Sign in to follow this  
dc207

Testing Co-Op mission, friends get booted

Hello, I am very new to mission creation and the Eden editor. I've taken my time making a Co-Op mission, watched a lot of videos on YouTube. I've used very little code, but I know how to place triggers, set tasks, set task states, and conduct a mission outro. I've tested this mission with friends previously by hosting a multiplayer server, then having them join. I have not put the mission on the workshop yet. It is not finished.

Anyway, tonight, suddenly my friends can't get in the mission. I wanted them to join in to test the triggers and hints appearing at the beginning. They could join the server and pick a player slot, but they got booted each time the mission started. They didn't receive an error code, nor did anything appear on my screen. They just got kicked back to the lobby.

I feel dumb for posting this on here, because my question is so elementary, but what are some of the most common reasons this could be happening?

The mission is multiplayer and under type its Co-Op mission. Friends have joined before as recently as two weeks ago. Any reason why if we're all playing in 32 bit, this could be happening? Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

Did I post this in the wrong place, or is my question too noobish to warrant an answer? Any help is appreciated. I have watched enough YouTube videos on editing and mission creation. But the actual writing of the description.ext and init.sqf files... I am lost with. I'm trying to create MP mission for my friends and I to play. No one else can even utilize the Editor. I am competent with the Editor. But otherwise (scripting, mission folder management, exporting to multiplayer to test, etc), I am clueless.

hey dude, sorry if this is to late. Same thing happened to me and my friends. We could play and then boom... nothing. I ended up tracing it back to port forwarding which would drop off and i could not get working again. Some times it is a windows update, sometimes your internet provider messes with it. 

I ended up renting a server and problem solved, but it is hard to set up first.....