Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

A US CAG heading to Korean peninsula

21 hours ago, Tonci87 said:

When war broke out in Croatia the Croatian defense forces didn´t have almost anything in Weapons and supplies. You know who was one of the major parties that supplied Croatia with all kinds of wonderful stuff? Russia

You may be surprised but Dudayev, Chechen separatism leader got almost all the stuff of the 242-th military training center (it's about 42 tanks, tens of APCs, heavy artillery, some Mi-8 helos and about two hundreds of L-29 and L-39 planes, not mentioning tons of rifles and ammo) by Kremlin's order. Despite protests of army servicemen who were ordered to leave all the objects and withdraw from Chechnya. So I know that some stuff had been sold to Bosnia and Croatia silently.

Delivering such juicy things like MI-24 attack helicopters, MIG 21 fighters, Guided AT weapons, missiles, rockets, and millions of bullets.

From what I know Mi-24s and MiGs are from Ukraine.

Croatia also received an S-300 AA system at the end of the war. It is considered that the presence of this system was the main reason why the Serbian Airforce didn´t intervene in operation storm.

S-300??? Wow... Something new for me. Did they get Topol-M also?

Russia only has its own interest in mind, and their interest at the time, together with the US and other European countries was to destabilize and to get rid of Yugoslavia.

At that time Russia had not any own interests at all.

On 25.4.2017 at 6:14 PM, spooky lynx said:

S-300??? Wow... Something new for me. Did they get Topol-M also?

Not sure if joking, since the Topol-M wasn´t even ready at that time...

Regarding the S-300, there is a small scandal currently and Russia is a wee bit pissed at Croatia. Apparently we kind of failed to pay for the S-300 missiles, and we may have not only given the Americans access to it so that they can study the system, but we also kind of misplaced it (read: secretly sold it to the US or to Israel)  during the Sanader administration:face_palm: