On 6/21/2018 at 5:52 AM, MK84 said:

It's for game balancing. :)

Thanks for the answer. I was curious if you guys were doing something that might be really slick and fun to implement.

13 hours ago, Nichols said:

Thanks for the answer. I was curious if you guys were doing something that might be really slick and fun to implement.

Hm... something like a static defibrillator... That's actually not that bad an idea...

• Like 1

I've successfully implemented a working stationary defibrillator. It can be placed in the editor or via zeus. Then you can approach it, use an activation action and then you'll have 12 seconds to go to your patient who might not be further away than 5 meters and use the AED action as if you had an AED in your inventory.

Only problem is: The only currently available model is the one from Land_Defibrillator_F. That's the same I use for the carryable AED. What I'd really like would be a defibrillator model like this one:

promocao-de-desfibrilador-e-cardioversor

Unfortunately I'm not a modeller at all. If anybody would volunteer something like this, I could include it for the stationary defibrillator.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 10:04 AM, Belbo said:

I've successfully implemented a working stationary defibrillator. It can be placed in the editor or via zeus. Then you can approach it, use an activation action and then you'll have 12 seconds to go to your patient who might not be further away than 5 meters and use the AED action as if you had an AED in your inventory.

Only problem is: The only currently available model is the one from Land_Defibrillator_F. That's the same I use for the carryable AED. What I'd really like would be a defibrillator model like this one:

promocao-de-desfibrilador-e-cardioversor

Unfortunately I'm not a modeller at all. If anybody would volunteer something like this, I could include it for the stationary defibrillator.

I've got a working model. It's an old style defib but it's still a lot cooler and more dramatic looking than the AED in game. You'll have to config it but apart from that it's good. I've editied it from someone elses model I've found online but as long as it's not for commercial use you're within the license. If I find a model of the lifepak 20 or a more modern one I'll link it here.

The pic's here:

http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-19373.html

I'll upload it to google drive, it's in a .p3d file but there's also a blender file in there. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uMscIReLB4lh6AhBWboNv2bPmCQd5Nm2

Here's a site with a tonne of medical equipment models:

http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/hospital/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's simply awesome! Thank you!

The defib.p3d does not seem to have any content though...

2 minutes ago, Belbo said:

That's simply awesome! Thank you!

The defib.p3d does not seem to have any content though...

I've probably been an idiot and exported it wrong. I'll get it re uploaded this evening.

• Like 1

Still having trouble exporting it so other people can see the content. I've uploaded a .blend file which is blender's native file. You'll be able to see this and resize it etc (not hard even if you've never modeled before) and then export it as a .p3d with <a href="http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20519">this</a> addon. You'll need blender but it's free and I'll talk you through exporting it if need be. I don't know why I'm having trouble exporting this particular model as a .p3d, people have been able to see it before.

• Like 1

Updated to version 1.5.4: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Medical/releases/download/1.5.4/adv_aceCPR.zip

• IMPROVED: compatibility to diwako_ragdoll.
  • IMPROVED: added new sound and reworked aed station sounds.
  • IMPROVED: added adv_aceCPR_aed to ace medical advanced crate.
  • IMPROVED: replaced ace_medical_fnc_actionCheckPulseLocal with slightly edited function.
  • IMPROVED: added chinese translation (thanks to GodofMonkeys!)
  • IMPROVED: added stationary AED.
  • Like 3

hello, we are a spanish unit and we dowload the addon, but we have a problem, because when we use de desfibrillator the firt time appears a message that says "Csimadrid use the defibrillator and stabilize" from that moment we continue to give him the defibrillator but nothing happens and we can not raise the unconscious person and put the defibrillator to 100%

1 hour ago, CsiMadrid said:

hello, we are a spanish unit and we dowload the addon, but we have a problem, because when we use de desfibrillator the firt time appears a message that says "Csimadrid use the defibrillator and stabilize" from that moment we continue to give him the defibrillator but nothing happens and we can not raise the unconscious person and put the defibrillator to 100%

If the patient has been stabilized he has been brought out of revive state. That's where you start to give transfusions and medication so he wakes up. No additional usage of the defibrillator is necessary. Continue according to the ACE³ documentation, step 4: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/medical-system.html#223-treating-the-patient

• Like 1

Am I wrong, or was there an ability to limit who is able to use the AED? My unit were trying to allow only doctors (medic class 2) to use them, but it seems everyone has the ability to use them.

