M1ke_SK

make object appear on thermal vission

We all know, that when vehicle have engine on, and it is hot enough it appear on thermal imaging brighter.

Question: Is there a way to make object (not vehicle) "visible" (hotter) for thermal imaging? (like for example some portable generators generate heat so they are easy to spot with TI)

Not that I know of.

The object needs to have a thermal imaging map at very least.

Don't know if buildings or other objects heat up during the day in arma.

Cheers

1 hour ago, M1ke_SK said:

We all know, that when vehicle have engine on, and it is hot enough it appear on thermal imaging brighter.

Question: Is there a way to make object (not vehicle) "visible" (hotter) for thermal imaging? (like for example some portable generators generate heat so they are easy to spot with TI)

I am not sure but I think heat lamps appear on thermal if you want an object to appear on the thermal place 2-3 lamps inside it. Maybe it works

That would be great to have as a command. Something like "object setTemperature 373;". (In Kelvin, of course)

2 minutes ago, Fiddi said:

That would be great to have as a command. Something like "object setTemperature 373;". (In Kelvin, of course)

That is a wonderful idea, why don't you take your suggestion mate to the suggestions thread. I would do it but i am too lazy

3 minutes ago, BlacKnightBK said:

That is a wonderful idea, why don't you take your suggestion mate to the suggestions thread. I would do it but i am too lazy

I wasn't aware there were such a thread.. Where would one look for such a thread?

1 minute ago, Fiddi said:

I wasn't aware there were such a thread.. Where would one look for such a thread?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fiddi said:

In Kelvin, of course

Why Kelvin in particular ? :D

57 minutes ago, BlacKnightBK said:

I am not sure but I think heat lamps appear on thermal if you want an object to appear on the thermal place 2-3 lamps inside it. Maybe it works

I will try to fiddle with this. Maybe I will use VR entity as people generating heat (of course if they don't wear heat camouflage)

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Well there is setVehicleTIPars.

Cheers

Yes, but that's specifically for vehicles. It would be nice to have it for other objects.

You should be able to setObjectMaterial with a custom TI texture.