Wiki

USA strike Syria

After the air attack and the chemical issue that came after, the USA have launched several missiles, targeting some airbase and strategic targets in Syria.

It wouldn't suprise me if this event will trigger the next war :(

Yeeehawww! make murica great again!!! 

[Shaking and laughing my head off at the same time]

According to the TV news, 58 Tomahawks missiles have been fired

At least there will be sharper sides now, rip all the innocent who died there

Blowing to Kingdom Come a country before even verifying the events leading up to it... Great leadership and critical thinking... lack of...

Apparently they have intelligence, including some sort of imagery, which I believe they plan on releasing, of the planes being loaded with armaments, taking off, flying to the city and dropping those armaments.  Obviously as we saw on the news and the reports from that city the armaments were chemical WMDs.  It's pretty clear Syria willingly, and on purpose murdered innocent men, women and children.  Whether or not it was intentional is a bit of a conundrum, but I don't think any military force that regarded innocent lives would drop chemical weapons on a civilian city, notwithstanding the use of chemical weapons has been banned since WWI, even on enemy combatants.

Obama has already tried the diplomatic route.  Russia said they would remove Syria's WMD.  They failed.  Assad used them again.  Trump bombed them.  He didn't blow anybody to Kingdom Come.  It was a surgical strike that targeted the airplanes and assets used for that chemical attack.  The US ground commanders even warned the Russian ground commanders to pull their troops from that base.

It sounds like to me it was a strategic, surgical strike with the intent to minimize casualties and collateral damage while at the same time showing using chemical weapons to murder innocent civilians will not be tolerated.

• Like 3

My point of view is that Russia knew Assad screwed up big time and was infuriated. Russian protest seems mainly formal imo. That serves as a good warning for Assad and Iran.

Letting Asad to use chemical weapon after liberation of Aleppo, Palmira and with army winning, and when half of the world's reconnaissance watching at you waiting for wrong moves to be taken, is same as shooting yourself in the leg. Despite many people's opinion i think Assad is not that stupid.

Everyone seems to think that it was an attack ordered by Damascus.

Even if it most likely is, we still have no proof ATM.

The explanation given by Damascus and Moscow (although with few chance to be the right one) is not impossible either.

"The explanation given by Damascus and Moscow (although with few chance to be the right one) is not impossible either."  Can you bring those to this thread please? And the source if you don't mind.

All of these happened after Assad threatened Israel. SAA have done chemical attacks before but nobody cared this much at the time

28 minutes ago, boss00521 said:

"The explanation given by Damascus and Moscow (although with few chance to be the right one) is not impossible either."  Can you bring those to this thread please? And the source if you don't mind.

They said the syrian AF didn't drop WMD but they hit some compounds in which, unfortunately, there were some hidden.

Collateral damages.

38 minutes ago, boss00521 said:

Letting Asad to use chemical weapon after liberation of Aleppo, Palmira and with army winning, and when half of the world's reconnaissance watching at you waiting for wrong moves to be taken, is same as shooting yourself in the leg. Despite many people's opinion i think Assad is not that stupid.

even if that were true. Desperate/paranoid people due desperate things without thinking it through. This man is willing to kill his own unarmed civs in the past and he knows the world wants his head on a platter.....yeah I can see him doing this as he is looking over his shoulder. Point being is this is all speculation. The fact is we have video and intel of the plane leaving the airbase and doing what it did. So you think a russian was flying a syrian jet?

Personally I care a lot about what happens to people not only in the Middle East but around the world.  As far as the facts I'm sorry, I don't believe in conspiracy theories.  Assad probably had an agenda behind his use of chemical weapons.  Maybe it was to test the new US administration.  Maybe it was to discourage the remaining fighters to just give up. 

Furthermore, I find it hard to believe Russia when it comes to anything when they've said they didn't know who the green little army men in Crimea were.  And seeing how Syria, along with Iran and Iraq have a colorful history of using chemical WMDs on innocent civilians at this point I have no reason not to believe Assad or his administration used chemical weapons on civilians.

Also, keep in mind, that the US administration more than likely had concrete intelligence on this attack, which they'll probably release.  You simply just can't fake an air delivery of chemical weapons.

Concerning the Ukrainian situation, I would be more careful.

Western countries have been very hypocrites about it.

"Furthermore, I find it hard to believe Russia when it comes to anything when they've said they didn't know who the green little army men in Crimea were.  And seeing how Syria, along with Iran and Iraq have a colorful history of using chemical WMDs on innocent civilians at this point I have no reason not to believe Assad or his administration used chemical weapons on civilians.

Also, keep in mind, that the US administration more than likely had concrete intelligence on this attack, which they'll probably release.  You simply just can't fake an air delivery of chemical weapons."

