opendome

Keep crashing and getting UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

Since the last update whenever I launch arma, it will work for a  few minutes then freeze, resulting in the error UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI. I deleted my arma3.cfg but I still get the same error. Disabled steam overlay, have latest GPU driver, temps are fine.

Did some messing around and now I just got

0xC000096 status_privleged_instruction

Now its going back to the original UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI error

Hi opendome,

Just wanted to add - I'm getting a near identical issue here, although I haven't had an 0xC000096 error. I haven't played ArmA for a while, but since recently coming back I've been plagued by this random freezing when playing Battle Royale online. Sometimes I can play for hours without issue, or I have to keep restarting the game over and over to recover from freezes.

I've got an Nvidia GTX 970 (latest drivers) and Windows 10 64-bit. I've tried disabling steam overlay, and setting memory allocation to system in parameters.

Anyone had any luck with this problem?

23 hours ago, coldfragger said:

Hi opendome,

Just wanted to add - I'm getting a near identical issue here, although I haven't had an 0xC000096 error. I haven't played ArmA for a while, but since recently coming back I've been plagued by this random freezing when playing Battle Royale online. Sometimes I can play for hours without issue, or I have to keep restarting the game over and over to recover from freezes.

I've got an Nvidia GTX 970 (latest drivers) and Windows 10 64-bit. I've tried disabling steam overlay, and setting memory allocation to system in parameters.

Anyone had any luck with this problem?

You and I have the same card and OS and I haven't had this problem since before Apex. I can't swear I have the newest Nvidia driver, but it would be pretty recent.

Can you guys launch the game without mods ok for the most part? Gotta assume a bad mod or script is causing the crash and not Arma itself.

An update:

I tried:

- verifying integrity of game files via steam (all fine)

- checked my windows installation for corrupt files using sfc /scannow (all fine)

- updated my motherboard BIOS to the latest version, updated chipset drivers

- did a clean reinstall of my Gfx drivers to latest version

- ensured all settings in my BIOS are default (no overclocking of CPU / memory): CPU temp and Gfx temp are fine under load too.

After all this, I managed to play ArmA 3 for total of 4 hrs with no issue... assumed it was fine... and then BANG it freezes again, mid-game, followed by several more after trying to restart the game several times. :-(

I'm now trying without any mods enabled as suggested - will let you know how this goes. This issue seems to be completely random.

I can give a rapid update here:

Game froze again with all mods disabled. When this happened I tried to alt-tab out, but got stuck with black screen and no cursor. The only way out of this is to sign out (I use Windows 10) to force close the app, and then log back in.

I see no option but to give ArmA 3 another break for now...