Sign in to follow this  
midnightwyvern

Audio glitches I can't seem to chase down

While attempting to do the introductory campaign to figure out how to play the game (I only did a Zeus mission once not long after that DLC), and I innevitably end up getting what sounds like loud static after a certain combination of sounds I can't seem to pin down.  I've tried reducing maximum audio channels in-game and that doesn't seem to be doing anything.

UPDATE: I just had the extremely loud static come in again during a cutscene in a Little Bird, and as soon as the game transitioned from that scene to the helicopter being landed and me being able to control my character again, the static stopped.  Getting right up underneath the helicopter didn't make it come back.

Edited by midnightwyvern
More information

What's your sound equipment? Virtual surround? 64-bit only?

1 hour ago, St. Jimmy said:

What's your sound equipment? Virtual surround? 64-bit only?

Yes to both.  Though judging by my last session when the game was hitching up entirely, it might not just be audio.

Some earlier topics because this issue is likely related

Check some of the feedback tracker links and give some comments about your equipment, drivers, PC specs, OS and so on that could help.

For some something like downloading 64-bit version of Logitech Gaming Software has worked, some had upgraded from FX series CPU/MB to some newer and so on.

I've been posting on this topic for the past week whenever I see it pop up. You'll see I've replied to both of St. Jimmy's linked posts .

This is what is happening to me, and I've linked it to my headset.

So I'm wondering are you using a Logitech headset? Most of the people who are having this issue are Logitech headset users. 

I have the same bug with my Plantronics RIG 500 HD Headset! :evil: