pvt. partz

custom compositions

I have created a custom composition consisting of two large power line towers and the 2 sets of appropriate wires. I have them all lined up as close as I can to their respective contact points. I can copy this unit and place it but when it follows the terrain the contact points between the tower (s) and wire (s) gets shifted out of place. I have read here what is available. First, is there, or will there be a way to lock objects in place concerning compositions. Second,  Will there ever be a "snap to" function available in the future?

• Like 1

THIS!

I have a custom structure that I've spent days on. It consists 200+ objects not counting manpower and triggers. I've tried dumbing it down as much as possible but no matter what I try when I copy and paste it or save it as custom composition it won't save the correct position in correlation to the rest of the structure. We need a way to save the positions of objects in a custom structure to each other. That and snap to and so on. 

If there is anything I can do for now, please let me know.

I believe it's only the z (height) variable that gets messed up.

• Like 1

I would like to "Bump" this thread. I for one am still gung ho about dressing up terrains. Much can be accomplished, but the inability to "snap" objects and to hold their coordinates in place can really be a deal breaker. I am hopeful that one of the BI developers can explain to us whether these options might be available in the future. I remember in CryEngine, we could pick a wire, stretch it and it would still hold the bow no matter haw long it was, plus we could pick one end of the wire, then pick the contact point on the pole and select "snap to". Then if you want to move the pole and wires as a group, all or the objects would hold their positions and the poles would follow the terrain. If not, does anyone have hints as to how to place electrical towers and wires. This is the real biggy that I have seen installed on many terrains and they look so great. If there is a set method that uses time efficiently please post a tutorial so that we can all benefit.

Thanks to anyone that can help.