disco.modder

[WIP] Project Uncut - Australian Defence Force

Project_Uncut.png

WHAT IS PROJECT UNCUT?

Project Uncut will be an ADF mod aiming to replicate modern weapons, equipment, vehicles and uniforms of the Australian Army, Navy and Air Force. It is a continuation of the ADF: Uncut mod.

We have received the source files from ADF: Uncut mod which we will fix, improve and enhance also adding additional assets not previously available in the mod. We have also joined forces with Monty's AAM mod.

Below is a list of what we wish to deliver:

WEAPONS

Browning Hi Power Pistol

USP Pistol

F88 Austeyr

F89 Minimi

Mk48 Maximi

MAG58/GPMG

SR25 DMR

HK417 DMR

SR98 Sniper Rifle

AW50F Sniper Rifle

M4A5 carbine

MP5 SMG

L118/L119 Howitzer

FGM-148 Javelin
M72 Law
Carl Gustaf M3

SOLDIERS/AIRMEN/SEAMEN/SUPPORT CREW/SF in

DPCU

DPDU

DPNU

AMCU

AMP

GPU

VEHICLES

ASLAV

M1A5 Abrams

M113AS3/4

Landrovers

LRPV/LRRV

Bushmaster

Hawkei

HMT Extenda (Jackal & Coyote)

G-Wagon

Unimog

Mack Truck

ROTARY

Bell 206 Kiowa

S-70 Blackhawk

UH-1 Huey

CH-47 Chinook

Eurocopter Tiger ARH

MRH-90

AS-350 Squirrel

A109

Sea King

MH-60R Seahawk

PLANE

FA-18F

FA-18A/B

C-130H and J

C-17

BOATS/SHIPS

RHIB

LCU

Anzac class Frigate

Adelaide class Frigate

Canberra class LHD

We are in close cooperation with Project Kiwiana for the end goal of creating the ultimate ANZAC mod featuring assets from both nations.

Progress Update

update 25/5

Spoiler

Infantry in AMCU featuring the EF88, Maximi and HK417:

CD3F7E039A66267D912CE7BD219DE9975D6EE838

BFB754450B22069C83FA0B61DB37884991F7A013

B20D9F58257375C5AE64CCFCEEEDAEE3CF6EA365CFA8F7373D82878542CEDE42930168A5CAA20C26

09CC6C827B7C9A0AB709169CFC58F0F41AB00150

Special Forces in AMP. For now we have equipped them with vanilla SPAR16s until our M4A5 is completed.

BCD2DDCEC29C122C5D6EE07381D9EB27E3AFCDE3

update 7/5

Spoiler

C86DE0CC85114E16C529285D46CAC0632B8F47B9
F9FB5616A5E7A5FBE71E69FDAEDD6A5C59BA8680

270CF2EEE0B515DB4EA64A8A784D71DC764E1137

16BAD07D0E1755B6A4DC88296E0DBC3DA8AA3212

DeqdeBe.jpg

update 10/5

Spoiler

38DD89B3B1134A489B1AF64F3CD1058E3C63B488

06D3FC23B783E936A38E68F073117A5BCB08854A

Credits of the new Uncut Team

Spoiler

Project Uncut Dev Team

LJFox - Texture Artist, 3D Modeller

Tonnie - Texture Artist, 3D Modeller

Monty - Configs, Texture Artist, 3D Modeller

Raid - Configs, Texture Artist, 3D Modeller

aTacticalError - 3D Modeller

Willithappen/Davis - Configs

modder/Disco - Configs

Omega/Sifex - Web developer

CONTRIBUTORS

A Huge Thank You to the guys behind Military Gear Pack mod for donating infantry gear assets:

