Atlas1205

[SP/CO16]Freelancers - Tanoa at War (WIP/playable)

iw3lmf.png

NOTE: to reset the progress when hosting the mission locally, select "yes" as "wipe the game's save" parameter. then start then game. once you see the map/briefing interface, exit the mission and start it again. now the progress is reset. 

Version: BETA 0.135

Overview 

This sandbox mission is greatly inspired by Far Cry series. 
You take the role of a man who fled this homecountry, Tanoa, with his mother, at a very young age due to the boiling civil war between the royalists and the nationalists. His father died when general Solomon - as known as 'the Vulture', usurped the power from the royale, and with the help of eastern super powers, almost killed off all nationalists. 
Twenty years later, with the experience of several years serving in the U.S. Army and a dying wish from mother, the protagonist returns to his birthplace, to seek vengence against the man who mercilessly killed his father. 

Features 

-A fun sandbox & single-mission campaign and several side quests.(WIP, 3 infinite random side quests and 7 main quests, plus 1 intro quest avaliable thus far) 
-A shop system for players to buy and sell weapons, buy clothing and buy vehicles at will. 
-Gun shop supports vanilla, RHS and SMA weapons; NIArms weapons are added but pricing is still WIP. All weapons' prices are subject to changes. 
-20 safe houses across the map avaliable for purchase. You can save player's gear, location and money in the bed at safe houses; a stash crate is also avaliable at each safe house to store equipments for later use. As long as you have saved, you can just start a new game to resume your progress. DON'T HAVE TO USE ARMA 3's BUGGY SAVING MECHANISM AT ALL. 
-11 radio towers for players to hijack and reveal hidden POIs on the map. (Most POIs are still WIP) 
-Random friendly/enemy patrol teams/vehicles. The southern areas are controlled by the Royal Army(enemies) and the rebel(friendlies), and the north is controlled by CSAT. 
-Ambient traffic and civilians - Tanoa is teeming with life. 
-Recruitable civilians - hire them to fight by your side. Hired civilians randomly pick a gun from the weapon list 
-Lootable enemy corpses for cash. Different factions yield different amounts of cash. 
-Property system - still WIP. 

Requirements 

APEX DLC. 
CBA A3. 

Supported Mods (all optional, but highly recommended) 

RHS USAF (weapons purchasable) 
RHS AFRF (weapons purchasable) 
RHS GREF (affects what kind of enemies you fight in the early game; adding more immersion) 
RHS SAF (Not yet used, but may use it in the future) 
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=843770737

Special Military Arms (weapons purchasable) 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699630614&searchtext=SMA

NIArms series (added, not yet detailedly priced) 
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=665702172

Changelog 
v0.135

Removed (unwanted) MCC dependency

Known issues 
-Some delay when spawning enemies. 

TODOs
-Finish the story quests. 
-Finish the property system. 
-Add more side quests. 

Credit 

Enigma's simple tasks/civilians/traffic scripts. 
gpgpgpgp1234's coding helps. 
HoverGuy's simple shop system. 
IndeedPete's conversation system. 
Zenophon's framework. 

Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwxW21OcfZ_LWWYxdHVPUzhnS0E

Workshop (reuploaded)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906561138

Oh thank you Bohemia, for your stupid design to have me got my old mod page accidentally deleted by simply double-tapping enter. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU MORONS.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kremator said:

Will give it a try tomorrow.

thank you.

Just tried the mission there.  Completed one tower then got stuck and couldn't climb down :(  Had to kill the mission.

14 minutes ago, kremator said:

Just tried the mission there.  Completed one tower then got stuck and couldn't climb down :(  Had to kill the mission.

couldn't climb down???? anyway if you restart the mission, the tower should be hijacked already. you just have to wait like 10 seconds before you restart to make sure the mission progress is autosaved

Yup.  Took over the tower and although i could use the action menu 'climb down' I just stood there, unable to move around.

2 hours ago, kremator said:

Yup.  Took over the tower and although i could use the action menu 'climb down' I just stood there, unable to move around.

have you seen that cinematic cutscene? which is the camera moves and circles around the tower. on my end this problem you said can never be reproduced so i'm not sure what's wrong...

I took the tower and had the cool wrap around effect no problem. There was an issue when i hit the Vehicle Action thingie in the shack and it was like the game went to a static camera shot that I couldnt get out of.

@froggyluv

can you turn on -showscripterror and take a few screenshots for me please?

Didnt happen again but ill look out for it. Now i see the Vehicle being showcased over the terrain backround with menus all around -before there was no vehicle pic or menus - so it was just a still of the backround

41 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Didnt happen again but ill look out for it. Now i see the Vehicle being showcased over the terrain backround with menus all around -before there was no vehicle pic or menus - so it was just a still of the backround

Glad to hear.

I'm uploading a fixed version that had main quest 5's code mended a bit.

I like your mission setup.  If you're interested, we could coop a project.  Here is what I was working on.

I ran into an issue trying to do the underwater salvage missions where I cannot salvage the boxes any help? 

I'm really enjoyed playing this coop. But I faced one issue on my dedicated rented server.

I thought I'm gonna lose my gear after leaving so I saved all in a crate. But when I rejoined (on the same slot) I had my gear duplicated, one on me and same gear in a crate. 

Hope you continue working on this mission. Very enjoyable. :)