As we know the british millsim groups are missing the MAN fleet of cargo trucks so I decided to start making them so what I have got planed is.

MAN HX 6 tonne 

Flatbed, cargo open, cargo closed, ammo, fuel.

MAN HX 9 tonne

Flatbed, cargo open, cargo closed, ammo, fuel.

MAN HX 15 tonne

Flatbed, cargo open, cargo closed, ammo, fuel, DROPS/EPLS, REBS.

MAN SX 15 tonne, Flatbed

and the MAN SX Recovery Lorry

plus I will make Left hand drive variants in there as well

2WRpWN8.png

dtm0ikk.png

• Like 30

This is awesome, seeing that you plan to create a left hand drive version as well, contacting the BWMod team might be a good idea (only if you are interested in being worshipped by the german speaking part of the community :f:) .

• Like 1

Hey! I'm looking forward to this! We are using those vehicles in the Danish army as well

26 minutes ago, Mansee said:

Hey! I'm looking forward to this! We are using those vehicles in the Danish army as well

maybe I will look in to have different textures for the countries that operate with this type of vehicle

On 29/03/2017 at 6:01 PM, lumnuon said:

This is awesome, seeing that you plan to create a left hand drive version as well, contacting the BWMod team might be a good idea (only if you are interested in being worshipped by the german speaking part of the community :f:) .

I do know the British forces use both left and right hand drive, plus its a german truck and I think it would be a little rude if I left them out

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, J. McMerry said:

maybe I will look in to have different textures for the countries that operate with this type of vehicle

That would be very nice

• Like 1

Just going to drop these here

BALT1up.png

aku8rBo.png

• Like 15

Looks great,will these have any way to put stuff on there,working hoist?

10 hours ago, john1 said:

Looks great,will these have any way to put stuff on there,working hoist?

Not at the moe but adding HIAB Crane would be a challange to get working in game.

but for the mean time Im going to have a look at how to mimic the loading/unloading of a vehicle from the MK10LCU that burnes15th made.

Can you not use the Vehicle in Vehicle loading function now built into the game engine?

Perhaps with the addition of a Roadway LOD, so you could drive the vehicle to be transported up onto the rear bed using an animated ramp, then 'load' it into the MAN Truck so you can drive off without things exploding in a mad PhysX way.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UK_Apollo said:

Can you not use the Vehicle in Vehicle loading function now built into the game engine?

Perhaps with the addition of a Roadway LOD, so you could drive the vehicle to be transported up onto the rear bed, then 'load' it into the MAN Truck so you can drive off without things exploding in a mad PhysX way.

thanks apollo I forgot about that but I was thinking of more for crates and ammo boxes.

Are you making an interior of the truck? In my unit we are playing in first person, so a detailed interior would be nice

Yes the is a interior, but Im not happy on how it looks im going to make it modular to help me with the left handed drive variants.

here's a pic of the old one I model made

8zOgHwt.png

Edited by J. McMerry
woops spelling
  • Like 3

just a thought re the crane arm but would it not be possible to use the bohemia helicopter sling load functions to lift objects ? Wouldn't it be exactly the same ?

can't wait to get these in game- are you planning to do ammo / fuel versions ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sentryuk said:

can't wait to get these in game- are you planning to do ammo / fuel versions ?

+1 this would be absolutely crucial for any sustained operations, especially when using the ACE refuel!

Yes I will need to make them, as it's on the long to do list and I will edit my with the variants that I'm planing to make.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J. McMerry said:

Yes I will need to make them, as it's on the long to do list and I will edit my with the variants that I'm planing to make.

Thanks for the speedy answer. Sounds awesome, thanks!