Adacas

Mery G

Sabre, Aardvark

Zeealex

Roadrunner

Warden_1

PetraCephas - sharing knowledge and assets from his Armscor mod

Friends of Uncut

Azza276 - help with infantry ORBAT

Jarrad96 - feedback & photographer

Credits of the original Uncut Team

Spoiler

A Massive Thank You To The Following

This mod would not be possible without the hardwork of the following talented individuals/groups:

Raid - Modelling, Configs and General ADFU Development
MrNemesis - Admin and Website
Howells - Modelling, Textures
L30 - Modelling
Chain - Modelling, Configs
TheAussieButcher - Textures, Research, Moral Support
CatatonicChimp - Git Repository
BlazenChamber - Sound, Recruitment, Model adjustments
P1nGa (pastor399) - Configs, Oxygen, Textures, Modelling
Stabs - Textures
Tonnie - Models
Special Thanks:
C130J Hercules - USAF Team & Lala14
CH-47F & Blackhawk HUD - geraldbolso1899
3D Models - Zach Gibson, Jack Nelson (M4)
FHQ - Alwarren
R3F Armes - For Inspirations
Slatts - For Being A Top Guy
Robalo - For past usage of Joint Rails
Binkowski - General Q&A
Bohemia Interactive
Day0 Community

CONTACT US ON

Discord

Private Message modder here

• Like 23

Thank you for taking over the mod and good luck from all of Day0.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raid said:

Thank you for taking over the mod and good luck from all of Day0.

Thank you to the team for allowing us the privilege! We will endeavor to work on this mod to the best of our abilities. 

Please don't ask for release dates, even via PM. This mod is in the WIP section for a reason. 

• Like 1

This looks like it will be great :)

You guys should see if you can get comms with 3CB, they might be able to help you out with alot of the commonwealth common stuff!

Maybe you could ask Roadrunner for is SOTG stuff?

Guys have you considered doing what Project Opfor do? and basically make this mod an expansion to RHS. You could make this mods a dependancy on RHS US Armed Forces and use their M4s, Javelins, HK417 and reskin a bunch of their assets to suit your mod. It would save a metric tonne of time, keeps existing player bases mod packs from getting even larger by doubling or trippling up on weapons they already have in the arsenals and ensure the weapons carried by the ADF units are the highest of quality. I can already see a significant amount of items in that list there that are already present in RHS US Armed Forces you could use right off the bat.

I would also be so bold enough to say the vast majority of military units out there already have RHS in their mod packs so there shouldn't be any complaints about making it a dependency. also it would easily halve the size of your mod.

• Like 4

That was the general idea, yes. 

We'll be using some RHS content and depending how it goes either slowly phase it out for our own equipment or just continue to use it, ala Project OPFOR. 

We've had a pretty massive positive response so far. 

• Like 4

This is incredible!
A while back, my unit and I attempted to make a little Australian Defence Force faction, by mashing together a bunch of mods.
It was great, but the requirement list was a bit extensive.
Really looking forward to seeing a gorgeous all-in-one bundle!!
There's some great ADF kit already out there, like the incredible Bushmasters.

It might also be worth contacting AAF, as I do recall they have some in-house ADF mods that they use on their private server.
Last I saw, they were working on their own F90.

Can't wait to see how development goes :)

Reskinned M1A1 Abrams in Auscam!! 

Why is there no eggplant emoji! 

• Like 1

I have been contacted by a few people who are willing to contribute and help with the development, so as a result they are now part of the dev team. 

There is a lot of activity happening behind the scenes to finish up a small preview release soon.

Rest assured that eventually we will have many if not all assets used by both the Australians and New Zealanders since late 90's to now. For example with the Australians we are looking to include DPCU infantry portraying the Timor deployment.

Stay tuned everyone and have a good long weekend!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rekkless said:

Guys have you considered doing what Project Opfor do? and basically make this mod an expansion to RHS. You could make this mods a dependancy on RHS US Armed Forces and use their M4s, Javelins, HK417 and reskin a bunch of their assets to suit your mod. It would save a metric tonne of time, keeps existing player bases mod packs from getting even larger by doubling or trippling up on weapons they already have in the arsenals and ensure the weapons carried by the ADF units are the highest of quality. I can already see a significant amount of items in that list there that are already present in RHS US Armed Forces you could use right off the bat.

