Sign in to follow this  
brsseb

The vertex named "zamreny" in memory lod

Hi

Just wondered what the vertex "zamerny" in mem lod is good for and I have thought of this: Since most configfiles have this:

class ViewOptics: ViewOpticsBase

{

initAngleX=0; minAngleX=-170; maxAngleX=+20;

initAngleY=90; minAngleY=+20; maxAngleY=+170;

initFov=0.7; minFov=0.42; maxFov=0.85;

};

class ViewGunner

{

initAngleX=0; minAngleX=-170; maxAngleX=+20;

initAngleY=90; minAngleY=+20; maxAngleY=+170;

};

class ViewPilot

{

initAngleX=5; minAngleX=-20; maxAngleX=35;

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-90; maxAngleY=90;

};

class ViewCargo

{

initAngleX=5; minAngleX=-30; maxAngleX=30;

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-180; maxAngleY=180;

};

Then my guess is that all these coordinates are relative to the point zamerny in mem lod. if this true? Or am I wrong here (like the coord. being relative to the model origo or center of gravity). Anyone?

Brsseb (ofp.info/brsseb)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brsseb @ Nov. 06 2002,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just wondered what the vertex "zamerny" in mem lod is good for and I have thought of this: Since most configfiles have this:<span id='postcolor'>

"zamerny" could be translated as "where to aim". It is the position AI units aim at when aiming.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then my guess is that all these coordinates are relative to the point zamerny in mem lod. if this true? Or am I wrong here (like the coord. being relative to the model origo or center of gravity). Anyone?

<span id='postcolor'>

All those coordinates are angles relative to given viewer position.

Moving to Addon Config & Scripting smile.gif

Suma, you mentioned that it is the position that AI units use when aiming. By this I presume this means one of two things.

Either:

i) It is the position on the weapon/vehicle being made that enemy AI units aim at

or:

ii)A predefined point relative to the mod being made at which AI units driving or acting as gunners in the vehicle look at while they have no target

This would help clarify things a bit wink.gif

i) is correct. Example - Jeep:

The point "zamerny" is where driver sits. As a result AI opponents aim to kill the driver.