On 15.6.2017 at 11:40 PM, jus61 said:

Will they publish this mod on Steam?

No, they won't.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for this. Has really helped to stop our missions from getting bogged down so much with medevacs etc.

Updated version to 1.3.2, now with a prefix in the pbo.

Updated to version 1.3.3.

Thanks to T.Fork, who pointed out that until now cardiac arrest wouldn't enable CPR.

• Like 1

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why has this mod been removed from the steam workshop? It was on there and used by a server that I play on frequently. It made the advanced medical system so much better, with a light of hope at the end of the tunnel when performing CPR. But now that it is no longer on there, the server that I play does not want to use it any more. Is there any possibility of it coming back on the steam workshop? If not, can the mod run on the server fine and work as intended without clients needing it as well? Thanks!

Because it was uploaded there by a third party without my consent in clear disregard of my licence. Uploading my mod (or any of the content I created except for some older versions of standalone scripts I once uploaded to armaholic and no longer support or update) to SWS is prohibited by the terms of my licence. In other words: Won't happen.

To state my reasons for this: I won't support a platform that a) created more problems for me as a repository manager for my community than any other because of its invasive implementation and b) is used by a lot of users without any regard for copyright and ownership. Examples like the SW:Opposition mods or those uploads that state "It's not mine, I just uploaded it for convenience" (btw. if you have to write that in your mod description you most definitely don't have the rights to do so) have convinced me that I won't support or use SWS and won't have my content hosted there.

The mod itself has to be run on both server and client in order to work.

• Like 1

im sorry can someone explain to me why this is not integrated into ace yet...

10 hours ago, lordprimate said:

im sorry can someone explain to me why this is not integrated into ace yet...

The ace³ developers are currently working on a more or less complete redo of the medical system. This redo will change the way CPR works - albeit I suppose it won't add something like I did.

From looking at their github I suppose they will change the function of CPR to something that'll only create a pulse in the patient as long as CPR is applied, so IVs can run through and... I don't know... maybe kickstart the circulation once enough liquid has been infused - without sipping out of wounds. I really don't know.

Maybe my mod will be obsolete then - maybe I need to do a new one. The ace³ devs have a certain understanding of what they want to achieve with their mod and that's perfectly fine. My goal was to change the way ace³ handles CPR in a way that suits the playstile of my community and not trying to show the "errors of their ways" - there are none.

Playtesting revealed a severe bug in the current implementation of ADV- ACE CPR. Currently units seem to keep on "dying" after CPR, even though the units can walk around as if nothing is going wrong - resulting in dropping down without pulse after a certain amount of time.

I'm working on it.

Updated again, to 1.4.2: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Mods/releases/download/1.4.2/adv_aceCPR.zip

• IMPROVED: Raised weight of AED item.
  • IMPROVED: AED will "show" heartrate of patient after use.
  • IMPROVED: Added pain for every use of AED.
  • IMPROVED: Added probability for AED to adv_aceCPR_probabilities.
  • MATCHED: licence

Changed first post.

• Like 3

To clarify some things:

I discarded my previous licence and decided to allow copying, sharing and modifying according to the GPL-2.0 licence. The usage of the mod is still restricted by the additional terms I applied.

With the new licence you can upload my Mod as a part of your mod collection on Steam Workshop or, better yet, use my official upload: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1104460924

• Like 1

Thanks again belbo, really appreciate the change to the licence. Great to see this on Steam Workshop

Hi again belbo,

Dumb question, but was the bug fixed in 1.3.4 to do with cardiac arrest not always exiting by itself, and the fix manually setting cardiac arrest to false? I haven't checked in for a while and that would neatly explain some oddities I couldn't pin down.

Cheers again for the mod, I & our medics love it.

13 hours ago, T.Fork said:

Hi again belbo,

Dumb question, but was the bug fixed in 1.3.4 to do with cardiac arrest not always exiting by itself, and the fix manually setting cardiac arrest to false? I haven't checked in for a while and that would neatly explain some oddities I couldn't pin down.

Cheers again for the mod, I & our medics love it.

I haven't got a report on such a bug for 1.3.4. But the way it's currently handled is:

If patient is in reviveState (if in reviveState the patient is automatically in cardiac arrest), the custom cpr will be executed, resulting in the reviveState & cardiac arrest being set to false, depending on probability.

If the patient is in cardiac arrest only, the standard ace cpr will be executed, resulting in cardiac arrest being set to false, depending on probability.

As far as I know there is no such bug in 1.4.2.

21 hours ago, belbo said:

I haven't got a report on such a bug for 1.3.4. But the way it's currently handled is:

If patient is in reviveState (if in reviveState the patient is automatically in cardiac arrest), the custom cpr will be executed, resulting in the reviveState & cardiac arrest being set to false, depending on probability.

If the patient is in cardiac arrest only, the standard ace cpr will be executed, resulting in cardiac arrest being set to false, depending on probability.

As far as I know there is no such bug in 1.4.2.

Sorry mate, I should be more specific. It was this bug fixed by 1.3.4, this one

On 8/13/2017 at 7:07 AM, belbo said:

Playtesting revealed a severe bug in the current implementation of ADV- ACE CPR. Currently units seem to keep on "dying" after CPR, even though the units can walk around as if nothing is going wrong - resulting in dropping down without pulse after a certain amount of time.

I'm working on it.

I thought that bug might have been caused by cardiac arrest not exiting properly when the unit is revived.

On 25.8.2017 at 0:12 PM, T.Fork said:

Sorry mate, I should be more specific. It was this bug fixed by 1.3.4, this one

I thought that bug might have been caused by cardiac arrest not exiting properly when the unit is revived.

The bug has been, as you say, fixed since version 1.3.4. The variables for heartrate, cardiac arrest and so on weren't communicated in the network.

Hi belbo,

I tested the latest version and that's really nice, thanks for the excellent work and the addition of the AED !

My team is considering adding your mod to our collection, however « different licenses may apply to parts of this addon if it's not copied or distributed as a whole. »

I sent you a PM with details so we can discuss this.

Best regards !