This is a very early peak of the Island, at this time we have a low res terrain texture map. The map is one of the largest in Arma 3 at this point (thank god for 64bit). The map is 1,430 km² at 1:1  It takes traveling in a F-16 1060KM around the island about 8 minutes and over 13 minutes in a RHS blackhawk from the West point to the East point traveling an average speed of 225km. We are getting at this point 90frames.

Our modest team is learning while we go... that means lots of testing to make sure our frames stay very low. -04.01.2017---18.27.10_1491101700.jpg

-04.01.2017---18.28.48_1491101706.jpg

-04.01.2017---19.17.57_1491101726.jpg

• Like 4

Nice to see mountainous maps slowly showing up!

1060km around the map? Are you sure? With 1430km² the map should be somewhere around 37km x 37km.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Nice to see mountainous maps slowly showing up!

1060km around the map? Are you sure? With 1430km² the map should be somewhere around 37km x 37km.

Cheers

I guess what he means is that it takes 8 minutes for you to travel around the island if you are flying at a speed of 1060km/h

• Like 1

Correct at the speed of 1060km around the island.

We are creating highly detailed Airports and Heliports for AFS Kauai.
Sample Update
This is the civilian airport LIHUE, we decided to turn it into a full out Military Air Port.

Notice the extra runways and tarmac.

airport_1489868703_1491102041.jpg

Added two more runways

airport1_1024_1491102081.jpg

• Like 11

Very cool.  I've flown around the island several times and made numerous trips to Barking Sands for weapon dets.  This will be a great addition, especially with the new Tanoa assets.

• Like 3

Very sorry for not updating everyone... we have been working on the high res textures and its taking for ever making sure everything looks good... a lot of photoshop :) We are also working on some building assets and some apex editor Symbols for Aviation. This is going to be a map that will finally give us the finish touches of teaching advanced flight at Arma Flight School. We are updating all of our curricula so that it matches the FAA training. Were hoping we will teach 30 percent of the curricula for a Airman certificate. 

I've flown to Lihue many a time. Then fueled up and immediately returned to Wheeler AAF on Oahu. I never did get to eat lunch at Duke's or carve the canyons. I really missed out. But I digress. This looks really promising, how big is the cell size of the terrain?

• Like 1