7 hours ago, pirkleawesome said:

Am I wrong, or was there an ability to limit who is able to use the AED? My unit were trying to allow only doctors (medic class 2) to use them, but it seems everyone has the ability to use them.

Nope. Thus far you need just ace_medical_medicClass > 0. I haven't made a setting for the AED because it's just an AED - every git should be able to use those.

I understand if you dont want to add it in, but it would be nice to have an option. We'll just enforce rules on loadouts so only doctors can carry them.

2 hours ago, pirkleawesome said:

I understand if you dont want to add it in, but it would be nice to have an option. We'll just enforce rules on loadouts so only doctors can carry them.

That's the way we use them right now. ace_medical_medicClass > 0 can use the AED, but only ace_medical_medicClass == 2 carry one. That works quite well, because the ace_medical_medicClass == 1 can use the AED on the ace_medical_medicClass == 2, just in case.

Would it be possible to have a option via CBA settings to allow anyone to use it, in a similar way that ACE medical has the option to allow anyone to administer morphine etc?

Thanks

Hi Belbo,

I know it's early days, and I'm not asking for this right now. I'm wondering if you're planning to make a version of this mod for the ACE medical rewrite in the future? I've really enjoyed this mod compared to the standard system. Our medics really loved the defibs too. If we have to go back to PAKs, it'll be a hard pill to swallow.

Thanks mate.

5 hours ago, T.Fork said:

Hi Belbo,

I know it's early days, and I'm not asking for this right now. I'm wondering if you're planning to make a version of this mod for the ACE medical rewrite in the future? I've really enjoyed this mod compared to the standard system. Our medics really loved the defibs too. If we have to go back to PAKs, it'll be a hard pill to swallow. 

Thanks mate.

I'm currently not planning for that. I'll probably consider it as soon as the medical rewrite has been officially published.

• Like 1

Cheers for responding. Whatever you decide is cool. Thanks for making this mod, like I said we really enjoyed it.

Hi Belbo, I have 2 questions regarding the AED.

1: does the AED add 'pain' to the patient every time you shock the patient?

2: Can the patient keep his heartrate of 40 after the shock, if he is not fully stabilized yet (so if he is still bleeding)

Thanks!

On 6/28/2019 at 1:27 AM, longblox50 said:

Hi Belbo, I have 2 questions regarding the AED.

1: does the AED add 'pain' to the patient every time you shock the patient? 

2: Can the patient keep his heartrate of 40 after the shock, if he is not fully stabilized yet (so if he is still bleeding) 

Thanks!

1. Yes - and to every bystander who's too close to the patient. Just like in a 90ies hospital show, I love clichés.

2. All the AED or CPR does is raise the patient's medical variables to the base level. If the patient is still wounded or has been given the wrong medication, they will drop down again. So you might want to fix your patient up before applying the AED.

Heya. Love the mod. 

Our unit plays older decades where combat medics don't have defibs. 
The ADV setting "Maximum Time for successful CPR" (default 1200 seconds) is pinned to the Ace Medical setting "Maximum Revive Time"
Additionally, the "Seconds added to revive timer (+/- 3 seconds)" for CPR is minimum 15 seconds. 

This means that in many cases, especially with multiple people doing CPR, if there is no defib it can get people stuck in a deathless revive state where CPR will keep them alive but they can never be revived due to the patient having passed the Ace Revive timer which is tied to the Maximum Time for successful CPR. 

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to decouple "Maximum time for CPR" from "Max Revive Time" to allow patients to expire?
Or, allow the "Seconds added to revive timer" to go all the way down to 0 seconds?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Is it true that if I use this mod and the splinters mod, I will never need the magical PAK anymore? 🙂 If so that would be really awesome

One more point, if the revive time in ACE is set to 4 minutes but the maximum CPR time by this mod is set to 8 minutes, will the patient die after 4 minutes due to ACE setting and no more CPR will work anymore? So which setting is deciding the death time?