About "green little army men in Crimea" ( like some proof that Russia always lies) , i'm afraid you didn't know about Russian-Ukrainian agreement about Russian Black sea fleet base in Sevastopol ( Crimea ), according to which Russia could keep up to 25000 troops on the territory of Crimea together with fleet. And during 2014 the number of Russian troops in peninsula didn't exceedid that number.

From my side, i do not believe USA's "concrete intelligence on this attack, which they'll probably release" after bombing another country.  and without some kind of investigation or proofs. Russian is the only legitimate country that have permission to keep military troops in Syria ( according to UN agreement) and all other countries are not! But still USA and some coalition are still there and even make some bombing. What a FUCK? And UN keep quiet on this. USA does what ever it wants  everywhere in the world without any consequence even after Iraq, where no evidence of WMD was found. Why somebody should believe to what USA say? I don't))

10 minutes ago, boss00521 said:

Russian is the only legitimate country that have permission to keep military troops in Syria ( according to UN agreement) and all other countries are not! But still USA and some coalition are still there and even make some bombing. What a FUCK? And UN keep quiet on this

What about Turkey? Existence of bloody SDF is a threat to Turkey. They and pkk are the same groups and US agrees that. They've done more than isis did to europe for 20-30 years now and you say that we have no right to be in Syria when US and Russia arm our enemies? There are even bombardments on Turkey which are coming from other side of the border. Don't even let me start talking about fucking isis

30 minutes ago, boss00521 said:

"Furthermore, I find it hard to believe Russia when it comes to anything when they've said they didn't know who the green little army men in Crimea were.  And seeing how Syria, along with Iran and Iraq have a colorful history of using chemical WMDs on innocent civilians at this point I have no reason not to believe Assad or his administration used chemical weapons on civilians.

Also, keep in mind, that the US administration more than likely had concrete intelligence on this attack, which they'll probably release.  You simply just can't fake an air delivery of chemical weapons."

About "green little army men in Crimea" ( like some proof that Russia always lies) , i'm afraid you didn't know about Russian-Ukrainian agreement about Russian Black sea fleet base in Sevastopol ( Crimea ), according to which Russia could keep up to 25000 troops on the territory of Crimea together with fleet. And during 2014 the number of Russian troops in peninsula didn't exceedid that number.

From my side, i do not believe USA's "concrete intelligence on this attack, which they'll probably release" after bombing another country.  and without some kind of investigation or proofs. Russian is the only legitimate country that have permission to keep military troops in Syria ( according to UN agreement) and all other countries are not! But still USA and some coalition are still there and even make some bombing. What a FUCK? And UN keep quiet on this. USA does what ever it wants  everywhere in the world without any consequence even after Iraq, where no evidence of WMD was found. Why somebody should believe to what USA say? I don't))

Crimea=Russians invaded period! (they damm sure were not invited) Syria used chemical weapons on civs=Period! Sanctions are hurting Russia period! Russia cant afford another enemy or any new long term conflicts with anybody. This you CAN believe!

46 minutes ago, wiki said:

Concerning the Ukrainian situation, I would be more careful.

Western countries have been very hypocrites about it.

I don't believe this is a place to debate this, but I can tell you America has not invaded a county in nearly a century with the intent to annex it.

26 minutes ago, boss00521 said:

No, it's not some proof that Russia always lies, however, they did lie about troops in Crimea and their involvement in East Ukraine.   It's not wise for anybody of any nation to just blindly believe what their government has said.  Don't think I'm anti-Russia.  I'm just saying I find it hard to believe anything they say, especially in this situation where it's a giant black eye that Syria didn't destroy all of their WMD.  Russia has two options, 1. own up to the fact they did not full fill the agreement they had with Obama about remove Syria's WMDs or 2. try to save face by creating this story about rebel fighters having WMDs and being set off by random bombs Syria was dropping on a civilian town.

I would like to show me where US isn't allowed in Syria according to the UN.

I would debate with you about US and Iraq, but this isn't the place.

"Crimea=Russians invaded period! (they damm sure were not invited) Syria used chemical weapons on civs=Period! Sanctions are hurting Russia period! Russia cant afford another enemy or any new long term conflicts with anybody. This you CAN believe!".   As i said - USA can do anything to anyone, no need international laws, no need any proofs it just - we are stronger and can do anything= period! 

