Nowhere

Players respawn on bodies, host and AI respawn on respawn point

I just cannot get this to work.

I made a small mission with a single respawn point (respawn_west) that is set to BLUFOR

When I host in multiplayer, I respawn on it successfully. My AI groupmates respawn on it successfully. My friends who connect to my server respawn on their dead bodies.

I have gone through countless video tutorials and help threads that explain how to set up a proper spawn point, and followed them exactly.

I have made sure the multiplayer attributes of the mission are set to respawn on custom position.

I have made sure the only respawn point is the one I have named respawn_west.

I have created a description.ext file that says respawn = 3, when that didnt work I tried respawn = "Base", and then respawn = Base;

None of these worked.

This is getting to be frustrating because everything else works. I respawn as intended, friendly AI respawns as intended. But other players do not.

Does anybody have ANY idea of what I could be doing wrong?

Have you tried it when your friends are on the server at the beginning ?

Or only if they jip into it ?

1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

I just cannot get this to work.

I made a small mission with a single respawn point (respawn_west) that is set to BLUFOR

When I host in multiplayer, I respawn on it successfully. My AI groupmates respawn on it successfully. My friends who connect to my server respawn on their dead bodies.

I have gone through countless video tutorials and help threads that explain how to set up a proper spawn point, and followed them exactly.

I have made sure the multiplayer attributes of the mission are set to respawn on custom position.

I have made sure the only respawn point is the one I have named respawn_west.

I have created a description.ext file that says respawn = 3, when that didnt work I tried respawn = "Base", and then respawn = Base;

None of these worked.

This is getting to be frustrating because everything else works. I respawn as intended, friendly AI respawns as intended. But other players do not.

Does anybody have ANY idea of what I could be doing wrong?

In the eden editor, check the drop down menus for multiplayer Options. It should open a window scroll down to respawn and change it their :)

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muecke said:

Have you tried it when your friends are on the server at the beginning ?

Or only if they jip into it ?

Other way around. We've only done this while everyone is on at the beginning.

31 minutes ago, BlacKnightBK said:

In the eden editor, check the drop down menus for multiplayer Options. It should open a window scroll down to respawn and change it their :)

Cheers

I said in the OP that the multiplayer attributes were set properly but it still isn't working. This is why I tried making a description.ext

Are the slots of your friends also playable ? With AI groupmates ? If so do they respawn ?

15 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I said in the OP that the multiplayer attributes were set properly but it still isn't working. This is why I tried making a description.ext

I used to have that issue before as well, fixed it by going into my sqm file and deleting all the attributes that are related to respawning, deleted them from the description.ext as well then set them again in the Eden editor. This time no issues.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Muecke said:

Are the slots of your friends also playable ? With AI groupmates ? If so do they respawn ?

All the BLUFOR slots are playable.

When either myself or an AI is in the slot, we respawn normally.

When another player is in the slot, they respawn on their body.

Thats weird, cause I know the opposite case. Humans respawn but AI does not.

Can you upload your mission so maybe we can find any difference to it ?

36 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

All the BLUFOR slots are playable.

When either myself or an AI is in the slot, we respawn normally.

When another player is in the slot, they respawn on their body.

Have you edited your sqm file??

41 minutes ago, Muecke said:

Thats weird, cause I know the opposite case. Humans respawn but AI does not.

Can you upload your mission so maybe we can find any difference to it ?

mision here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899699705

22 minutes ago, BlacKnightBK said:

Have you edited your sqm file??

I don't know how.

Nevermind I had it binarized. The annoying thing is that I cannot test this unless someone connects.

Edited by Nowhere

Okay I've just tested this by making an entirely new mission with the same kind of setup. Only one spawn point, had two other people connected to the server.

The exact same thing happened. I could respawn on the point. The AI could respawn on the point. The other players kept respawning on their own bodies.

We tried changing into different slots with the same result.

I'm beginning to think the respawn system just doesn't work. Every problem I've had so far has been related to respawning things.

I can confirm this. The respawn system is fragile as shit.

In some missions, it works nicely, then in others (in my case a free for all DM) only the host can respawn. I did all editing inside Eden and the settings are all correct. It all works, but only for the host.

I'm not sure the binarization would have caused this even if it was just the mission alone, because as far as I know all missions are binarized by default unless specified in the eden editor preferences. Never had this happen to me personally.

Don't write anything in description.ext for respawn. Just use the editor multiplayers menu. The mix of two is weird.

Test furthermore:

- 2 respawn points;

- choice of the respawn position (editor menu).

Hello guys!! So I have the same problem in multiplayer - me and AI spawns at the spawn point but not my mates, they spawn on their dead bodies even tho that action is not enabled. :( :( . Any easy fix for it now? 

1 hour ago, 0neclickheadsh0t said:

Hello guys!! So I have the same problem in multiplayer - me and AI spawns at the spawn point but not my mates, they spawn on their dead bodies even tho that action is not enabled. 😞 😞. Any easy fix for it now? 

Enable the "select respawn position" option for choice.

I have the same problem as the OP.  I'm pretty sure the respawn system was broken from a somewhat recent patch (last few years or so).  I have made countless missions in OFP, ARMA 2, and ARMA 3, and have never had this issue until now.  I haven't made an Arma 3 mission in a few years though, so don't know when exactly it broke. 

BTW OP you can test this by yourself by setting up a dedicated server, and joining it.  When i test my broken missions from the editor i respawn as I should, but when i upload the mission to my dedicated server, I respawn on my dead body.

I will try both having multiple respawn points, and checking the select respawn position option and report back.

I have found the fix! Adding the ticket module from the F5 menu and enabling the "select respawn position" in the Multiplayer attributes has fixed it. A respawn timer must also be set!