1stLt. Black

Jet DLC & Compatible Sticks

Now I do understand that Arma is not a flight Sim, But there is a lot of out there who take the fixed wing seriously in MilSim units. I am at a dilemma with purchasing a new set up hoping the Jets DLC will be compatible. I am leaning towards the Thrustmaster HOTAS set up with some pedals and possibly MFD cougar pack. Is bohemia making the Keybindings more acceptable to this kind of set up for the DLC release? I had my hopes up due to this photo in the Jets DLC video sFjinaE.jpg

Even before the DLC I've known a few people who used a HOTAS and pedal setup and from what I've seen they do very well, don't even get me started on the stuff they can do in helicopters, I am so envious.

From personal experience I have a X-55 which is essentially the poor mans thrustmaster and the only 'problem' I've encountered is that the knobs aren't good for anything...otherwise its all great!  You can customize your own curves ingame if you don't want to do it by software, the various switches can be bound as buttons for each direction, the rocker switches the same.

As for MFD...I'm not familiar with those and I don't think you would get the same use out of Arma as you would DCS, as far as I'm aware the displays won't project to another source like they would here 6WVf4Ar.jpg

peddles are more important in arma then a hotas, I can fly helicopters with the AFM a meter off the ground and under bridges with a mouse no problem. however with the new jets dlc I found that keyboard makes it really hard to control your thrust. but personally I do not see the need for a joystick, dsylecixcixy (shacktac) also flys without a joystick almost as well as I do but he is using the standard flight model. the MDF are just switches which are not need in arma. 

HOTAS, pedals and AFM make for a fantastic time in helis; with the sole exception of the tiny, millisecond input delay :(

• Like 1

I love flying with my hotas, peddles, and trackIR. AFM all the way for helicopters. I hope the jets DLC brings some changes to the overall control of jets. Yes I suggest go in all the say. It's so much fun. I also use a 34" extra wide screen display. 

I use the Thrustmaster A10 HOTAS and Saitek combat pedals + TrackIR. It works a fuckin charm when it comes to flying anything, great feel, great input. Only downside (for me anyway) if I usually have to set it all up prior to flying due to how my desk and seat is setup. 

I'd highly recommend those items, reason I do is because you can use them for other games in the future etc. 

I've been using my Logitec Attack 3 for years (probably something like 10 now!) and really enjoy it. I've just ordered some Thrustmaster pedals in advance of the Jets DLC and hoping eventually to get TrackIR as well.

Yes, almost everyone one of mine are binded to an in game function.

You can bind more or less any combination across devices.

As for TM Hotas - with a little extension - it has been an ultimate device to rule helicopter Time Trials ;)

• Like 1

Does the banana on the stick remove the input delay + the limit in maximum stick movement rate?

Both make the AFM very unenjoyable.