"What about Turkey? Existence of bloody SDF is a threat to Turkey. They and pkk are the same groups and US agrees that. They've done more than isis did to europe for 20-30 years now and you say that we have no right to be in Syria when US and Russia arm our enemies? There are even bombardments on Turkey which are coming from other side of the border. Don't even let me start talking about fucking isis" . Without permission from Syrian side entering troops is called invasion. So why don't you declare war to Syria? And again, it's all cool))

"I don't believe this is a place to debate this, but I can tell you America has not invaded a county in nearly a century with the intent to annex it". I agree, this is absolutly true. Tell this to citizens of Iraq ( how many Iraq people died? I'm just not sure, because my government completely brainwashed me)), and tell this to Afganistan people and Pakistan and Serbia and Yugoslavia and many many others. USA always care only about democracy and freedom of other countries))

By the way in so called invasion of Crimea there were no fighting.

And i understand that there no innocent countries which always follow the right way i just hate double standarts when for one side things called "crime" and for other it's called "bringing freedom and democracy". Peace and love to all of you.

Sorry,  it's off topic but:

Ukraine and Crimea:

Crimea people voted join Russian Federation.

'It's illegal!'

Oh, really? How about the right of people to decide by themselves? Democracy? You know, what western countries usually fight for?

Oh yes, it doesn't work when there is no advantage for them.

Ianoukovitch, elected president of Ukraine (so, it was democracy, right?) who had to leave because of a coup (which is illegal UFN).

The western countries applaused a lot and they said 'this is democracy!'

Seriously?

You know there's a Ukraine thread if you would like to discuss Ukraine.  I'm also not going to discuss your other "arguments" in this post.

I don't understand why you're trying to convince yourself that there's some secret agenda behind US bombing the airfield and that America is some evil monster while at the same time blindly believing Assad dropped bombs on a rebel chemical weapons cache that somehow was able to kill 86 people.  I'm not a chemical weapons expert, but they generally have to be dispersed, usually in the air, in order to effectively kill people.  Unless, of course, you're saying the rebels packed more than 100 civilians around a weapon cache for some random reason where Syrian jets just so happen to drop their bombs. 

7 hours ago, boss00521 said:

"Crimea=Russians invaded period! (they damm sure were not invited) Syria used chemical weapons on civs=Period! Sanctions are hurting Russia period! Russia cant afford another enemy or any new long term conflicts with anybody. This you CAN believe!".   As i said - USA can do anything to anyone, no need international laws, no need any proofs it just - we are stronger and can do anything= period! 

"What about Turkey? Existence of bloody SDF is a threat to Turkey. They and pkk are the same groups and US agrees that. They've done more than isis did to europe for 20-30 years now and you say that we have no right to be in Syria when US and Russia arm our enemies? There are even bombardments on Turkey which are coming from other side of the border. Don't even let me start talking about fucking isis" . Without permission from Syrian side entering troops is called invasion. So why don't you declare war to Syria? And again, it's all cool))

"I don't believe this is a place to debate this, but I can tell you America has not invaded a county in nearly a century with the intent to annex it". I agree, this is absolutly true. Tell this to citizens of Iraq ( how many Iraq people died? I'm just not sure, because my government completely brainwashed me)), and tell this to Afganistan people and Pakistan and Serbia and Yugoslavia and many many others. USA always care only about democracy and freedom of other countries))

By the way in so called invasion of Crimea there were no fighting.

And i understand that there no innocent countries which always follow the right way i just hate double standarts when for one side things called "crime" and for other it's called "bringing freedom and democracy". Peace and love to all of you.

We went into iraq because we thought there was WMD's there. Something Sadam actually used on his own people in the north of the country called Kurds. Remember that? So what was better leave a dictator just like in syria in power killing and oppresing his own people or have the US come in and take him out? Did we do everything right? No! Hell no, we did not. But Had dumbass Obama not have pulled us out of the country until there was order and stability and finished what we started the region would not be unstable like it is today. Now we have syria same thing there just like Iraq was with sadam. What has changed this time? Trump orders a airstrike? Big deal! Are we sending in ground troops like we did in Iraq? No. People used to think we went into Iraq because of the oil. Did we take it? No! Why did we go into Iraq? What could we possibly gain from it? Nothing! We sent our own people there alot died and what did we get out of it? Nothing! Its the same thing with Syria. We won't get nothing out of that either. There is only one reason why we give a shit! We protect those that can't protect themselves! Thats why!

Well its like the old saying goes and it applies to governments as well "Dont start no shit, there won't be no shit!" Its called peace through strength. If you encounter a bully in school you first try to talk to him right? But if he keeps bullying you what do you do? You punch him right in the mouth and drop his ass! The whole world watched that bully get his ass kicked and they are laughing at him. What does the bully do after that? Well he won't mess with you anymore if he knows you will fight back! Oh and by the way..(you tell the bully) you better leave my friends (allies) alone to or next time im coming to your house (country)