly what the next player will be hearing (maybe a slight desync with buffering?) but nothing making it unusable, would technically take some load off the server?

6 hours ago, Mr.jizz said:

Just another note, i have a general understanding of the issues of syncing music multiplayer, but if you ever got nradio side of things working (mp3 live stream), technically you only need to play that say "station" locally (the player) as it will be grabbing a live stream, so one player will pretty much hear exactly what the next player will be hearing (maybe a slight desync with buffering?) but nothing making it unusable, would technically take some load off the server?

If I understood your question correctly, the answer is yes, it's probably doable using nradio. You can even create your own internet radio station with software like icecast or etc.

• Like 1