Sign in to follow this  
fonzieboss

XCAM to Terrain Builder problem

Hello! So I am doing my own remake to Kelley's Island, however when I import objects on top of like a bridge kinda from XCAM this is what happens: 

(It does this when I both export and import it as absolute and relative height)

9fe343066698afe7972a76108f185653.png

yep that's correct as the fences have the slopelandcontact which means they are trying to follow the land contour underneath them 

On 2017-03-30 at 4:08 AM, Auss said:

yep that's correct as the fences have the slopelandcontact which means they are trying to follow the land contour underneath them 

How do I fix this?

you cant unless you have the unbinarized objects to remove the properties

29 minutes ago, Auss said:

you cant unless you have the unbinarized objects to remove the properties

Ahh rip! Any ideas of something else I can use as a bridge with attached fences?

You can try other objects or other fences. Not all of them have this slopelandcontact (especially the vanilla A3-Objects usually work well or you use some from CUP). Its just a metter of finding out which object has this attribute and which not. No there is no list about it.

I suggest: just place different fences/walls on the bridge, compare the results and select those that stay aligned. (Or use the regular bridges available like the ones from tanoa))

the easiest way to test is grab a fence in Xcam and move it over an uneven surface, if it slopes to the angle of the land below it then its no good for you to use. 

On 02.04.2017 at 1:48 AM, Auss said:

the easiest way to test is grab a fence in Xcam and move it over an uneven surface, if it slopes to the angle of the land below it then its no good for you to use. 

no. slope effect is turned off in x-cam by default on any object ignoring object config. The rignt way is to test fences and walls in TB.