mikephoenix

[WIP] Virtus Body Armour System

I think 16aa use a slightly modified version of the mtp camo .paa for their in-house mods. We've worked with them closely in the past, but there is probably now a few modifications on any number of things. I'm not sure what texture Mike is using. It is certainly lighter than our current one, which was adjusted after Apex came out as it was too bright against the jungle. It might be a custom one he's made, a 16aa made one, or a pre-Apex version of ours. I can't say for sure looking at it.

What iv used is different to anything 16AA have used in the past, Current colours are darker than currently used, as i noticed in some references images from the British Army it was a lot darker than previously used by most parties in arma. But saying that the brightness of the pattern can easily be tweaked in the final version, at this time im more bothered about the mesh weighting and configing right and working in game.

• Like 2

I do have one question, will you make different variants that have different pouch and webbing configurations? Sort of similar to how 3CB have done theirs

J. Adams - Maybe read the description?

"Various configurations to suit certain roles."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flynn [4thIB] said:

J. Adams - Maybe read the description?

"Various configurations to suit certain roles."

Apologies, must have missed it when I was skimming through the thread

The Webbing/glasses has had a road test on 2 MP missions without error, still need to address the stretching across the shoulders of the body Armour due to being busy with work. Pretty sure ur not supposed to post stuff like "any news on this?" it will be ready when its ready!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jdownward said:

Any news on this??

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Please don't ask for updates as it counted of spam on these forums. If your unsure, please check out the forum rules

Last few days iv been tweaking the weighting and spending some time on the camo colours, creeping ever closer to a beta release. The jungle style webbing is pretty much ready to go, Im also gunna include my boonies as part of the release!

qvb1UoE.jpg

IVsibTP.jpg

• Like 10

Hey Mike.

if you need testers, look me up at 3para-gu.com 

LooP

Because that's how it's shown in the manufactures included material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

Because that's how it's shown in the manufactures included material

Just had a flick through the Pam; you're right. Fair one.

The vest and beltkit are looking spot on so far. Any plans to include non VIRTUS beltkit with the vest as well?

Show me some pictures of what you are thinking of and I can take it into consideration, I'm just a 3D guy not an expert

This is sick, had one of the Virtus helmets at AFC Harrogate, it's very accurate GG man!

Update....... 

So iv fixed the weighting issue iv been having, this means im hoping to release a beta of the basic load out hopefully by the end of next week at the earliest. Once this happens il will be working on some variants to start building up the pack, starting with a 148 radio in a pouch with a folded up ariel!! keep checking back here as il be posting WIP shots as I go along

• Like 11

Right gents, im setting up various uniform patches for the release, what would you like to see gunna start with 1,2,3,4 Para. 16CSMR.....anyothers you'd like to see add them to this post, any reference material of the patches to help is  much appreciated!

z1rmi4y.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe (as an idea) you could make the different brigade flashes accessible through the virtual arsenal insignias and then have your regular Regimental flashes as separate uniforms? It would allow milsim units to use the uniforms without having to create custom uniforms 

just a thought :)

To rely on that alone u wouldnt be able to maximise the use of the space, end of the day the uniforms are an added bonus and wernt in my original scope, units are free to use any of what I release or not and make their own. In the future I am planning on doing my own custom base uniform so I don't have to rely on retextuing vanilla uniforms. I will be releasing the uniform psd so those who want to can customise to suit!

• Like 2

Hey man, looks nice. Will you be making variants without the Virtus webbing so it's just the vest. Also will there be variants without pouches etc?

Like this image below, might give you ideas of diff variants :rthumb: 

CgopkUmU8AAWWmq.jpg