McQuade

What about Anti-Aircraft-Systems?

Why there are no enough Anti-Aircrafts Systems? Srsly any other vanilla Nation is using an Spike Anti-Aircraft Launcher or on his Vehicles, BLUFOR,OPFOR or even Independent.

There are so many variations and different Systems like Stinger,Panzir-S1 or even the bigger Variants like S-300/Patriot.

In Arma 2 we had this:

1200px-Avenger_missile.jpg

In Apex we just got this Flying Eggs:

maxresdefault.jpg

When a Titan AA hits these from the Front, nothing happens, they even not care about it, the most funny thing is removing from Cheetah/Tigris the Radar function - I mean Arma 3 isn´t in the Alpha or Beta Stage anymore, I don´t want to go further from this point, im out.

s300 is too big for arma... you can try pooks sam but they always hit regardless so it makes flying up aganist them pointless 

1 hour ago, McQuade said:

There are so many variations and different Systems like Stinger,Panzir-S1 or

Both the Cheetah and Tigris are sufficient for the purpose of fulfilling SHORAD capability for both factions. While it would be nice if both vehicles didn't have copy and pasted turrets, that's up to BI to fix.

even the bigger Variants like S-300/Patriot.

At its current size Altis would barely fit inside the minimum range of an S-300, let alone the latest variants of the PAC-3 and S-400. So unless you have a terrain the size of 4x Altis' landmass combined with water, no official Arma terrain is simply big enough to accommodate the range at which these systems operate at.

When a Titan AA hits these from the Front, nothing happens, they even not care about it, the most funny thing is removing from Cheetah/Tigris the Radar function 

I'd recommend that you have a look at the upcoming sensor overhaul and fixed-wing damage model threads in the same forum section where you've posted this. Did you even bother to look? They're even stickied at the top...

Regardless, both of these improvements are coming with the free platform update part of the Jets DLC so saying that "they not even care about it" is a bit much don't you think?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, veles-zv said:

s300 is too big for arma... you can try pooks sam but they always hit regardless so it makes flying up aganist them pointless 

Pook's is such a big download, and like you said it's really accurate.

I'd be happy with a large static SAM site, even if it's just an object that can be used as a destroy mission item.

• Like 1

I just compensate the lack of mobile AA with Prowlers and Qilins. Just man the gunner seat with AA launcher.

Seriously a MRAP or LSV variants with AA launchers would be a dream come true.

• Like 3

I'd love to see a static/towed unit like the Rapier 2000

The thing about the Rapier is that it was designed knowing that there is a high probability of it being a high priority AG target. It's remotely operated (cable, not wireless) so when it inevitably gets destroyed the operators stand a chance of survival and it's towed because you don't want to lose the transport for the operators. It also makes for a much smaller IR/Active radar target. The small size and relatively low weight also mean it can also be placed in positions where a vehicle mounted system can't go, for example, hoisted by cranes onto the top of buildings.

On 8. 4. 2017 at 4:27 AM, McQuade said:

the most funny thing is removing from Cheetah/Tigris the Radar function

All great changes are preceded by chaos ;)
On a serious note we are really sorry about it. We have considered hotfixing it but the data have already been too far in preparation for oncoming patches and releases that any further attempt to retain old behaviors could have caused even more damage.

• Like 5

Here's a simple idea: Replace the Titan missiles on Cheetah/Tigris with something else. It would be a radar-guided medium-range SAM with a new name, but it would fit in the same tubes and thus not require any changes to the vehicles. It might not even need a new model (though it would be nice if it had one). That would give you more freedom in customizing the performance of the missile, while also not requiring you to make new assets.

• Like 1

Actually this countermeasures, the mighty "Flares" are too OP, today in a Multiplayer Sessions i just hunted an Enemy Wipeout with my Neophoron, he just escaped all Asraam missiles while i was on his neck like 20-50m and then his Wingman reached us ;(

4 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Actually this countermeasures, the mighty "Flares" are too OP, today in a Multiplayer Sessions i just hunted an Enemy Wipeout with my Neophoron, he just escaped all Asraam missiles while i was on his neck like 20-50m and then his Wingman reached us ;(

I was testing in developing branch wipeout showcase,  and the gunship showcase,  they really were not op. 

Now maybe thats because it has been tweaked since don't know.

On 4/10/2017 at 5:05 PM, McQuade said:

In that event, when why too was your countermeasures not equally OP? Or had you run out. =P

• Like 1