Sign in to follow this  
Foghail

Erratic Server Listing - all ports set correct

Having issues with an Arma 3 server cluster - some users have no issues at all seeing the server and connecting - other users can't find them - some users see one not the other. Any Help would be appreciated - if you need more details for diagnosis let me know what you need.

Server 1 Arma 3 - Exile - OCP

Server 4 Arma 3 - Exile

Server 1 Ports are set to 2402-2410 UDP - Local and Remote

Server 1 Process - Set All All All

Server 4 Ports are set to 2442-2450 UDP - Local and Remote

Server 4 Process - Set All All All

Running Windows Server 2012 - All firewall rules are mirrored UDP Internal & External 

In the regular users its an insta list on Favorites and Recent

On Semi Issue Users - No Favorite or Recent - shows in Server list - Internet Search from the Arma 3 Launcher

and on the Problematic Issue Users - its not even showing up in the internet search after 6000 servers.

servers only use 4 ports so have no idea why your setting it up for 8

Maybe you need to revisit the port section in the tutorial thread in this forum

What I did find after the 64 bit exe came out was that I also needed to add a rule for the actual 64 bit binary as well (And I still dont know why)

where is your server?

i saw i similar issue, it was caused by a firewall setup on server ip by provider (ovh)

On 04/04/2017 at 11:42 AM, tRiKy_ch said:

where is your server?

i saw i similar issue, it was caused by a firewall setup on server ip by provider (ovh)

He is right.

I've seen people not being able to see nor connect because of the provider firewall config (or routing config).

However it was on the default port.

Note that if your provider has an anti ddos thing it is possibly dropping every udp packets until a tcp connection is initialized. Don't ask me why but it is weird af.

3 hours ago, harmdhast said:

He is right.

I've seen people not being able to see nor connect because of the provider firewall config (or routing config).

However it was on the default port.

Note that if your provider has an anti ddos thing it is possibly dropping every udp packets until a tcp connection is initialized. Don't ask me why but it is weird af.

very very weird, from my home ip a can connect to rcon only if i previos logged on ssh, else if i try it from my mobile (it has another ip class) it connect every time 8-)