I would also be so bold enough to say the vast majority of military units out there already have RHS in their mod packs so there shouldn't be any complaints about making it a dependency. also it would easily halve the size of your mod.

I can certainly appreciate your idea, but please remember not everyone uses RHS. A lot of communities actually use other mods, by making one mod a requirement will alienate other communities. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I can certainly appreciate your idea, but please remember not everyone uses RHS. A lot of communities actually use other mods, by making one mod a requirement will alienate other communities. 

The initial idea is to use the RHS content to fill gaps with stuff we haven't fully completed etc yet and work off their fantastic level of quality. The end goal is to be an independent mod.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

You can argue this both ways though, as alot of communities that use RHS would probably be discouraged at adding another large mod that duplicates alot of stuff (Which is the reason most groups have either CUP or RHS, not both)

At the end of the day its the mod teams choice how they wanna structure their mod

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

You can argue this both ways though, as alot of communities that use RHS would probably be discouraged at adding another large mod that duplicates alot of stuff (Which is the reason most groups have either CUP or RHS, not both)

At the end of the day its the mod teams choice how they wanna structure their mod

This applies to me 100% but both sides have a very good point. For example I would love to have different armed forces on my server because having only the US and german armed forces fighting Russians becomes boring after a while so a RHS addon that doesn´t bloat the filesize with having the same weapons and vehicles twice would be awesome but people that focus on the ADF and have no interest in US Forces might be adamantly opposed to a RHS requirement. It sure is a difficult decision to make.

If you guys wanna chat about the mod or contact us directly jump on our discord myself and modder (Disco) are leads of the project(s) and are more than happy to have a proper conversation about it, and take in suggestions. 

P6NQc1c.png

This news just made my day.

All the best with it fellas.

Having assets from the 90's running around Tanoa has me dribbling on myself!

I wonder if anybody has done TNI units?

4 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Indeed it is, which is why as a mod maker my own Nogovan Armed Forces are standalone and will work with either CUP or RHS. Anyway lets get back on topic :f:

• Like 1

Fantastic! I have recently wanted to make Australian Based missions for the community I'm with (Borderline Tactical) and ran into the issue of old Australian based mods which are broken with the current game. I look forward to what you have.

On the CUP/RHS opinion... My preference is for stand alone... I have seen the AUG's in both and neither have the recent EF-88/F-90 model.

Cheers
Azza 

• Like 1

We have our own Thales F90 model we'll be using- the RHS dependency is not for actual Aus/NZ kit, but things that both nations use, like the M72 and M4's, until we get our own models working ingame- it's hopefully just a temporary thing for the beta releases. 

IMO, not that it matters at all, work your base mod first, get the foundations down, then branch off and create a RHS version (which takes about 15 minutes after you get the ground work done) which allows individuals and communities to use what they wish. 

Or, the other option is make the pack as modular as possible and run checks on start up, (if ADF_Weapons.pbo is present use default guns, if RHS_xx_xx.pbo is present use rhs gear) this will allow people to just drag in the .pbos they want. e.g Units and Aircraft, and leave the other stuff out and the pack will still run as intended. 

• Like 3

I'm absolutely thrilled to see this back up & continuing! Just a suggestion: have you thought about asking @flanders25 for permission to use his E/A-18G that he's working on as he's doing one in 6th Squadron RAAF colours? Perhaps even try asking @SGT Fuller if you can borrow & reskin his F-35A from his USAF pack into RAAF colours? Keep up the great work. I'm absolutely psyched to see what you guys come up with! Congratulations & thanks! 

jgyhZO2.jpg 

arma3_united_states_air_force_mod_wip49_

• Like 2