trips

AI aimingAccuracy doesn't affect RPGs

Even AI with aimingAccuracy set to 0 seem to hit targets 99% of the time.

Is there a way to artificially introduce aiming error? I've tried getting them to doFire at an invisible target but no dice. Can I set their aimpoint directly?

Great workaround, thanks!

I can catch the RPG projectile from a 'fired' event handler, right?

16 minutes ago, trips said:

Great workaround, thanks!

I can catch the RPG projectile from a 'fired' event handler, right?

Yes, and u can provide that EH with the code to change the speeds.

• Like 1

maybe the following thread gives u some help in understanding the basics of rocket flights in arma. it should help you to modify the speeds at the propper time...

basically you should manipulate the speed after the the motor burned out. I think then you should get the best results.

What you should not do is to modify the speeds before rocket motor is started because this can give very unexpected results.

I think  the most important informations for u are in this post of the given thread:

Edit:

Hmm, if I remember it correct then I didnt solve the strange behavior for the RGP as I created the above thread.

I think you have just to test after which time of flight you should modify the speeds. I would assume that 3 seconds should be a good value.

Ah okay. I was using setVelocity straight away. I have noticed an effect on the ballistics, but I think it's not too bad. I'm not trying to do anything precise, just make the AI miss once in a while...