7 hours ago, mihal190 said:

hey can you make addition like, chance of being in revive state? like for example there is 40% for 5.56, 20% for 7.62, 5% for 12.7

That's not within the scope of CPR.

Different calibers make different amounts of damage to a unit. The 'chance' to go into revive state depends on the damage that a unit takes (it has to be at least ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold to go directly into the revive state). So the chance to be shot into the revive state already kind of depends on the caliber. An additional 'chance calculation' would interfer with the way revive is supposed to work.

You can make a feature request at the ACE³-github though: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3594

there's no module for this mod in the editor systems tab, is that by design or am I having issues?

On 3/4/2018 at 2:33 AM, craicken said:

there's no module for this mod in the editor systems tab, is that by design or am I having issues?

There is intentionally no module. You have to do all the customization by script - as explained in the ReadMe and the first post.

We've been using this mod for some time now and it's worked out really well for us.  Really helps ACE out and adds a lot to gameplay.  Real drama when the shock paddles have to come out, and the sound effects are wonderful, great immersion. 10/10.

• Like 1

Thanks for this mod, it's much appreciated. Only really ran a test op with this, but we're loving it already (plus the split mod).

Great job. :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Updated to version 1.5.0: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Mods/releases/download/1.5.0/adv_aceCPR.zip

ADDED: added cba settings.

ADDED: setting for maximum duration for CPR to be still successful.

IMPROVED: time added to revive-timer upon CPR now depending on new variable adv_aceCPR_timeAdd.

REMOVED: deprecated variables adv_aceCPR_onlyDoctors and adv_aceCPR_quotient.

• Like 2

So i cant use the defib when i have prevention of instadeath off? does the revive timer module have to be placed? 

if so wouldnt that stop people dying from insane amounts of damage and just make them go to sleep? 

ace_medical_preventInstaDeath is not regarded or needed by ADV - ACE CPR. ace_medical_enableRevive has to be enabled though.

Plus: ACE modules have long been depracated. Best switch over to the current ace version and use the CBA settings system to make sure you don't get any compatibility issues.

ok mate could you tell me what cba setting that is in game? is it the revive timer? im wanting to make sure the unit can still die if lets say hit by a tank/rpg or something however if injured badly and unconcious can use defib etc 

Just now, Tyl3r99 said:

ok mate could you tell me what cba setting that is in game? is it the revive timer? im wanting to make sure the unit can still die if lets say hit by a tank/rpg or something however if injured badly and unconcious can use defib etc 

ace_medical_enableRevive = 1;

Revive of course only works with ace_medical_medicSetting = 2;

Just now, Tyl3r99 said:

im guessing 2 is "advanced" 

Yes. Otherwise the CPR mechanics from ACE aren't available.

copy that will test that with prevent insta death turned off, and see if the unit can still die with the obvious and if the unit takes light/medium he gets unconcious then so on, will report back 

just tested, a shotgun to the face the player went unconcious he didnt die. the revive setting stops them from dying for some reason. 

If ace_medical_preventInstaDeath is false every damage that goes above 1 will kill the player instantly. A 'shotgun to the face' seems not to make enough damage to trigger death. Shoot a second time and he should die. ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold controls this value. Should not go below 1 though.

riiiight ok will have a mess around with it, i thought it was the players health in general so its at 1.8 at the moment lol 

Plus: _unit getVariable "ace_medical_inReviveState" is usually set to true by three events: damage > 1, bloodVolume < 30, and overdose. With ace_medical_preventInstaDeath it's impossible to trigger the reviveState with damage, since damage > 1 will kill the target and not put it in reviveState.

With ace_medical_preventInstaDeath = false, CPR will be much less useful and only be available by bloodloss or overdose.

so are you saying i should change the value from my edited 1.8 to 1? sorry im not that script smart i just know the cba screen 

Nope. ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold affects both the damage needed to trigger instaDeath and inReviveState. So with ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 1.8 you need 1.8 damage to trigger inReviveState and at the same time the unit is being killed as soon as it reaches 1.8.

The only thing to think about when using ace_medical_preventInstaDeath = false is that CPR will not be available by damage.

ok looks like it overrides the instant death bit whatever setting i choose its impossible to die instantly i just feel its a bit arcade like thats all being hit by a tank and going to sleep lol

2 minutes ago, Belbo said:

Then you might want to take that up with the ACE-Developers: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues

It's not something that is being changed by ADV - ACE CPR.

no of course not mate, i wouldn't expect you too. but thank you for the help i appreciate it 

• Like 1

Hey I've been getting some odd issues with CPR recently.

When you perform CPR successfully and stabilize your patient they sometimes wake up and then get killed to the ace spectator screen a second or two later.

I'm still trying to understand what causes it but it I think it only happens to non-medics who successfully perform CPR.

Only other thing I've noticed is I think when it does happen, at some point during the treatment of open wounds, they twitch awake for half a second, then later when you successfully perform CPR they wake up and get killed to ace spec.

33 minutes ago, SnakeDocc said:

Hey I've been getting some odd issues with CPR recently.

That sounds indeed strange. There could be multiple reasons for that - none of which I hope have anything to do with ADV - ACE CPR.

It depends on your ace settings, your mission scripts (ace spectator has to be called specifically, it's not automatically active) and your mods.

All I can say for sure is, that this problem is not a common occurrence that has been reported to me before in any way.

What I can offer is: Try to recreate the problem with somebody, get both of your rpts and export your ace³ settings to a file, put those three files in your mission folder, send me your mission folder. That way I could have a look at what might be the cause for that.