target_practice

setGroupOwner useability for headless client?

So far all guides on HC configuration that I have read state that relevant units must be spawned via script directly onto an HC as changing locality via setOwner does not retain waypoints, syncs, and other attributes.

However all of these guides seem to have been written prior to the introduction of setGroupOwner, which I have heard does transfer these things.

Is that true? And does that also mean that it is feasible to transfer units to HCs using only that command?

It appears that setgroupowner does retain the waypoints and syncs. However there appears to be a bug:

If the group owner is changed when the unit has finished one waypoint and is in the process of heading for the next one. In this situation its possible that the AI will revert back to its old waypoint and accomplish that again and then move to the next and correct waypoint.

Another issue (is/was) that when a group is militarized/garrisoned at various building positions, the units leave their building position and revert back to the default group formation when the ownership of a group changes.

You can overcome this by storing the units position (setVariable) and the reapply the position after the ownership of the unit/group changes.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, bumgie said:

It appears that setgroupowner does retain the waypoints and syncs. However there appears to be a bug:

If the group owner is changed when the unit has finished one waypoint and is in the process of heading for the next one. In this situation its possible that the AI will revert back to its old waypoint and accomplish that again and then move to the next and correct waypoint.

Hi, if the group is still in the way of doing the first way point and locality is changed, something strange happens?

I intend to create the group and waypoints on server and right after that transfer the group to the hc.

Have a look at FEN_A3 on the workshop it contains something called fen_AIS, you might find it a lot easier than messing around with transferring groups onto the HC.

fen_AIS will cache all the groups and vehicles at the beginning of the mission and spawn them back in as required, if an HC is attached to the mission it will automatically use it.

FEN_A3

On 3/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, fencr0c said:

Have a look at FEN_A3 on the workshop it contains something called fen_AIS, you might find it a lot easier than messing around with transferring groups onto the HC.

fen_AIS will cache all the groups and vehicles at the beginning of the mission and spawn them back in as required, if an HC is attached to the mission it will automatically use it.

FEN_A3

Thanks, but i would like to do it my self. All my AI are done by scripts, they are not placed in the editor.

If you're spawning everything by scripts, just run the scripts on the HC.