Oddball-47 Ronin

"The Night Tigers" - An Unsung Vietnam Coop Mission

Gents,

version update to : 1.63
   I've uploaded what I think is a pretty cool mission to the Steam Workshop.
(Couldn't connect to Armaholic's website to FTP it there.

Coop: recommended 2-4 players (will allow 9) 
Requirements: ArmA 3 Unsung Vietnam War mod, CBA_A3, Apex DLC

April, 1967. You are part of a MACV SOG team which has been ordered to locate and destroy several NVA AA guns in the "Muah Quah" area of operations located on Doung Island of the Rung Sat Special Zone, Vietnam. 
Mission features: 
(1) the ability to respawn at one of three points in the event the player(s) suffer any misfortunes in the field. ( Make sure you spawn at HQ initially.) 
(2) Highly immersive soundtrack which lends itself well to the eerie movement through the waterways and jungle. 
(3) Numerous sound effects add to the atmosphere. 
(4)Full arsenal availlable to kit out with; both at Headquarters and Outpost Kable and scattered throughout
the map. (Look for U.S. ammo crates in and around enemy installations and emplacements.) 
( Bring LOTS of flares; you're gonna need 'em) 
(5) On call artillery fire support. (Accessed via the "0" (ZERO) key at the top of your keyboard. Scroll wheel options availlable after that. 
(6) Option to insert/remove earplugs at any point in the mission. 
Make certain you take one of the PBRs parked at the "River Rat Boathouse" once you've seen the general and kitted up. 
(7) Random enemy patrol script ensures replayability.
(8) And thanks to Sergeant Dennenboom, an "official" end to the mission. 

Mission Notes: 

It is VERY important to ensure before beginning that your sliders for "Effects" and "Music" are set to at least 50 percent. (Mission sounds/music based on those levels.) 
It is recommended to set the "Radio" slider to zero to reduce/eliminate annoying AI chatter. 
It is also very important to the flow and immersion of the mission to begin at Headquarters, 
see the general to get your orders and then take one of the PBRs located at the "River Rats 
Boathouse" to begin the mission. 
Read the briefing and check the map out to get a feel for what you need to do and how you 
want to go about it. 
It is suggested also to disable all AI in the slots not taken up by a human player
Known Bugs: 
(1) "image: cluster.jpg" not found sometimes appears at mission selection screen. 
(I've apparently not the intellect to make this "go away".) 
(2) "no entry cfg weapons. NAM_M16'" (problem with the Unsung Delta mod

Requirements: ArmA 3 Unsung 3.1d Vietnam War mod, CBA_A3. and the Apex Arma 3 DLC 
Credits: 
My thanks to Kronsky, Nemesis, and Grumpy Old Man and Sushi for their scripting genius. Without their tools, this mission would have been MUCH the lesser. 
And to Kegety for his PBO/De-PBO tool.
  And special thanks to Sergeant Dennenboom of "Elite Warriors" for sharing his knowledge and time with me. 
And lastly, but not leastly (is that even a word?) big thanks to the entire crew behind the "Unsung Vietnam" mod. They have rekindled my enthusiasm for Arma 3 ! 

Urban Patrol Script Version: 2.2.0 Author: Kronzky 

NRE_earplugs.sqf
Author: Nemesis 

GOM - Ambient AA :Author:Grumpy Old Man 

sush_pow_script.sqf Author: Sushi

VVS Virtual Vehicle Spawner script by: Tonic

Regards, Oddball

Edited by Oddball-47 Ronin
Edited to reflect new version

Sounds good. You might want to fix your link though - it just points to this thread, rather than the workshop file ;)

1 hour ago, flyingpig said:

Sounds good. You might want to fix your link though - it just points to this thread, rather than the workshop file ;)

Thanks a ton, Flying Pig. Fixed it. 

Best, Odd