Silos

Template - Silos' North Altis Oil Rig V2

Hi Guys,

After looking at some of the brilliant inspiration on youtube and steam by Nikoleav and Xcino, (and an awesome rig by Luger from last year) I decided my original rig just didn't cut it.

This one is complete from vanilla and apex assets, meaning it will work with almost any community.

It is >4x larger than my previous rig and puts it on a similar scale to Xcino's V2.

Features include:

• The structure can be accessed from any one of the 4 struts and gives unique bottlenecks at each one.
  • Multiple office structures and pump areas plus service pipelines to new locations.
  • HUGE level of verticality with multiple 'decks' and sight lines.
  • A secret location for SF ops.
  • A full size helipad and lighting for even the largest of transports.
  • A sensible amount of lighting to assist immersive night ops, (turn dynamic lights up to ULTRA)
  • AND FINALLY, I have added 4 changable respawn points that place players onto the four struts. Good for PVP or curated/role play elements.

Obviously AI will struggle to navigate the thing, but the pathing isn't the worst.

Use it / alter it as you see fit but let me know of you make any videos, please credit me if you want to re-release it in something else.

Anyway have fun. and if you like this sort of thing, drop in the CPM at or our teamspeak at ts1.cornishpastymen.co.uk:9993

Download HERE

mEZl4bT.jpg

rjrovSA.jpg

aZzYMWm.jpg

hNMrccQ.jpg

• Like 7

The oil rig is absolutely fantastic!  About the secret area:

Spoiler

Is it the area in between the containers, with the stairs?  I just had to find out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Savage_Donkey said:

The oil rig is absolutely fantastic!  About the secret area:

Reveal hidden contents

Is it the area in between the containers, with the stairs?  I just had to find out.

Ha, wow, you must have been searching for a while! Nice job!

let me know if you use it in a mission!

Dude, 

How do I use this? I have subscribed to it on steam and can't find the mission to use it. Or find it if it's in the editor. Can't find instructions anywhere either. First looked at the Download file from armaholic then checked here like you recommended lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dark SudoNix said:

Dude, 

How do I use this? I have subscribed to it on steam and can't find the mission to use it. Or find it if it's in the editor. Can't find instructions anywhere either. First looked at the Download file from armaholic then checked here like you recommended lol

Download the .7z off of Armaholic and extract the file folder (SilosOilrigV2.Altis) to your Documents\Arma 3\missions folder where you should see other mission folders.  Launch the Eden editor, hit open, and select the mission.  It should then load the mission in Tanoa for you to use.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2017 at 1:43 PM, Savage_Donkey said:

Download the .7z off of Armaholic and extract the file folder (SilosOilrigV2.Altis) to your Documents\Arma 3\missions folder where you should see other mission folders.  Launch the Eden editor, hit open, and select the mission.  It should then load the mission in Tanoa for you to use.

thanks dude. 

Thank you, Silos. This thing looks absolutely fantastic! I'm currently trying my hand at working up a mission utilizing it.

I've tried a couple of garrison/occupy scripts but the dumb AI won't cooperate. I think I'll just manually

place them and leave it at that. ;)

Regards, Odd

• Like 1

Holy mother.  That is amazingly cool.

-k 

• Like 1

@Silos Here it is 🙂

A co-op mission made using the OP's silo build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1