Hello all,

So I built a rather nice structure, using plenty of the Plywood "Shoot House Walls". Now, prior to this last update, it was fine. No scripts, literally just the template in a VR mission. However, when I load it now, there is a problem. In the Editor, it still looks fine. But in game, every shoot house wall has gone from its half / quarter height, all to full height panels. Even corners have gone from half height to full height corners. This only happens when the mission loads, as it stil looks fine in the editor and shows the correct object!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I do NOT want to re-make this object.

In Editor: http://i.imgur.com/94d4lNg.jpg

In Game: http://i.imgur.com/DAsZpA4.jpg

I brought up an empty VR map and placed a few tall and short shoot house walls, and they looked fine when playing mission.  The short ones ("crouch") were still short in-game.

Are you running any scripts that aid your object placement, or is everything editor placed?

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I brought up an empty VR map and placed a few tall and short shoot house walls, and they looked fine when playing mission.  The short ones ("crouch") were still short in-game.

Are you running any scripts that aid your object placement, or is everything editor placed?

Everything was placed in editor, albeit before the most current patch. I am sure if I re-placed every object it might be fixed, but I REALLY do not want to have to do that, due to the complexity of the base. 

44 minutes ago, Richards.D said:

Everything was placed in editor, albeit before the most current patch. I am sure if I re-placed every object it might be fixed, but I REALLY do not want to have to do that, due to the complexity of the base. 

You could open up your .sqm file and check the object names in the sqm.  If they are the wrong names (tall wall name  instead of short wall name) you can global search and replace the tall name with the short object name.  Then, reopen mission in editor and try it.

I would back up my .sqm and maybe the entire mission directory before editing the .sqm though.  Good luck dude.

14 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

You could open up your .sqm file and check the object names in the sqm.  If they are the wrong names (tall wall name  instead of short wall name) you can global search and replace the tall name with the short object name.  Then, reopen mission in editor and try it.

I would back up my .sqm and maybe the entire mission directory before editing the .sqm though.  Good luck dude.

Unfortunately I already looked at the sqm, and the objects are named correctly. Something is changing them when the mission loads, but I have no clue what. 

If you make the shoothouse walls set as SimpleObjects, they revert to a default shoothouse wall model.  I guess all the variants are actually all just different hidden selections or some shit?  Pretty sure that's your issue though.  Just get rid of the simpleObject parameter from the shoothouse walls and you should be good.

46 minutes ago, phronk said:

If you make the shoothouse walls set as SimpleObjects, they revert to a default shoothouse wall model.  I guess all the variants are actually all just different hidden selections or some shit?  Pretty sure that's your issue though.  Just get rid of the simpleObject parameter from the shoothouse walls and you should be good.

Wow, that was not the case before.. that seems a bit silly. Is there a way to save my framerate, while still using those objects?

50 minutes ago, phronk said:

Just tested, you're absolutely right. Apparently now you need to be careful when using that object. Very annoying, oh well. Good to know!

Disabling the simulation and damage of the objects might help performance, but I don't know how much of an impact it'll have.  However, I think projectiles can pass through the walls without any collision because of the disabled simulation.  I could be wrong.

If the FPS outside of your shoothouse is bad, you can maybe try executing this code locally (initPlayerLocal.sqf):

_SHwalls=nearestObjects [getMarkerPos "westBase", ["Land_Shoot_House_Corner_F","Land_Shoot_House_Corner_Crouch_F","Land_Shoot_House_Corner_Prone_F","Land_Shoot_House_Corner_Stand_F","Land_Shoot_House_Panels_F","Land_Shoot_House_Panels_Crouch_F","Land_Shoot_House_Panels_Crouch_F","Land_Shoot_House_Panels_Prone_F","Land_Shoot_House_Panels_Vault_F","Land_Shoot_House_Panels_Window_F","Land_Shoot_House_Panels_Windows_F","Land_Shoot_House_Tunnel_F","Land_Shoot_House_Tunnel_Crouch_F","Land_Shoot_House_Tunnel_Prone_F","Land_Shoot_House_Tunnel_Stand_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_Crouch_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_Long_Crouch_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_Long_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_Prone_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_Long_Prone_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_Stand_F","Land_Shoot_House_Wall_Long_Stand_F"], 200];

while (true) do {

sleep 1;
if (player distance getMarkerPos "westBase " > 200) then {

{_x hideObject true;}forEach _SHwalls;

}else{

{_x hideObject false;}forEach _SHwalls;};

sleep 10;};

The above will hide the shoothouse wall objects locally when the player is 200+ meters away from the "westBase" marker, assuming you placed that marker in the center of the shoothouse.