So i'm trying to make a short video in Arma using the BIS_fnc_UnitCapture command. So far so good, i've record several vehicles to populate my scene making it come alive and i am executing it all from init.sqf.

The problem i am running into is that i have a cup vehicle (BlackHawk) flying over that i want to fire from the turret with. I've already recorded the flight pattern, now i want to record the turret movement and fire so i can actually record my scene. No matter what i set a trigger to record, it doesn't actually record the movement of the BlackHawk turret. I've tried recording the movement from the actual vehicle using rec = [BH_1,180,60] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitCapture; and using the soldier which is sitting there rec = [BH_Gunner,180,60] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitCapture;

If i record rec = [BH_1,180,60] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitCapture; it records the gun trigger, but not the movement of said turret. If i do rec = [BH_Gunner,180,60] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitCapture; it records pretty much nothing other than the heli velocity, movement etc.

Anyone out there familiar with BIS_fnc_UnitCapture that can tell me how to record a gun turret placement in a vehicle for scenes?

Possibly use dotarget or similar, that should lock it in pretty tightly once the velocity and position are recorded

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

You could manually record the position where your crosshair aims at with

screenToWorld

and then if you doin your playback then you could use an invisible target at the recorded positions and advice the AI to aim and shoot this target

1 hour ago, sarogahtyp said:

I never used those capture commands but maybe this helps:

BIS_fnc_UnitCaptureFiring

BIS_fnc_UnitPlayFiring

UnitCapture already has this function and works better. I've searched the wiki and googled extensively before coming here. Just not a lot of clues to find.

1 hour ago, mrsandbox said:

Recording the movement of the turret is not possible. 

That seems kind of odd seeing i can record all kinds of movement of units and vehicles. Are you sure there isn't a specific position in a vehicle i can specify to record this?

30 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

You could manually record the position where your crosshair aims at with

screenToWorld

and then if you doin your playback then you could use an invisible target at the recorded positions and advice the AI to aim and shoot this target

The target is a moving car, i'd have to do a lot of manual recording then to make it look remotely "real" :(

I understand i can use code to lock the gun on the car (not sure how but i know i can), but i'm an amateur here. I saw a neat function in arma that gave me ideas of a fun short movie as all i needed was to record my own movements, slap it all together and then just record using a camera. Preferably with minimal amount of putting together small snippets of scripts.

17 minutes ago, B4rryBl4ck said:

The target is a moving car, i'd have to do a lot of manual recording then to make it look remotely "real" :(

If your target is just a moving car then u dont need to record anything manually.

Using doTarget or a similar command  as mentioned above should do the job the AI will target it and fire if it should do so.

Thank you all for the answers. I am rather sad that i couldn't record myself shooting though. The vehicle fire is meant to kind of be all over the place as a normal player would be while chasing another vehicle. I'll figure a way to work around it :)

• Like 1

I have the same issue with A-10 from RHS. I can record the movement data but firing data just stays an empty array. My 2 cents it is the issue with the model.