Redphoenix

RHS: M1 Abrams vs. T-55A

rhs_logos1pgsdb.png

Today we want to present you an addition to our Red Hammer Studios modset that is wanted by a lot of players:

Fight with the Mighty American M1 Abrams against the Sturdy Russian T-55A in fierce battles. Show in intense Player versus Player fights your capability to command a tank and prevail over your enemy

What can you expect?
- Highly realistic tank exteriors and interiors

- Fully modeled tracks and suspension

- Full capabilty with all other RHS mods

- Custom FCS

- Highly modded PhysX to allow extreme precise movement.

This mod clearly meant to be played PvP only! The AI cannot cope with the features we implemented!

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2wWyxI4mG0iSFpiLXZTTUpBSFE/view?usp=sharing

It contains server keys as well. It requires RHS:AFRF and RHS:USAF to run!

Credits:

- Models and PhysX: RedPhoenix

- Inejction and Configs: da12Monkey

- Final Tweaks: reyhard

Have fun!

• Like 33

This mod made arma so much more fun for me. Previously the RHS tanks had a serious problem with American bias, the M1 tanks just steamrolled the T-55As. Not a Problem anymore! No you can really appreciate the glorious curves of the T55 without fearing an unbalanced experience. I am really glad that RHS went to extra mile and made the vehicles equal in capability. No more unnecessary so called "realism" *ugh*

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

the M1 tanks just steamrolled the T-55As.

As they should do, the M1A1 has a far superior Fire Control system and Main Armament over the T54/55.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, road runner said:

As they should do, the M1A1 has a far superior Fire Control system and Main Armament over the T54/55.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, flippy_rage said:

April fools?

rhs is a serious bunch, so surely we couldn't joke with this stuff

• Like 8

I tried, and indeed, it is a very balanced and realistic PvP mod. Waiting for more updates such as the M60A1.

• Like 1

This is one of the best mods to date, absolutely love it!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lumnuon said:

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm curious as to why you removed the little clown emoticon ?

I'm also curious as to how those who agree with you come to the conclusion that I don't actually know what I'm talking about. Rest assured, I am well versed in the capabilities of both vehicles destroying MBT's was my old job back in the day. :f:

• Like 3

This hurts my soul. I would love a properly textured T-55 and old school M1 Abrams. Damn you, April Fools.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, road runner said:

I'm curious as to why you removed the little clown emoticon ?

I'm also curious as to how those who agree with you come to the conclusion that I don't actually know what I'm talking about. Rest assured, I am well versed in the capabilities of both vehicles destroying MBT's was my old job back in the day. :f:

Just wanted to keep the appearance up, my comment was never intended to be taken serious in any form. Don´t worry I do not believe that the T-55 is in any form capable of competing with any modern MBT (I need to laugh just thinking about it) nor am I interested in starting an unnecessary argument to get at you. I apologize if I offended you in any way.

• Like 1

Yeah no worries LOL ,it's like comparing a chihuahua to a Rottweiler

• Like 2

PFFF... this mod is shit and unbalanced AF and here's why:

you obviously haven't served in GLORIOUS RUSSIAN ARMED FORCES that HAVE NO ANALOGUES in the whole world!!111!!!

T-55 should be at leas twice as fast since it ought to have the magic auto-loader of EVERYTHING, incl. depleted-vodka-stabilised-bear-assisted rounds!

Also should be lighter, since CNN claims russians are starving, so crew is lighter, and thus tank go fast and can swim!

Also make M1 Abrum slower, since all US crew should be at least 3x fatter and over-encumbered with hamburgers in the inventory!

Now that's a PvP balanced and realistic gameplay I like! You know nothing so just do as i say! :evil:

Чики-брики и в армию мать вашу! За Ленина, за водку, за медведя!

• Like 9

One of the greatest and most realistic Mods i´ve ever played, thanks a lot. Now i can finally delete StealBeast. This Mod is the far better simulation.

• Like 5

After years of wanting, waiting, crying out for RHS to finally focus on proper, PVP-balanced assets, I'm pleased to see the team finally taking steps in the right direction.

So long I've suffered through unbalanced assets, so long I've barely contained my horror as I struggled to understand how developers who pride themselves on 'realism' could have gotten balance so horribly, painfully wrong. In the nights I've laid, weeping openly, as a mod I wanted to love failed time and time again to see the balance that was so clear, so obvious to me! Apaches that didn't operate exactly like Hinds, Bradleys that failed to match the might and fury of the BMP-1! As I watched Su-25s fail to equip mavericks, witnessed the true terror of artillery assets that weren't just MBT hulls with same-y turrets strapped on and different camo, I cried out to dark and forbidden gods that this could no longer be so! All must be clad in the same remote turret, Iranians must use Israeli arms for some reason, all drones must be the same drone!

I've done things in the name of balance. Horrible, monstrous things. The screams haunt me, the wailing and chanting in long-dead languages as I held aloft my copy of American Sniper and lashed myself with bungee cords, kneeling in mechanix gloves before an idol to the defense blogs and Facebook pages that speak to me their truths of balance! PvP, glorious and terrible PvP is the only truth! The lies of cooperation, the hateful falsehoods of mission balance over asset balance, they must be shorn away like knotted, fraying wool of so many sheep made high-speed and low-drag before mighty balance! Only when we understand that all must be the same, all must be one, all must act in similar manner no matter the intended role or actual capabilities, only then will we be free in our servitude to the endless grey, the perfectly generic truth that is balance!

esaelp pleh em siht parc saw os drah ot etirw!!!!!

• Like 12

In congratulating the RHS Team for the release, I'm pleased to announce that Rolling Thunder #20 will use the new models just released. The best way to celebrate the twentieth edition! Check it out here

• Like 7

First, thanks RHS for another great Mod.

BUT I found a BUG!!!! In first person  I don't have a crosshair!!! Fix it!!! It's so easy to fix it!!!

And I have a request!!!! So make in the next release!!!!

It would be moar realistic to have by the T55 a automatic canon!!!! Because I looked at wiki that the T55 have 1000 rounds per second!!!!

And when is next release?????

:SpiningDemon:Sorry I want to make a Joke! Nice April fool RHS!

• Like 1

A friend of mine, who served in the russian army, told me that T-55s have a big photonic autocannon, not that child sized cannon. Can you correct it and bring it closer to more "balanced realistic" standards please ?

Jokes aside, me and my friends had a lot of fun messing around with this mod. RHS Team, you're the best! (I still love you guys, even if you can't balance your mods *insert trollface here*) :f:

Honestly this mod is so unbalanced, it's like you guys don't even care about PvE and instead just focus on PvP. Please fix it thanks. 

• Like 3

I was beginning to lose faith in the RHS team but I now see that they have gotten their act together. THIS is Proper combat, like we've been waiting for all along. I can only hope they extend such revamping to every single one of their assets so they can finally function realistically, which shouldn't be hard or time consuming at all. There's no excuse for such slow, lazy work ethic for all the things I deserve, need, and am entitled to from them in exchange for absolutely nothing, but maybe this is the harbinger of change. Splendid!

/s

• Like 4

It's a good start, but I'm finding it totally imbalanced.
The M1's reload should be two seconds longer while it is on the move, as it is without an auto-loader.
Totally game-breaking, and exploitable.
I also noticed that the individual tank treads slightly clip into eachother when they move, and frankly it totally shatters my immersion and my unit won't accept anything but the best.
Sorry, we gave it a try, but we'll stick with Massi.
Cheers.

• Like 4