Sign in to follow this  
drdetroit

How to equip AI with Virtual Armory?

So I've been playing a lot of DUWS-R and Dynamic Combat/Recom Ops (SP) and those use the Virtual Armory. For the life of me I can't figure out how to equip my AI with the same/similar gear that I'm using. Is it possible? If so how?

I've got my gear setup for SoCom/Special Forces, but my squad is wearing the typical USMC/Army combat gear. I want them in the same uniform and using the gear/weapons I select for them if possible.

Thanks in advance!
DrDetroit

I would try the following

{_x setUnitLoadout getUnitLoadout player} forEach units player select {!isPlayer _x};

2 hours ago, Nikander said:

I would try the following

{_x setUnitLoadout getUnitLoadout player} forEach units player select {!isPlayer _x};

Seems right to me!

Thanks guys, but I'm surprised there is no way to equip my AI squad while inside the mission standing at the VA.  I've been able to equip my men in-game at a standard arsenal (such as the arsenal at the main FOB in the Hunter Six scenario) by having each soldier stand next the the arsenal, selecting the soldier again, then pressing "6" and then "inventory".  That opens up the AI's entire inventory as well as the arsenal inventory, from there I just move items in/out of the soldiers inventory.  No way to do this with the VA?

Also, sorry for the newbie question. I've got 500hr+ into Arma3 (SP), but never had the need/desire to change the uniform, helmet, type of backpacks, ect, of my AI unit until now.

Thanks again!

It should be possible to order AI to open up VA if desired AI is near enough to VA object (F2-X >> 6 >> Arsenal action, not inventory). AI may need to be on the right side of VA object. Sometimes the action wont show up if AI is behind the object or so. Granted ammo crates are usually looking same from both sides but they still have front, rear and sides.

• Like 1