Sign in to follow this  
pakitoesp

FPS drops when i look to my building

I've created this building pack (Ported 12 buildings from 3D models turbosquid) and I have a problem. Whenever I look to them, the framerate drops. Ive created buildings before and I had no problem with them. The new buildings in the pack have less than 30.000 faces and the RPT doesn't show any non covex geometry errors or any error . Somebody knows the reason?? Thanks

02ad0bd6b5c3420b52c8592c128aa18e.png

• Like 1

how do you generate your shadows for this particular building? and why do you have 114 sections?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PuFu said:

how do you generate your shadows for this particular building? and why do you have 114 sections?

Shadows are very simple generated from a cube in blender ,and sections i imported with the 3D model 

Edit : find this post , try to delete sections firts ty 

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/201948-windows-and-sections/  

d4fd9520c65e1bc459cf5e467e1a1da2.png

9 hours ago, pakitoesp said:

Shadows are very simple generated from a cube in blender ,and sections i imported with the 3D model 

first culprit - section count

second culprit shadows - it is unlikely that you generate shadows only from that blob. i see no named properties in your visual lods. what are your named properties in your geo lod?

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

primero culpable - sección de cuenta

segundo sombras culpable - es poco probable que se genere sombras a partir de ese blob. No veo propiedades con nombre en sus Lods visuales. ¿cuáles son sus propiedades con nombre en su lod geo?

The visual lod of the samples A3 is empty, that's why I did not put anything here and the lod geo I have this :

578773e2edf0a7dcf2ba8a015cf1bc3f.png

as you can see there in your geo, you have preferred shadow volume 0, but there is no such lod SVLod 0, only 10. i cannot see how you have set your sbsource

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PuFu said:

as you can see there in your geo, you have preferred shadow volume 0, but there is no such lod SVLod 0, only 10. i cannot see how you have set your sbsource

It is true right now fix it, with the problem of the fps had not yet put attention to shadows , now I will fix everything and put my results here , thanks for your suport 

@PuFu Thanks :don12: my problem is fixed  , now al models works fine and nothing  FPS drops and all visual lods fixed, the shadows also work , very simple but work , is for a project multiplayer i need performance :down: ,  thanks to @Mickyleitor and @djotacon for your help for MP , thanks to everyone for the help  :drinking2:

b4df2d5af82ac7976977c2c300909f8a.jpg

95d1b72e8a44b3dd0b6c9b0b139df1dd.jpg

c5af7b9db9268e648e0433ae92efd0b3.jpg

• Like 1

Nice building... a great job!

I'm happy that you fixed the problem.

Spanish...

Un trabajo "im-presionante" me alegro de que se haya arreglado el problema