masonddg87

Will the F/A-181 Black Wasp have Variants

Before I ask the question about BI having variants for the F/A-181, I must point out something that frustrate's me about the release of an naval fighter without BI providing a proper landing platform for the crafts. Don't get me wrong, I love that BI has spent time and energy developing the Black Wasp II and Sentinel II for the community. From the beginning BI has focused its energies on land warfare, but through the years a section of the community has asked for more naval assets to accommodate the land warfare experience. As of to date here is where we are for ArmA 3. For the NATO Navy/Marine Corps we have the F/A-181 Black Wasp II, Sentinel II UCAV, SDV, Special Operation Divers (SEALs, Force Recon), and the AMV-7 Marshal. While there are no support platform to lunch from or to recover to. Yes there are mods of an aircraft carriers and amphibious ships. While one comes from ArmA 2, the other is from the community. Still they are not up to standards for the ArmA 3 platform. Due to ArmA 3 being set in the 2030's, the Ford Class CVN should be the mainstay of aircraft carriers for the U.S. Hopefully there will be more naval assets in future productions, but as always that looks bleak if we are to use the past as a road map for this outlook.  

Now for the question. Will BI provide both single and two seat variants of the F/A-181? What do you guys think?

I suggest you give this thread a look over. From the speculation of the community, I'd say by the looks of it, there may be an aircraft carrier in the works... This comment mostly gives pretty good evidence. 

I doubt there will be a two seater if we haven't seen it yet, that kind of thing requires the ground work to be set in from the start of modelling phase.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, masonddg87 said:

Before I ask the question about BI having variants for the F/A-181, I must point out something that frustrate's me about the release of an naval fighter without BI providing a proper landing platform for the crafts. Don't get me wrong, I love that BI has spent time and energy developing the Black Wasp II and Sentinel II for the community. From the beginning BI has focused its energies on land warfare, but through the years a section of the community has asked for more naval assets to accommodate the land warfare experience. As of to date here is where we are for ArmA 3. For the NATO Navy/Marine Corps we have the F/A-181 Black Wasp II, Sentinel II UCAV, SDV, Special Operation Divers (SEALs, Force Recon), and the AMV-7 Marshal. While there are no support platform to lunch from or to recover to. Yes there are mods of an aircraft carriers and amphibious ships. While one comes from ArmA 2, the other is from the community. Still they are not up to standards for the ArmA 3 platform. Due to ArmA 3 being set in the 2030's, the Ford Class CVN should be the mainstay of aircraft carriers for the U.S. Hopefully there will be more naval assets in future productions, but as always that looks bleak if we are to use the past as a road map for this outlook.  

Now for the question. Will BI provide both single and two seat variants of the F/A-181? What do you guys think?

As cool as two seats are (trust me, I've wanted them too, since Alpha, and none came to fruition), they won't be used by most people. People are usually soloing and only have two people if they're forces to have a gunner due to a weapon not being available to the pilot. Most fighters are single seat, and with the DLC being centered around fighters, it's unlikely. However, CUP still has a few two seats including a Buzzard replica with a second seat.

Will be great an optional startup procedure like Take On Helicopters, Ya know easy just a few buttoms there and there, BUT also have the option for a more advanced startup, Wich includes a little tutorial for each startup, I mean like the advanced helicopter options.