LookitsDante

Audio Issues and Stuttering

I have been experiencing audio issues that seem tied to vehicles. I have attempted all troubleshooting and solutions I could find online that solved previous widespread audio problems, but am at a stand still now. 

Just wondering, are you using a Logitech headset? 

On another thread I posted a video of my issue. Here is the video I made for them.

I built my computer and my buddy's computer and other than our graphics cards and headsets they are the same. (His is a 770, mine is a 1070 GPUs) 

Since the 64 bit update I've have your sound issue. 

System stats
WIndows 7
AMD FX 6350 (6x 3.90 GHz)

Geforce 1070 
16Gbs of DD3 RAM

Logitech G633 headset
7200 Harddrive

Now I've narrowed my issue to the Logitech headset (as my video shows), but not everyone with a Logitech has this bug. 

How to replicate issue.
1) 1st person flying

2) 1st person in building

3) Own a Logitech Headset with Logitech software with 7.1 USB

How I've fixed it:
1) I used my TV's audio.

2) Switched back to 32 bit operating. 

3) Noth'n else. 

Here's what I've tested.
1) Reinstalled Audio drivers, (But they are that dumb Logitech all-in-one software.)
2) Verified game files. 

3) switched to another Logitech headset (Currently using the G633, I have my old G35's) Both have the bug. 

4) Turned it off, and back on again.

5) write posts on forums. 

If you experience stuttering during scenes with a lot of sound effects after the 1.54 update, you can try configuring your Windows sound Default Format to 16 bit, 44100 Hz as a temporary work-around.

• Like 1

I have had the same Audio issues for months now with no fix found. I Tried Re Installing Windows, Arma (multiple times),Disabled the logitech software.,Switched Audio quality to CD quality,Same issue in 32bit as well 64bit. I was sure it was related to the Logitech Headset/software (and i'm pretty sure some  Astro models uses the same Headphone drivers as Logitech also),but I'm currently using a Shure stereo headphones with no software needed  and a Audio Technica mic. So it's freaking annoying that this issue can't be resolved by whatever is causing it. And the stutter and freezes are INSANE in a Armored vehicle Heli etc when the action get intense. And since our community uses 1pp the 3pp solution is a no go for me,plus I feel 3pp is not very good in Arma but that's beside the point. Is there anyway to collect a log of a gameplay session (kinda like a crash report) that I can send inn to Bohemia? So hopefully they or someone that's smarter then me can go through and pinpoint the issue? All advice is GREATLY appreciated. Also the issue is there with OR without mods activated.  :down:

For Trust GXT 340 7.1 usb headset
On an FX 6300 oc'ed to 4.5ghz and an msi rx 470 8g

Ok! I fixed this by activating Dolby Access in windows 10 (sound device properties) 
after the install I immediately launched arma 3 and got into the fixed wing showcase.
First-person in the quad was flawless as was the a10!
No deafening sound or fps tank! ♥♥♥♥♥♥ thing is its €18 after the 30day trail. Works GREAT though! 
The surround is more accurate too :D

Edit. 

X64 

Unmodded and with just mcc.

Edited by GrassFed
Addition

Incraven, I have a chroma tiamat 7.1 with a sound blaster x-fi xtreme audio card and I have this very same problem with both arma 3 and dayz sa. =( It seems all our computers have in common is I m also running a amd cpu but a fx-9590. If I turn on the spatial sound from windows it fixes it like Grassfed said about dolby but it puts my speakers in 2.1. Switching from 64bit to 32bit under parameters also fixes the problem.

It is the same thing with Arma 2/3/Dayz SA and I can confirm its a headset problem, no problem with my tv. Wish so badly there was a fix because its almost game breaking when I can not hear inside buildings 1st or 3rd or 1st person in any vehicles and my frames drop to 0. It's not like I bought some cheap headset or using a beat up old one either it is barley 6 months old. Something has to be going on with 7.1 headsets because the Logitech G633 is also 7.1 like the tiamat 7.1 v2 I am using. Swear I remember having this prob on the arma2 dayz mod with my tiamat 7.1 v1 and fixed it in sound properties some how but not sure. Tried all the options in the sound properties under my audio device and I have tried turning off and on all sound mixing and effect stuff.  Any ideas?    

D= 

It's a long known problem with USB headsets.